Official Round 24 Bulldogs V Sea Eagles - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are lucky we have a big boot coming in Burton but the rest of these dropkicks that might be kicking in play next season need alot of catching up to do. Literally Noone in this team can put the ball high enough for anyone to put pressure on.

It's soo soo simple, when we've had a nothing doing games all year, a good kicking game can turn things around, and it's baffling to me that it seemingly has to been worked on at training, or maybe it has and these guys are just too dense, which is a big possibility...
Lewis can kick it big but Wakeham stole his spot LOL

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
at least keppie got a stat out of a game he didn't even play in.
Amateur hour at the NRLol once again. How do these fools not even know who is on the field, better yet just call them by the number so these clowns don't get confused.

Last week they confused Harris-Tevita for Walsh LOL

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reading through some of these comments, looks like Barrettsinitus is as contagious as Delta. We lost because we were not good enough, if we have to blame the ref for not winning, we didn't deserve to win at all.
We played better, we defended the best we have all season for the most part but we were not good enough pure and simple, put away the tissues and harden the fk up stop making excuses and own the performance and once we do we will improve.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I kind of want to see TBaz go off in the presser, but he probably won't and in a way it could be counter productive to do so. The officiating is under a lot of pressure at the moment, and we won't gain anything by adding to it, publicly. We are getting the spoon regardless, Robbo had a go but his team will be in the finals.

I'd rather that we stay careful publicly, but make a big fuss behind the scenes, really get stuck into the NRL for abysmal officiating at absolutely crucial moments in the game. Then during the off season also send them a review of every game in which clear obvious failures by the refs were present in our games with a clearly stated theory on why we keep copping poor decisions and keep on being on the wrong end of penalty counts.

We don't need the officials even more against us, instead lets try and do something about next season, when hopefully we will be competitive a bit more often.

But I get the anger, and why it would in some ways be nice to see Baz let loose.
They can't get any worse against us, but I would do some videos & put them on the website for fans to decide decisions & put them side by side with ones that went against us & the ones that weren't pinged against the Eagles.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A bet each way perhaps?
Well I wasn't wrong, they are shit because they didn't put 60 and needed the ref to help them. Plus I said that last Tuesday.

The 34-12 was my call at half time.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What is Biodo-Mbye's position? Is tbaz going to shuffle this guy and turn him into the new Mbye with no set position? Jack of all trades like Mbye?
don't say that. BBO has talent, all Mbye ever had was speed.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A Great game from the dogs, especially with less than 40% possession. Some notable moments.
* Stimson had his best game of the season. Was not that bad last week also..
* Wakeham. Also his best game, not perfect but better.
* Okunbor go forward.
* Kotoa, not to bad in the first half. ( can't believe I would ever say this)
NOT SO GOOD.
* difference in the game is the end of set high kicks. The Bulldogs are rarely contested. While Manly are contested each time . Just not believable that a first grade HB like flannagan does not know how t kick a ball. If you look at the angle of the ball he kicks, he will never get the ball to float or spiral.
* Schoupp. Positional in defense is vulnerable. Also runs to sideways, needs to straighten. Still has potential.
* All the 50: 50 calls go against us. Can only assume that the Ref's do not want a controversy call against a top 4 team. Besides Tom's not try, when a players has obstructed, he then can't take advantage with a long pass that sets up a try.

Really proud of the Dogs effort & against the odds.

Manly missed 1 bomb when TT let it go & It went over the dead ball line for a 7 tackle set

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
don't say that. BBO has talent, all Mbye ever had was speed.
The one major thing missing at the moment for BBO is combinations. Dunno if he just hasn't had enough time with the blokes on the field with him or if he is an individualistic style player, but most of the plays in which he has stood out have been individual plays. He won't be able to really shine in first grade without forming some good combinations, regardless of whether he is playing 9, 7, or 6.