Official Round 24 Bulldogs V Sea Eagles - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone got the presser?

I want To see if Baz has balls or is he just another bitch.
The one major thing missing at the moment for BBO is combinations. Dunno if he just hasn't had enough time with the blokes on the field with him or if he is an individualistic style player, but most of the plays in which he has stood out have been individual plays. He won't be able to really shine in first grade without forming some good combinations, regardless of whether he is playing 9, 7, or 6.
We need some stability in the spine. It's too late this year to do anything about it.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The effort and dedication is 100% there, feel sorry for the forwards bust their arse to win the battle and ground advantage, then give it straight to the fullback with no pressure whatsoever.
We need to get Noddy in or someone to teach these halves attaching game management
It's a pitty the application wasn't there early in the season when we were getting hammered weekly. They won't get anybody in because Barrett is supposedly the halves whisperer. He could get them fixed even if he shouted at them.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not much point in Baz going off in the presser. 2nd last game, we have the wooden spoon, we have be copping bad calls all year.... he needs to save his blow ups for next year when it means something. No one who watched that game can say that we didn't get some disgraceful calls which changed the game. Boys played well.
Even my mate in Queensland who is as passionate about Saints as I am about the Bulldogs, said we were screwed.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Granted the chase could be a little better but the big problem is the actual kicks. They are weak as piss I can’t believe we don’t have one player in the entire squad that can hit a bomb at a first grade standard. It doesn’t matter who kicks it but they never get enough hang time and are hit so weakly that the opposition back three catch them with ease.

I cannot wait until Burton is booting the cover off some spirals next year we have been needing a kicking game like his for years.
Yep agreed but there were certainly times when we could have at least jumped.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thankfully not as big a blowout as expected, but we deserved better from the match officials.

Period of about 5 minutes with several bad calls and a knock on given as a try and that was the game for us. We simply never recovered from it.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've forced myself to watch the last 5 games on kayo .there are some good signs there for the future.
We've been competitive but then make some basic errors or given away silly penalties then the opposition score 2 or 3 quick tries .
If BBO doesn't drop the ball off a Meaney half break who knows....would he have the pace to run around tommy turbos and score. If he did then maybe we could have won that one....

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blaming the referee every game is becoming a cop out. I know he was poor, but the reason for the loss
is the poor personnel we have in the team. Accept that.
I dont think Barrett uses the referee as a cop out because he always goes on to say that the team didnt help their own cause. What I do think is that ref bias is very real and Canterbury as a club has to address this issue and be in the NRL's face to ensure it doesn't remain in place when we have a more competitive roster. Personally if I was Barrett I would instruct Jackson to sit his players down on the pitch in protest and fuck the NRL up real good. I would then have Laundy & Co. telling the NRL that we will do the same in future weeks until they address our concerns. Fuck the NRL & fuck their refs I say.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The one major thing missing at the moment for BBO is combinations. Dunno if he just hasn't had enough time with the blokes on the field with him or if he is an individualistic style player, but most of the plays in which he has stood out have been individual plays. He won't be able to really shine in first grade without forming some good combinations, regardless of whether he is playing 9, 7, or 6.
We haven't had the same combination from one week to the next, so pretty hard for him. Maybe pairing him with Burton might be the answer, but what then happens with Flanagan?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not much point in Baz going off in the presser. 2nd last game, we have the wooden spoon, we have be copping bad calls all year.... he needs to save his blow ups for next year when it means something. No one who watched that game can say that we didn't get some disgraceful calls which changed the game. Boys played well.
Yep, no point putting an even bigger target on our back for next year,and the officiating from the weekend is going to get hammered in the press regardless of what trent says or does not say ,Robinson made sure of that.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep, no point putting an even bigger target on our back for next year,and the officiating from the weekend is going to get hammered in the press regardless of what trent says or does not say ,Robinson made sure of that.
Baz actually mentioned the Robbo presser in a interesting way, kind of managed to keep the heat on without joining in to a significant degree.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Blaming the referee every game is becoming a cop out. I know he was poor, but the reason for the loss
is the poor personnel we have in the team. Accept that.
That's obviously the problem; and we know that. I watched the Tigers/Panthers game, and I thought the Tigers were struggling in defence just as we were, but in the second half the Tigers were awarded all the penalties, and a number of repeat sets. The Panthers were lucky to get a repeat set, let alone a penalty, and I couldn't see anything different from our game where the top side had 62% possession and upward of 30 consecutive tackles on our line.

Made me wonder how we might have finished if we'd enjoyed the multiple repeats and penalties the Tigers got in the second half.

I fully expect we'll be dudded next week, if the Tigers are such a perfect side.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd go so far as to say it was one of the best performances the team has done this season. The score was no indication.
Just a shame they didn't get the win to make all their work worth something. Instead, it just gets marked down as another loss by 18 points.