Official Round 4 v Storm Match Discussion

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Righto Gus, do your job. Give Trent a DCM, put down the chopsticks ya fat bastard and pick up your whistle again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Actually I’ll give you that. He hasn’t. Burton was absolute poo for the last 2 weeks but no one will accept that because if they hype around him.
Burton and our teams form dropped off a cliff when Jake was dropped but everyone wanted a new halfback and now you got exactly what you asked for. I called it early, once the change was made it was all going to be downhill but people think i'm on drug or speak at of my arse but that's only like 73%of the time ffs.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
JJ said in the press conference said that the Dogs were trying to score off every set instead of building pressure. .. ummm so our problem apparently we were over attacking!

Notice that Burton was much more potent at Penrith with more space taking the line at speed. This year he is cramped for space, not taking the ball at speed, having problems with setting his outside players, & is often steepping of his left foot back into the forwards.
Not certain if 5/8 or centre is his best position.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
JJ said in the press conference said that the Dogs were trying to score off every set instead of building pressure. .. ummm so our problem apparently we were over attacking!

Notice that Burton was much more potent at Penrith with more space taking the line at speed. This year he is cramped for space, not taking the ball at speed, having problems with setting his outside players, & is often steepping of his left foot back into the forwards.
That left centre position at the Panthers is one of the easiest positions to play with the way Panthers set their attack...Crichton, Burton and Tago have all played there the last 3 years and killed it. You could play any half decent athlete there and they would rack up very good numbers in attack, even said Jake could play there and do similar but TK was all like Burton is a future immortal blah blah and so on. Burton is overhyped, great young prospect but still has heaps to develop in his game but really isn't anywhere near the player people have made him out to be at this stage. He's better than what he's showing but our attack is totally broken and there isn't a lot anyone can do about it without massive changes.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I think he's a fullback myself, but that's a story for another day

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Burton and our teams form dropped off a cliff when Jake was dropped but everyone wanted a new halfback and now you got exactly what you asked for. I called it early, once the change was made it was all going to be downhill but people think i'm on drug or speak at of my arse but that's only like 73%of the time ffs.
I don’t think things could have gone any worse since round 2. We went from showing promising signs to totally shitting the bed since Tbaz changed things up when it wasn’t required.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see multiple changes again this week I wonder if half the Kennel will cream themselves again like they did after the Broncos game?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I felt like naden had a bit of a dummy spit yesterday and was way down on effort and intensity. He tanked it big time.
Yh and Trent will probably reward that effort by moving him back to centre :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t think things could have gone any worse since round 2. We went from showing promising signs to totally shitting the bed since Tbaz changed things up when it wasn’t required.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see multiple changes again this week I wonder if half the Kennel will cream themselves again like they did after the Broncos game?
There's 100% going to be changes again this week haha

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So everyone on the kennel knows better then our coach. This is what you think? Baz is the coach, and he is entitled to make whatever selections he wants, and will suffer the consewuences if we fail. And yes, he does know a hell of a lot more then the kennels armchair coaches. How fucking arrogant it is to think that we all know better. Maybe, just maybe, baz has it all worked out, and will get the team firing, even without the kennels experts help.
Yep maybe you're right. But proof is in the pudding

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The service and decision making by JMK yesterday was a debacle. A few times the ball hit his foot while his eyes were up looking at what to do.

Compare that to Harry Grant who was throwing 20 metre passes out of dummy half and giving his attacking players every opportunity.

Just one of many problems we have but it’s a bloody big one.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

:tearsofjoy: Mate.... agree with you that he should have let Jake stay at 7 to see how things panned out as they trained that wayall offseason, but surely you are not suggesting our death spiral is because Jake was dropped..?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy: Mate.... agree with you that he should have let Jake stay at 7 to see how things panned out as they trained that wayall offseason, but surely you are not suggesting our death spiral is because Jake was dropped..?
I'm saying for every decision there is a consequence