Official Round 25 Raider V Bulldog Team List + Discussion

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After watching the game

Waddell, not catching the ball, roughly, 4 minutes in cost us the game.

I'll make a thread on this to discuss :tearsofjoy:

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We play all the shit teams into form...
Burton can't tackle for shit, Waddles one of our better players, Liam Knight had a decent game. JAC...he's gone backwards since he came to us. Big mistake letting Averillo go and keeping Alamoti. FMD, we need some players that are leaders....we are a rabble and dumb players as leaders.
You nail it when you mention “leaders”.
We need a coupe of leaders, Inspirational, setting expectations & an on-field example for others to follow.
We now finally have a fair roster on the field, which should be playing at a level close to top 8. Some return on our substantial salary investment should be expected. But not even close.
Some players are a shadow of their former selves, at other clubs. As new players arrive they soon slide down to the common lower level. There does not seem to be any pride & consequences for continued mediocre effort or attitude. It has become acceptable.
CC & the team leadership group need to address this in the off season. IMO TPJ has since reacted to the lack of directive leadership, by running away.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The abc one. I just find it funny Burton cops it but seems once again our D was awesome and it’s all his fault here.

PS I haven’t watched a second of the game. No point we are shite and we lost again.
He wasn't the reason we lost, he just helped us lose lol

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arthur Laundy HAS to unload on the NRLol and highlight all the sh!t calls and p!ss poor refering we have had to endure when Sutton and Cummins ref the game and the unfair advantage that Casey Badger gifts our opponents when she is in the bunker.
I'd say the time to make that kind of comment is if we lose a game by less than 6 points at which point you can claim you were dudded.

Losing by 12 or more can't be blamed at the ref all the time.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Totally agree a real lack of self respect as a club to roll over for so long.
It's true. If Ciraldo simply called out the bad ref calls instead of rolling over, it would show me the club has a backbone. Clearly we don't. I'm still infuriated that he didn't call out the S.J obstruction along with a shit tonne of calls. If you don't defend your players or club how do you expect players to play for you?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd say the time to make that kind of comment is if we lose a game by less than 6 points at which point you can claim you were dudded.

Losing by 12 or more can't be blamed at the ref all the time.
Accepting bad ref calls is just as bad as accepting poor player performances.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would send Thompson packing.
Problem with that is there are NO decent props on the market next season, hence the one season offer.

If we lose him next season, we're totally screwed as our forward pack will be weaker than it was this season and in recent years, unless we can lure another Super League prop out here.

Agree he hasn't been anywhere near the money we've spent on him, with him being a crock (injury prone), but I will say he was a lot better today than he was last week and now that TPJ has gone he's pretty much the only option we have for next year at least.

Gus needs to sign a marquee prop for 2025 by years end.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I had my arm up blocking the sun for 65 minutes but I thought Thompson was alright? Nothing special but much better than last week?