Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that him? Oh fuck.. Haha. Spin a wheel every time he makes a decision because anything could happen. I don't know how they didn't drop him after that. Shows they have no standards and never hold themselves accountable. Hopefully he doesn't do more crazy shit this week otherwise it could ruin a good day and game
That’s him alright. When he started I found his style refreshing, because as I said, he seemed to be very unbiased. You’d think that didn’t need saying with referees, but here we are. I haven’t exactly paid much attention to his reffing recently, so who knows what we’ll get on Sunday. I did watch that Dolphins match but didn’t focus on him. Iirc, the SOS sin bin seemed partially compensation for the Raider sin bin, which was over the top from memory. I can’t even remember what it was for.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Oh have u seen the abc article today?
Original headline was hammering him haha
I still can't believe he said it haha.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Looks like it's staged however the awkward face Brooks pulls may suggest otherwise.
Yeah thought it was staged but really not a good look either way lol

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Bateman plays. Can you imagine a Pom playing his first game of the season in 35 degree heat? He’s coming off an injury too, and he’s only been here for a couple of months
Yeh im with you mate play the guy…unless like it does on those type of days have a storm in the afternoon…idea is to put points on early…keep them pinned in corners…Mahoney has been Good with kicking game. Burton growing in confidence if he is kicking for JAC to chase I like it as they are usually still pinned if they miss out.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we have to be careful.
Tigers will be absolutely gagging for a win here. Bateman will be back and if he is on they will lift.

We cant rest on our laurels.
I know I am in the minority here but I really thought there were worrying signs against Melbourne despite the win.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe somebody has already mentioned it but they should push the game back an hour due to the heat. It’s looking like it’s going to be a scorcher

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we have to be careful.
Tigers will be absolutely gagging for a win here. Bateman will be back and if he is on they will lift.

We cant rest on our laurels.
I know I am in the minority here but I really thought there were worrying signs against Melbourne despite the win.
I’d agree they are worrying signs if you had the expectation we were grand final bound. But if you were realistic and had us as an outside chance for the 8 I’d say the signs were good. At least we look like there is potential to score points. Not since the glory days of Kerrod Dutchy Holland have our outside backs looked so likely uleh

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just want the win at this stage of the season. By 1 or 50 doesn't matter to me.

As the season progresses then we will see what type of team we are and then my expectations will change.

I think we're too early into the season to be saying we should "smash" anyone. Will be happy if we do though.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor on the bench is good imo.
I agree...he has size and pace, he also has had horrible hands so as long as he holds the ball this may well be his future because a winger who can't catch is of no use to anyone

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we lose to the Tigpies at home we should fold.

Coach will have no other choice but to flog the players if they lose.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Should be a simple game plan this round. Play the terittory and posession game and tire the Tigers out with pressure and the heat.

Stupid errors, penalties and 6-agains against us will be the only way Tigers win this. We have a habit of tackling ourselves into exhaustion and eventually being blown away. That's what Manly did to us.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Per Gus on his podcast :

- Okonbur being trained as an edge forward. On the bench because he can cover wing as well (important to have that with all of the HIA's) ;

- Reynolds not playing first grade this week
I actually don't mind this he has been doing well in cup. I have been pretty critical of dick fingers, but credit where credit's due. His confidence is up and I think he'll do well in this role.

Last edited:

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its going to be about 35 degrees on the hill!!! Can we get some Habib's to build some shelter please? No council approval required, all cash.