Official Round 3 v Manly Match Discussion

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were very lucky to win round 1. It only come down to cowboys fullback being offside that we won. Despite playing better the following week we lost. I feel these factors have prolonged the spots that most agree need to be changed. And to be honest they'll probably get picked again next week. As great as it was to win round one, it'll probably cause us pain further down the track despite being glaringly obvious.
It only came down to the fullback being offside ? What the fuck ? It came down to Burton’s sweet boot. TPJ ripping in, duftys attack, jmk absolutely firing up, the foxes energy.
What the actual fuck is this post and so many others ? Can you not see the signs ? We are slowly becoming the dogs of war 2.0 have some fucking ticker and get behind all the boys. Get the fuck over who is selected and who isn’t u fake fkn armchair coaches, couldn’t even coach under 7s u flops, keyboard warriors
U will
All eat ur words when we beat manly

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It only came down to the fullback being offside ? What the fuck ? It came down to Burton’s sweet boot. TPJ ripping in, duftys attack, jmk absolutely firing up, the foxes energy.
What the actual fuck is this post and so many others ? Can you not see the signs ? We are slowly becoming the dogs of war 2.0 have some fucking ticker and get behind all the boys. Get the fuck over who is selected and who isn’t u fake fkn armchair coaches, couldn’t even coach under 7s u flops, keyboard warriors
U will
TPJ didn’t play round 1

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All.

I went back last night and watched last week's game again and although we didn't score many tries I was really, really, really impressed with what I saw.

If we can manage to fix our defence on our right wing, then I am really optimistic of what we will achieve this year.

I haven't seen our team play with such an upbeat constant tempo in a game for a very very long time.

And they were also responsible for dictating the pace of the game and I must give credit to the coaches for finally getting these boys fit.

Although we haven't scored a plethora of tries yet, I am confident that the points will slowly but surely start to flow on the back of the front foot style of play we displayed last week with ball in hand.

Defence is what wins premierships, and although I'm not going to be that outlandish to suggest we're gonna win the comp, only conceding 2 legitimate tries plus the 2 questionable ones in 2 games is an awesome effort that will see us win our fair share of games.

That's why I'm gonna put em on the line here and now.

My prediction for this season after seeing what I've seen is that we will win at least half our games across the season barring a major catastrophe with injuries.

Normally winning 50% of your games gets you in the 8 and I honestly think that we will do it.

The hardest thing about what I've seen so far this season is that there is probably 2 to 3 teams that stand out at the top, and probably 2 that stand out down the bottom. That means that the other 11 to 12 teams are all very similar in quality and are all realistically looking at a 50% win ratio also.

That's 11 teams fighting for 5 spots. So every win, every point scored & every point conceded will be more important than any season prior as I'm predicting a very tight finish.

So now that I know we finally got a seriously good enough squad, I'm saying it's all gonna start with a win on Sunday night against Manly, a team that we are very due to have a win over. And then the NRL world will finally have to take notice & start giving us some credit.

Bulldogs by 10

Last edited:

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Re-read the post mate, no need to get personal.

Advice to you is to watch the last couple of minutes against the cowboys and tell me if the hammer scores that try, we still win? I never bagged out any one of the players you mentioned so while i agree with what you said about them players the point is invalid.
My point was and I will stand by this point, if we are in a close contest it seems to be 1-2 individuals that provide and keep providing crucial defensive errors, poor lateral speed, not being able to read shape, over and over again. It was a problem last year but worse with Hoppa.
I'll accept as a team we have made a ton of progess, I don't disagree.
Could you remind me the definition of insanity? Which the bloke who has made nothing but a positive impact on our club, Gus, has pointed out. It's doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. The edges we are coming up against in coming weeks will age this comment well. I wish nothing but the best for the team. I'm entitled to be frustrated and share that opinion without having someone label me an armchair coach etc etc

End of

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Advice to you is to watch the last couple of minutes against the cowboys and tell me if the hammer scores that try, we still win? I never bagged out any one of the players you mentioned so while i agree with what you said about them players the point is invalid.
My point was and I will stand by this point, if we are in a close contest it seems to be 1-2 individuals that provide and keep providing crucial defensive errors, poor lateral speed, not being able to read shape, over and over again. It was a problem last year but worse with Hoppa.
Could you remind me the definition of insanity? Which the bloke who has made nothing but a positive impact on our club, Gus, has pointed out. It's doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. The edges we are coming up against in coming weeks will age this comment well. I wish nothing but the best for the team. I'm entitled to be frustrated and share that opinion without having someone label me an armchair coach etc etc

End of
Stop being an armchair coach.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stop being an armchair coach.
K thanks for the advice.
Sorry for offering an opinion on a forum that is literally about a team I follow.

"I dONT aGreE wItH WhAT you say, So ILl cALL YoU nAmEs", Offer an opinion or keep eating the popcorn and refrain from being one of them people quoted above ☝

But hey, if I'm an armchair coach for having an opinion, what would that make you? An armchair....? Nah l I'll let you figure that one out, not going there. Happy to reply if you have some constructive criticism, if not I'm doing us both a favour and jogging on

Last edited:

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
U will
I could feel the intensity you must have been feeling increasing as I read that .

I hear chilli and garlic sauce kebabs can reduce the stress

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a 0 from2 Souffs can rally some spirit and beat the Rorters, then we can do the same. Unlucky last week, let's bring it home this week.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, the Cowboys & the Broncos are not in the bottom 2 squads for this season.

Because many story writers have them there (especially the Cowboys) they aren't giving us too much credit for our performances.

But many of those who do understand footy know and have expressed that we were the better side last week & were very impressed by our performance.

In fact all those in the media who were calling for Baz to be sacked pre round 1 and even after round 1 have piped right down because they know they will look like complete tosser's if they continue their attacks whilst this team in turn makes them look stoopid.

Fix our right edge defence & we will beat Manly convincingly through our middles and give back to Des where he is owed it.

Bulldogs by 10

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

End of
I would counter with the no try for Dufty. That pass would not be called forward most games, and in fact has been allowed in a few games since.
Dufty's try allowed, and we are up 12-4. That gives us a buffer, and makes it a whole different ball game.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A simple change is

1. Dufty
2. Naden
3. Schoupp
4. Burns
5. JAC

But I'd fix our backline problems with this...

1. Dufty
2. Naden
3. Avo
4. Burns
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Wakeham
Have you got inside information. I think you are on the money.