Official Round 3 v Manly Match Discussion

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was very surprised Burton went for field goal instead of a torp bomb to Saab with just under two minutes to go.

45m field goal with a wet ball was optimistic to say the least.

We were crying out loud for someone to take control during that last ten minutes.

Instead we made schoolboy errors.
Frustrating mate. A bit like watching u15

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I saw some very poor efforts to get to marker after tackles were complete. To be honest I thought we'd cop more penalties for them. We were very stupid and poor at getting into marker. We may as well hold up a sign and say "6 again"
We lost the wrestle all night. There play the balls we’re lightning compared to ours. Thought ref allow much more leniency to them

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only good thing is i got some sapa sui ma kalo to soak up the alcohol...ia manuia le po uce!! Always next week
Nice uso

Man I miss soul food I live in Tauranga and my fam in West Auckland

Hopefully one of them won the lotto last night 28 mil [emoji23]

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You’re clutching at straws dude
so you dont think it was our right side defense? We had the penalty count....Manly made so many errors. We had poor 5th tackle options. How many times did Burto get caught with the ball on the last?. With the amount of errors made in the first half most good attacking teams would have put at least 5 tries on them. Stop blaming the ref... we lost that game tonight.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough bro, I’ll rewatch it again
Admittedly I’m 8 beers down and family over so not watching second by second [emoji23]
What kind of a family disturbs you during a dog's game?

Kick them out.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
This might be a bit OT but god the love for TT is a bit fckng ridiculous.

Fox:
Manly were down 8-0 when the superstar fullback scored the first try and then set up the second with a beautiful cut-out pass to Reuben Garrick.

Shame that it was Foran that threw the pass.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was very surprised Burton went for field goal instead of a torp bomb to Saab with just under two minutes to go.

45m field goal with a wet ball was optimistic to say the least.

We were crying out loud for someone to take control during that last ten minutes.

Instead we made schoolboy errors.
I was actually disappointed that on numerous occasions on 5th tackle, the Manly defence wouldn't even rush Burton and towards the end were 20m from him.

It was the time to play heads-up and run it. Or chip it over the top. A chip kick in the wet is anyones ball and could even win you a drop ball.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so you dont think it was our right side defense? We had the penalty count....Manly made so many errors. We had poor 5th tackle options. How many times did Burto get caught with the ball on the last?. With the amount of errors made in the first half most good attacking teams would have put at least 5 tries on them. Stop blaming the ref... we lost that game tonight.
Yeah we're all experts hey!

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was actually disappointed that on numerous occasions on 5th tackle, the Manly defence wouldn't even rush Burton and towards the end were 20m from him.

It was the time to play heads-up and run it. Or chip it over the top. A chip kick in the wet is anyones ball and could even win you a drop ball.
Yep at least take the ground and see what happens, with their wingers having already dropped back.

Eyes up footy.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id Prefer to say manly's experienced half was better than our young pups.
Boys made a good game of it tonight. Only lost by 1 point. Its a bloody huge improvement on last years game against manly.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Id Prefer to say manly's experienced half was better than our young pups.
Boys made a good game of it tonight. Only lost by 1 point. Its a bloody huge improvement on last years game against manly.
100% agree. But that game was ours to win. I think we have just forgotten how to win. Plenty to be encouraged by. I think we'll come good by origin period.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro, he under hit his grubber and got lucky with Manly mishandling it lol. Literally did nothing of value other than that and was a spot player in defence. Team was overall far worse, Burton handled the ball far less than in previous weeks while also being starved of quality ball, literally no combination play, etc.
The team was overall worse because of Averillo --> Wakeham?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Late team changes. Hetherington off early. New halfback taken off for a period to have an injury treated. Team forced to move players around breaking up any cohesion. Manly camped on our line for decades, forcing us to tackle our hearts out. Only lost by a point.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The try right on half time killed us, we absolutely bottled it. 4 point lead with 2mins remaining and we had the ball on 5th tackle in the 20m attack zone. That is down to the players.