Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Much is being made about Melbourne being down on players, but the reality is that side still had Grant,NAS,Welch,Hughes’s and is coached by Craig Bellamy, we dominated that side for sixty minutes and we did it without Thompson,TPJ and a halfback.
AND we played down there

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are the better team but you only have to be off slightly in rugby league and momentum can swing 180 degrees
K true but only danger is for a side to think the games a doddle. Turn up and snatch the 2 points
But there is 0 structure in their attack. Bloody hell the errors, sideways running, not genuine hard runners.
Massive mistake putting Sheen's and Benji there. There's other decent coaches looking for work.
FMS they could've reached out to Desi, Flanno be a lot better than the useless coaching staff they have.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers look abysmal in attack today. Wouldn’t be surprised if CC opts to put Karl Olaopu on the bench as Okunbor was not really needed. If there’s a game you want to ease this 18yo in its this game. we play at home and they have lost their last two games and they’re playing horrible footy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tigers look abysmal in attack today. Wouldn’t be surprised if CC opts to put Karl Olaopu on the bench as Okunbor was not really needed. If there’s a game you want to ease this 18yo in its this game. we play at home and they have lost their last two games and they’re playing horrible footy.
Karl isn't playing firstgrade yet

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If we are persisting with the big body outside back on the bench than Skelton is probably more beneficial to that role as he definitely can play centre, wing and backrow but we can’t really judge Okunbor poorly as he only played about 2 minutes

Reactions: CCC

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Tigers outside backs are shocking defensively so if we continually isolate and target them all game, we should win comfortably..

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The Tigers outside backs are shocking defensively so if we continually isolate and target them all game, we should win comfortably..
I just feel like they are due for some players to have good games aka Korisua and Papali’i because both have been pretty meh to start. Hopefully the boys come in with that same intensity of underdogs like we did this week. The NRL this year is very open and games will be a lot closer. It sounds stupid but i would be so much more confident if we weren’t playing at Belmore. Its a curse now tbh

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just feel like they are due for some players to have good games aka Korisua and Papali’i because both have been pretty meh to start. Hopefully the boys come in with that same intensity of underdogs like we did this week. The NRL this year is very open and games will be a lot closer. It sounds stupid but i would be so much more confident if we weren’t playing at Belmore. Its a curse now tbh
That's why I wanted them to win today. They couldn't have played much worse so will be extra fired up next week. We just have to match that intensity and come out desperate like we did against Melbourne. Any complacency from us and it will be a long and frustrating game. If we're switched on and Ciraldo can get them focused then we should beat them as they're a mess defensively.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That's why I wanted them to win today. They couldn't have played much worse so will be extra fired up next week. We just have to match that intensity and come out desperate like we did against Melbourne. Any complacency from us and it will be a long and frustrating game. If we're switched on and Ciraldo can get them focused then we should beat them as they're a mess defensively.
I have hope Ciraldo is the guy to do this right with the squad this week in the circumstances of the game upcoming. He did this week when all hope was slim

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Seems like Okunbor will be a regular in the 17 from now on going off Gus' comments.