Official Round 3 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Averillo "fanbois" are up in arms because he isn't starting whilst the Wakeham "fanbois" are upset because he isn't on the bench. I just don't see the ability to fit both of them in the 17, not for this round anyway. I don't know what he weighs right now but Wakeham wasn't 80 kgs at the end of the pre season, as a comparison Croft is almost 10 kgs heavier. I just don't think that Wakeham is physically ready for NRL level, most definitely not extended minutes.

Go Dogs
I didn’t see Wakeham struggling from a defensive standpoint. Without a reserve grade how will he get better if we think he’s the future?
Averillo should be starting possibly at centre and we can get rid of Crichton

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
High ball struggles or not, still plenty of other things that simply aren't good enough. Wonder if him and the staff are smart enough to have him running back in and around the ruck? There may be some chances for him there so the rule changes may benefit him a bit..
Are you asking for us to actually have an attacking game plan???

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
But the kennel want the most inexperienced halves combination in the comp mate don’t you get it
Just like last year when there were calls for Nu Brown to play half. He eventually did for one game when there was no one else to partner Foran (Cogger/Lewis both injured) and he was WOEFUL.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just like last year when there were calls for Nu Brown to play half. He eventually did for one game when there was no one else to partner Foran (Cogger/Lewis both injured) and he was WOEFUL.
Yes Lewis is setting the NRL on fire let’s continue giving him exposure...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Supporters respect that the decision making process rests with the Board. To agitate constantly for a change of coach is to show disrespect for the Boards decision making. Your not on the Board so shut the fuck up. Nobody is interested in dissenters opinions regarding our appointed coach. You want a say?...then get elected to the Board champion.
Fuck off muppet

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes Lewis is setting the NRL on fire let’s continue giving him exposure...
Many appear to be overlooking that Foran would’ve been selected this week if cleared to play. So before anyone jumps to conclusions about Lewis’ ongoing tenure, let’s wait and see if Foz is available for Round 4, the team named and go from there...

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Averillo "fanbois" are up in arms because he isn't starting whilst the Wakeham "fanbois" are upset because he isn't on the bench. I just don't see the ability to fit both of them in the 17, not for this round anyway. I don't know what he weighs right now but Wakeham wasn't 80 kgs at the end of the pre season, as a comparison Croft is almost 10 kgs heavier. I just don't think that Wakeham is physically ready for NRL level, most definitely not extended minutes.

Go Dogs
Regardless. We signed him for 2 years. He is in our plans. Let him have a proper shot while Foran isnt here.

Lewis has not done anything to show he should have made the team.

We afford Lewis a solid 30 or so games to establish himself. Why not give that to Wakeham for this season?

6. Cogger
7. Wakeham

Averilo can be 14 or even centre ffs.

Lewis can either play off the bench as a lock/half utility or just fuk off.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So get your bets in.... Who gets hooked and probably never plays for the Bulldogs ever again??

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's very hard to see anything except a comfortable Eagles win today.

After seeing more games under the new rules we are going to have big issues adjusting and it makes it harder to grind out results which is pretty much the only way we win.

Our spine just doesn't have enough points in it and if Manly get a couple early it could get ugly.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Regardless. We signed him for 2 years. He is in our plans. Let him have a proper shot while Foran isnt here.

Lewis has not done anything to show he should have made the team.

We afford Lewis a solid 30 or so games to establish himself. Why not give that to Wakeham for this season?

6. Cogger
7. Wakeham

Averilo can be 14 or even centre ffs.

Lewis can either play off the bench as a lock/half utility or just fuk off.
Cogger and Lewis are dominant halves.... Wakeham just doesn't play well with either because his an alpha. Like you said his in the plans so no real need to kill the kid now when there is a long future ahead espescially when the coach cant pick players in the right positions.

On another note, Lewis, I don't think there really is a spot for him in the team because personally the only player we should have as a utility is JMK and we really need a genuine hooker because the spine is absolutely ridiculously SHIT!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Supporters respect that the decision making process rests with the Board. To agitate constantly for a change of coach is to show disrespect for the Boards decision making. Your not on the Board so shut the fuck up. Nobody is interested in dissenters opinions regarding our appointed coach. You want a say?...then get elected to the Board champion.
Fuck off muppet
Board mouthpiece lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So get your bets in.... Who gets hooked and probably never plays for the Bulldogs ever again??
Probably will be Cogger even though he's better than Lewis... Jack will be up against it with our weaker forward pack out there trying to mix it with manlys middles.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably will be Cogger even though he's better than Lewis... Jack will be up against it with our weaker forward pack out there trying to mix it with manlys middles.
It doesn’t help Cogger’s cause that Lewis and Wakeham are both signed for next year too

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay is out of his depth. If he hooks Lewis that will destroy his confidence. Likewise with Cogger. If you're going to have Averillo on the bench to give him game time you need to bring him on in a utility role (don't reshuffle the spine). Or just bloody start him in the halves.

You don't bring him on when the game is over and destroy the confidence of your halves. See the Cowboys game rd 2 for that disaster-class from Pay.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who knows with Pay as coach tbh… Guy will probably wait until its 50-0 and then throw Averillo to the wolves.

Don't care what happens tonight but in all honesty if this isn't our line-up in the weeks to come then Pay should just walk tbh.

1. Avo
2. Meaney
3. DWZ
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. Katoa
10.Napa
11.RT
12.Jack
13.Elliot

14. JMK
15. RFM
16. Ogden
17. Britt

Its a whole different bloody team with what we got to work with....

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I recall when there was a virtual uprising about Brad Arthur at Parramatta.
They were calling him a bush coach, amongst other obscenities. They queried his fitness levels
and his game plan.
This year the accusers have all gone underground, and the others see him as a messiah.
Does this sound familiar?
I feel the same thing will happen here.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who knows with Pay as coach tbh… Guy will probably wait until its 50-0 and then throw Averillo to the wolves.

Don't care what happens tonight but in all honesty if this isn't our line-up in the weeks to come then Pay should just walk tbh.

1. Avo
2. Meaney
3. DWZ
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. Katoa
10.Napa
11.RT
12.Jack
13.Elliot

14. JMK
15. RFM
16. Ogden
17. Britt

Its a whole different bloody team with what we got to work with....

Not bad BUT we can’t keep playing Tolman in the starting line up

he is useless

his clean up work isn’t enough to justify him starting in my opinion.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not bad BUT we can’t keep playing Tolman in the starting line up

he is useless

his clean up work isn’t enough to justify him starting in my opinion.
Mate, Just working with what we got and sadly Tolman is our best prop... LOL So unless Thompson comes over early we are fcuked.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Many appear to be overlooking that Foran would’ve been selected this week if cleared to play. So before anyone jumps to conclusions about Lewis’ ongoing tenure, let’s wait and see if Foz is available for Round 4, the team named and go from there...
While I agree Pay would have selected Foran if fit do you really believe that Lewis would have been replaced for Foran?? I highly doubt it but I can wait till round 4.