Official Round 25 Raider V Bulldog Team List + Discussion

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The abc one. I just find it funny Burton cops it but seems once again our D was awesome and it’s all his fault here.

PS I haven’t watched a second of the game. No point we are shite and we lost again.
I suggest you watch it then.
Pay particular attention to Burton's line defence.

Coz he certainly doesn't!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So was in the car and listened to the game on the radio.
the radio guy awarded this 3-2-1
3 Rapana
2 Tapine
1 Burton

come on to TK to get the update and Burton in our worse 5 picks of all time. Classic Kennel
Radio do this abit to give a cookie to the losing team, their best 'stat' player gets 1 point

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If you score 3 tries and are involved in another 3 you're almost automatically MVP. Rapana's 34 and we did a disgraceful job defending him.
Pretty sure the 34yr old only scored 1 try though

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd say the time to make that kind of comment is if we lose a game by less than 6 points at which point you can claim you were dudded.

Losing by 12 or more can't be blamed at the ref all the time.
What's harder to cop is that the 12 points difference today is the Raiders biggest win of the season. They are a basket case. So what does that make us? Seriously. It was 18-18 and we fell asleep. WTF

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching our forwards today was disgusting yet again getting dominated time and time again being pushed back meters, I know a lot on here hate Parra but look at RCG and how he runs at the opposition and compare that to our useless *****, how many forwards run at the defence that hard none, our forwards jog up and get smashed back time and time again and hearing that useless so called coach praising anyone in the presser shows just how bad of a coach he is, guaranteed won't make the 8 next season and that's on the coach, I'm losing interest with league and the only thing that I enjoy about league lately is reading the kenneler's comment's and reaction's at least you get a laugh.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you score 3 tries and are involved in another 3 you're almost automatically MVP. Rapana's 34 and we did a disgraceful job defending him.
I don't understand why Rapana was on the field after he kneed Wilson, then Kickau in the back. And that was following his trip on a Warriors player last week.
Preston was binned for a mild "hip drop", and suspended. How does Rapana get away it?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching our forwards today was disgusting yet again getting dominated time and time again being pushed back meters, I know a lot on here hate Parra but look at RCG and how he runs at the opposition and compare that to our useless *****, how many forwards run at the defence that hard none, our forwards jog up and get smashed back time and time again and hearing that useless so called coach praising anyone in the presser shows just how bad of a coach he is, guaranteed won't make the 8 next season and that's on the coach, I'm losing interest with league and the only thing that I enjoy about league lately is reading the kenneler's comment's and reaction's at least you get a laugh.
I must have watched a different game.

The Bulldogs I saw yesterday were making metres in attack, getting out of our own half by the fifth tackle.
What hurt us were the usual unforced errors, gifting possession to the Raiders, and the standard refereeing where we are penalised for hold downs or inside the ten, while the opposition gets away with it. It happens to all bottom rung teams playing top sides. The six again is killing the game, making it easy for top sides to win close games.

Once again, we played with only 40% of the ball for most of the game. Pretty hard to beat a side in the top eight when they have 60% possession and a flood of repeat sets and penalties to get them into our half.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly!! To make way for a park footy winger. Unbelievable. Put Skelton there and move JAC back to his preferred side. He’s fucked
Are you talking about Wilson? The "park footy winger" who scored a try, and caught every bomb sent his way?

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There were some OK signs despite the loss. The biggest for me was King had his best game in I don’t know how long. Also thought Sexton and Edwards did well.

Our 2 biggest issues at the moment are our star five eighth and hooker are woefully out of form. I will die on the Burton is a five eighth hill. Moving him to centre would be such a backwards move. He’s young, he’ll make mistakes but let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water. He’s won us numerous games this year with his play in the halves. He’s just playing with very little confidence at the moment.

The other issue we have is our captain/on field leadership is non existent. We need someone out there who will calm the boys when we get too erratic and lose momentum, call out players when needed if they give away dumb penalties and actually know when to challenge the referee. When Wilson copped the knees from this try we should have been in the referees face about it. Problem is, there’s no one in the side who has genuine leadership qualities.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about Wilson? The "park footy winger" who scored a try, and caught every bomb sent his way?
Yeah that one the A Grade player. Catching should be mandatory for every player. So I’m not going to congratulate him on doing what he should do. Also the walk over try? I’m pretty sure a retired Hazem would’ve scored that.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We might’ve gotten some rough calls but the boys beat themselves with dumb shit decisions and stupid mistakes.

It is so sad to think how bad a player Critta will end up by the end of next year
My big fear as well.

We will be totally exposed as a failure club if that was to happen and the pressure heaped on us tenfold.