Official Round 25 Raider V Bulldog Team List + Discussion

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team looks decent on paper. Like tpj off the bench and Sutton out of the side. Knight and king are our best props atm. Wighton big out we are a chance
I doubt we’re a chance! Big stars are always out when they play us and we still get raped no lube

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We haven’t had great success recruiting ex raiders in recent times Sutton, Frawley, Cotric, Lewis, Woolford , that Clay dude, Pangai - I think originally a raider - all fails.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
OK, who's excited for today abs who is worried it's going to be another flogging.

Hate to be the glass half empty kinda guy today, but if I am being honest I am really concerned.

I feel like we have come at the right time for Canberra.
After their pathetic performance last week they will be keen to put in a big one for ricky in Canberra.

As often happens our team will become a training run to play Canberra back into form and momentum.

I see another 40+ point thrashing.

Hope I'm wrong, but I can't see our forwards being able to contain Canberra big men.

And to rum salt into the wounds Canberra have already touched us up in lower grades.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
OK, who's excited for today abs who is worried it's going to be another flogging.

Hate to be the glass half empty kinda guy today, but if I am being honest I am really concerned.

I feel like we have come at the right time for Canberra.
After their pathetic performance last week they will be keen to put in a big one for ricky in Canberra.

As often happens our team will become a training run to play Canberra back into form and momentum.

I see another 40+ point thrashing.

Hope I'm wrong, but I can't see our forwards being able to contain Canberra big men.

And to rum salt into the wounds Canberra have already touched us up in lower grades.
I hope they surprise us and play well but I'm not getting my hopes up. The fans just want the season over with. It looks like the players, coaches and staff do too.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope they surprise us and play well but I'm not getting my hopes up. The fans just want the season over with. Looks like the players, coaches and staff do too.
I agree,
Soon as I heard Gus say he wanted the season to be over, I realised that is resonating throughout the entire club now.

It was clear against the knights the players were already thinking about Bali.

So very sad.
What ever happened to pride.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope they surprise us and play well but I'm not getting my hopes up. The fans just want the season over with. It looks like the players, coaches and staff do too.
NSW cup had something to play for but quite a few didnt seem to want to be there - piss poor efforts

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Fear.The.Roo if we get flogged by 40 I'd be happy considering our form line. I can't see another result today the team has made me very pessimistic

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd like the boys to just relax and play footy instead of overthinking plays. Have a go and defend and remember these are the last few weeks of the season with zero pressure on them. No one expects them to win!! So it's simple fox and burto hunt the left side with kiks Wilson and Averillo push up through the middle and turn their forwards around with quick play the ball. Who gives a fuck if you lose as no one expects you to come close to the Raiders... Enjoy your last few weeks in the NRL if your not signed to another club. Fuck the press and the haters. Make the most of today as it's not a given that you have tomorrow..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Game day bitches!! I think we're going to lose by plenty especially with Preston out but I hope I'm wrong.
Big turnout at home for their retiring hero, Jarrod Croker, the need to cement a place in the eight, and another day of referees playing to the home crowd by watching the Dogs like a hawk. We can expect to be penalised repeatedly, sin binned, and give away repeat sets, to give the Raiders a lead of 30 points by half time. All to the fanatical cheering of the home crowd - as if they've just beaten the Panthers, not the failures of the NRL.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd like the boys to just relax and play footy instead of overthinking plays. Have a go and defend and remember these are the last few weeks of the season with zero pressure on them. No one expects them to win!! So it's simple fox and burto hunt the left side with kiks Wilson and Averillo push up through the middle and turn their forwards around with quick play the ball. Who gives a fuck if you lose as no one expects you to come close to the Raiders... Enjoy your last few weeks in the NRL if your not signed to another club. Fuck the press and the haters. Make the most of today as it's not a given that you have tomorrow..
The simpe thing is:

Hold the ball
Complete our sets
Kick to make them carry the ball back from their own line.
Don't hold down in tackles
Keep them in their half, where a mistake by them is to our advantage.

In attack, look at where our players are, and where the Raiders defence is set- before we play the ball - not when it is in our hands.

Possession wins games. Look at how many tries are scored off a penalty, followed by repeat sets.

If we can get 60% of the ball, like our opponents always seem to do against us, we might (big might) not disgrace ourselves.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tevita’s been given a licence to kill, use it