Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great summary, the other thing to add here is whilst Flanno cops his fair share, particularly with his attacking game, he does some of the unheralded things really well, his defence is extremely good for a bloke his size and made some first class legs tackles at critical moments - he’s one of the best defenders in his position and he didn’t miss a shot at goal, whilst they were fairly straight forward, Burton usually sprays at least one attempt.
For sure. He's been OK so far all round and his defense can never be questioned. You can tell he's been working hard on his game, but you can't teach natural attacking instincts which is where he falls short a bit. A few too many wrong options for a halfback.

Perham is the other one who is growing in the role nicely. Credit to Ciraldo on that one, it was the right call vs Averillo or anyone else.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For sure. He's been OK so far all round and his defense can never be questioned. You can tell he's been working hard on his game, but you can't teach natural attacking instincts which is where he falls short a bit. A few too many wrong options for a halfback.

Perham is the other one who is growing in the role nicely. Credit to Ciraldo on that one, it was the right call vs Averillo or anyone else.
Absolutely, it’s his attacking game that simply can’t get to that next level (spot on regarding natural instinct), structured play suits him better but because it relies on a half digging into the line and having that little bit of speed, that’s off the table also. If he can hold his own until Oluapo or Rajab show they can mix in with men, I think he’s done his job. I can’t see any dramatic improvements with his attacking game unfortunately - I’d love to be proven wrong, don’t wish bad upon anyone having a go.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just saw the Luke Brooks first try, biggest forward pass i’ve ever seen. We got so fuckn dudded from the refs all game

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just saw the Luke Brooks first try, biggest forward pass i’ve ever seen. We got so fuckn dudded from the refs all game
not to mention the amount of piggyback penalties they got in the second half when we couldn't even get one till the end of the half

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brandon Wakeham is a decent player who was treated very badly by the Dogs. He should be lining up at seven for us, not the Tigers. I hope he turns in a Wally Lewis level performance in a badly beaten team.
I wrote this before the match on Sunday. They say you should be careful what you wish for. Wakes came on in the 62nd minute, when we were coasting to a comfortable victory, and almost took the game away from us.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wrote this before the match on Sunday. They say you should be careful what you wish for. Wakes came on in the 62nd minute, when we were coasting to a comfortable victory, and almost took the game away from us.
It gave me Austin off the bench for the Raiders vibes when they miraculously pulled one out their ass