Official Round 3 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Won't do shit. No running game and fuck all of a ball player, other than linking the play with an overlap or a bomb, he won't do shit. Cogger I don't mind seeing...but we could've seen him playing halfback over a year ago.

Club has just wasted so much time and now when we have two young highly rated halves they're stuck behind players that simply shouldn't be there or have a players we should have a better understanding of. I still can't believe that Wakeham isn't starting and that he's suddenly 4/5th choice, absolutely crazy.
Makes me sad that someone creative whilst having his flaws in Josh Cleeland couldn't even get 1 first grade game and a fraud in Lewis keeps getting a run after showing he's not up to it.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Makes me sad that someone creative whilst having his flaws in Josh Cleeland couldn't even get 1 first grade game and a fraud in Lewis keeps getting a run after showing he's not up to it.
A Blue eyed Media favourite.
Great defender but has held the attack by the balls. Wakeham, Cogger and now Averillo have to wait. All can run the show to different degrees.
I often think with a bit of bulk on him he could be a Travis Norton type player, one of the best 13's of the 90's.
Anyway the balls in his court.
I would love to be wrong.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I tipped the Warriors, Tigers and Raiders today and had them in a multi to win $4k.

Fuckin Warriors 1-12
Fuckin Tigers 13+
Fuckin Raiders 1-12

So, I am tipping the Dogs 1-12 tomorrow so they should be a shoe in at 13+

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can respect the club and not the coaches decisions at the same time. I know that's a difficult concept for some to grasp here.
Supporters respect that the decision making process rests with the Board. To agitate constantly for a change of coach is to show disrespect for the Boards decision making. Your not on the Board so shut the fuck up. Nobody is interested in dissenters opinions regarding our appointed coach. You want a say?...then get elected to the Board champion.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suaso Sue must give Pay personal service after training to still be even in the club. Another Pay favourite but is in losing sides usually. Same his whole career. When I heard he was in the team this week, my hope for a win Afghanistan Manly nosedived.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Suaso Sue must give Pay personal service after training to still be even in the club. Another Pay favourite but is in losing sides usually. Same his whole career. When I heard he was in the team this week, my hope for a win Afghanistan Manly nosedived.
Afghanistan.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we lose by less than 16. We stay above dragons!!!! Come on boys!!!

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great move. I always knew Pay was a genius. Why not just start with Averilo at 5/8 and let him play all game. Lewis at lock lol. All hail Pay the master. Give the man a 5 year extension.
Apparently Lewis will be moving to lock late in the first half with Averillo coming on at 5/8.

I made this up.

frogdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A Blue eyed Media favourite.
Great defender but has held the attack by the balls. Wakeham, Cogger and now Averillo have to wait. All can run the show to different degrees.
I often think with a bit of bulk on him he could be a Travis Norton type player, one of the best 13's of the 90's.
Anyway the balls in his court.
I would love to be wrong.
Yeah you are right there Brian, i think he would work well as a 13

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calm down mate.
Its a fan forum
Guess we need to get the Russians back and start our fans to silence them.
Supporters respect that the decision making process rests with the Board. To agitate constantly for a change of coach is to show disrespect for the Boards decision making. Your not on the Board so shut the fuck up. Nobody is interested in dissenters opinions regarding our appointed coach. You want a say?...then get elected to the Board champion.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Great move. I always knew Pay was a genius. Why not just start with Averilo at 5/8 and let him play all game. Lewis at lock lol. All hail Pay the master. Give the man a 5 year extension.
From what I have seen Averillo is not remotely close to being ready for 80 minutes of NRL level intensity, it won't help us and could easily destroy his confidence. He's only 19, needs time to build up to the mental and physical demands, gradually building his exposure to the other players and coming off the bench.

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
From what I have seen Averillo is not remotely close to being ready for 80 minutes of NRL level intensity, it won't help us and could easily destroy his confidence. He's only 19, needs time to build up to the mental and physical demands, gradually building his exposure to the other players and coming off the bench.

Go Dogs
But the kennel want the most inexperienced halves combination in the comp mate don’t you get it

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If DWZ struggles under the high ball again then the experiment with him at fullback needs to end
High ball struggles or not, still plenty of other things that simply aren't good enough. Wonder if him and the staff are smart enough to have him running back in and around the ruck? There may be some chances for him there so the rule changes may benefit him a bit..

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
High ball struggles or not, still plenty of other things that simply aren't good enough. Wonder if him and the staff are smart enough to have him running back in and around the ruck? There may be some chances for him there so the rule changes may benefit him a bit..
One question for you.

Why the fuk dont we give Wakeham as much game experience as possible?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
One question for you.

Because we have big dumb dumbs @ the club making decisions.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
One question for you.
The Averillo "fanbois" are up in arms because he isn't starting whilst the Wakeham "fanbois" are upset because he isn't on the bench. I just don't see the ability to fit both of them in the 17, not for this round anyway. I don't know what he weighs right now but Wakeham wasn't 80 kgs at the end of the pre season, as a comparison Croft is almost 10 kgs heavier. I just don't think that Wakeham is physically ready for NRL level, most definitely not extended minutes.

Go Dogs