Round 4 - Dogs vs Souths - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Williams has been one of our better performers this season tbh, happy to have him atm.
And how's that been working out for the team
What so 2 good games covers for 3 bad years
Fcuk him off and put lane or Elliot there ASAP

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And how's that been working out for the team
What so 2 good games covers for 3 bad years
Fcuk him off and put lane or Elliot there ASAP
Who gives a fuck about what has happened, atm he is playing well and is of value to the squad. I hope he continues to play at similar level.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who gives a fuck about what has happened, atm he is playing well and is of value to the squad. I hope he continues to play at similar level.
He's not Greg Eastwood or josh Jackson that's for sure lol

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh it showed last Friday night too when our forwards were trampled when he wasn't there

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeh it showed last Friday night too when our forwards were trampled when he wasn't there
Lol please, like he would have made any difference. Averages around 60m atm, would hardly have provided any of the go forward we required in that game

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't do stats, just ask Aiden Tolman about stats and you'll know why I hate them

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eastwood doesn't miss tackles up the middle I can guarantee u that
He's tackling technique is the best at our club

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So i was always against playing props at lock, but maybe we should look at moving one of Tolman or Graham to lock and have them playing a full 80 as a work horse and roatate our props a lil more often. Surely that would be more effective than having both Graham and Tolman starting at prop and having them take a atleast 1 hitup every bloody set.

I think that looks a lil more balanced than what we have atm. Eastwood has always been better off the bench rather than starting lock, he just doesn't get through enough work while there. Have him come on at prop and hit hard through the middle while using some late footwork to get between defenders. Have Kas come on and just fucking run straight through the middle and not worry about always trying to play cute balls. Id also look to have Williams come in a take a few more hitups through the middle and rotate him with Elliot if required, no need to try and pace him through the 80 imo.

To me, this just seems a lil more balanced and i think we would get more value out of this.
Eastwood has been epic this year so far (outside of injury).

Him and Kas rotating at Lock works well, because both can ball play, and it allows Kas to roam around the field and run wide. Definitely suits him compared to straight running as a prop.

It also allows us to have:
8. Klemmer
10. Graham
12. Trex
13. Kas

All on at the same time.

If anything you could actually slot Beastwood in the second row there as well.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't do stats, just ask Aiden Tolman about stats and you'll know why I hate them
I used to love Sterlo abusing his genitals when Hindmarsh made 60 tackles and 20 hit ups. ...problem was they were all flops and he made 5m per run.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Eastwood has been epic this year so far (outside of injury).

Him and Kas rotating at Lock works well, because both can ball play, and it allows Kas to roam around the field and run wide. Definitely suits him compared to straight running as a prop.

It also allows us to have:
8. Klemmer
10. Graham
12. Trex
13. Kas

All on at the same time.

If anything you could actually slot Beastwood in the second row there as well.
How on earth was he epic? Seriously? This is what i mean by him being overrated on TK. He was solid, nothing more nothing less. Our lock rotation also sucks and is a huge problem imo. Kasiano and Eastwood both need to play at prop and not stuff around at lock. I don't want Kas or Eastwood roaming around the field, i want them making an impact through the middle where we actually need it.

In round 1, Kas was amazing because he got the ball and just bloody ran hard and straight, he wasn't worried about trying to throw cute balls all the time.

Eastwood on an edge? Seriously? This is not 2009 Eastwood anymore, he would be given a bath on an edge. Swear you lot think so highly of this bloke based on his previous stints and not his current form/style.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like Eastwood because he has the most sting in defence by far. He is the only player that tries to motivate the team with big defence the whole time he is on the field. We need more players with his state of mind. I wouldn't mind someone like Joel Thompson who is a fair but hard player.

Anyways back on topic--Very suprised Cook is playing (i was hoping he would be scratched) as it was the heaviest concussion i have ever seen in the NRL, and it is a 5 day turn around. I think we will win this game and i will seriously be embarrassed if we don't.

bulldog_ando

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Eastwood is probaly the most underrated player, probably not here in the kennel but in the nrl. What he adds to the team is invaluable. I was gutted when he wasnt playing last week and generally am if hes not in the team. I wasn't too confident last week before the game and became less confident when i heard he wasnt playing. Defence is outstanding and in attack is always aggressive looking for that offload. Overall its his gameplay always gives 100 percent.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our strike rate when Eastwood is missing is abysmal
Can't be just a coincidence

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What a JOKE ... Paul Carter gets a down grade and is cleared to play.

Graham does it last year and gets suspended for a lengthy period.

#nrlisfucked

Re Beastwood I'd have to look up the stats, but he'd have to be close to the #1 second rower/lock for us in terms of line breaks. Quite a few times he's split defence wide open and had no support.

Status
Not open for further replies.