Official Round 21 Bulldogs V Tigers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounded a bit better than last week, at least they didn't get shredded.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As an ex-coach, it's the player's fault, they are thick as clotted cream, these morons have got to be the stupidest squad I have ever seen, it would be like trying to coach a bag of sand with most of them!
But where's the discipline that a coach demands?

This rubbish is beyond explanation or consequences.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No Ball No Points. Only one person decides who gets the ball in this corrupt game. Guess who ? We get 6 agains on 1st tackle thats great at our end of the field. We get penalised and not the other team. We infringe and get punished the other team gets away with it.
Fair share of the ball will not happen for our boys even if they were mistake free
Hopefully next year we get treated fairly at trying to win a game
It would obviously help, but u really think we’d put any points on. No matter how much ball we got, we’d kick it dead on tackle 4, if we held it that long

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't get to see the game (or hear it) but from the comments I have been reading in here I'm glad I missed it. Everyone in here needs to take a chill pill and calm down a bit, FMD wishing for Skellator to come and take over is a definite over-reaction. One just needs to take a look at whats happening to understand the situation. Firstly there are several players that wont be with us next year and they are just not interested enough to give a fvck and the sad thing is we have to play them otherwise we don't field a team at all. Then we have a lot of green players that really should be playing reggies and being slowly blooded into the fg side but due to unfortunate circumstances have been thrown into the deep end and are barely treading water. Then there is the coach, who by the way is being mercilessly torn to shreds by the pitchfork wielding mob in here, just remember if a player doesn't want to be coached JC himself wont get anything out of them. So yeah we have the weakest Bulldogs side I have ever seen but I believe that is not by choice, we are just digging out way out of being buried alive by the three stooges from a previous regeme. Now take that and add an almost deliberate effort from the NRLs own game officials to openly disadvantage us every game and unfairly target some of our players and that is where we are at the moment. My personal opinion is the person you should be getting rid of is not Trent Barrett but Peter V'landys.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't get to see the game (or hear it) but from the comments I have been reading in here I'm glad I missed it. Everyone in here needs to take a chill pill and calm down a bit, FMD wishing for Skellator to come and take over is a definite over-reaction. One just needs to take a look at whats happening to understand the situation. Firstly there are several players that wont be with us next year and they are just not interested enough to give a fvck and the sad thing is we have to play them otherwise we don't field a team at all. Then we have a lot of green players that really should be playing reggies and being slowly blooded into the fg side but due to unfortunate circumstances have been thrown into the deep end and are barely treading water. Then there is the coach, who by the way is being mercilessly torn to shreds by the pitchfork wielding mob in here, just remember if a player doesn't want to be coached JC himself wont get anything out of them. So yeah we have the weakest Bulldogs side I have ever seen but I believe that is not by choice, we are just digging out way out of being buried alive by the three stooges from a previous regeme. Now take that and add an almost deliberate effort from the NRLs own game officials to openly disadvantage us every game and unfairly target some of our players and that is where we are at the moment. My personal opinion is the person you should be getting rid of is not Trent Barrett but Peter V'landys.
Good general summary of the situation we're in.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Andrew Ryan? Was he even a noted ball player? 94 pack had 5 genuine ball players Dymock, J.Smith, Pay, Bella and Britt. Put josh Jackson a decent pack and he would be a rep player every day of the week. He’s only doing the first receiver stuff because we are so lacking of a genuine ball player whilst Averillo and Bbo are so inexperienced.
Set up two tries in the Grand Final lol

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But where's the discipline that a coach demands?

This rubbish is beyond explanation or consequences.
Most of them are obviously not capable of comprehending basic instruction and have little self-control or discipline and what's makes things worse is that they seem to have no leadership on the field.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They aren't quite that bad, but a number of them just aren't FG standard. Some of them may become so, but aren't yet. Our biggest issue has been not enough FG players in our FG side.
Yes definarly.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like most also think the boys are undisciplined in fact they piss me off at times with the dumb errors and decisions but its past that now its too obvious for me as we cop it but other teams get away with it. Just want them to get s fair go
Yup I hear you, but they put themselves in the position where the ref has little choice.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
As an ex-coach, it's the player's fault, they are thick as clotted cream, these morons have got to be the stupidest squad I have ever seen, it would be like trying to coach a bag of sand with most of them!
So how do you explain this;
Hetherington has been put on report 6 times this season without being charged. So do you think he is being pre-judged?
That's 6 times the NRL Judiciary has found that the ref got it wrong. That's not us, biased Bulldogs supporters, that's the NRL's own judge, jury and executioner finding that the ref got it wrong.

I think most of us understand that we aren't angles, we do commit offences that deserve to be penalised, but FMD it's ridiculously over the top how much we are mercilessly picked on in every game. Yesterday's game STARTED with 2 penalties and a set restart, the first set restart 1 minute and 52 seconds into the game and the first penalty less than 1 minute later. I'll leave with this, admittedly not a perfect indicator but relevant none the less, our average pay the ball speed was 3.52 secs, their's 3.40 secs and yet we get picked on for slowing down the play the ball.

Always a Bulldog

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how do you explain this;

That's 6 times the NRL Judiciary has found that the ref got it wrong. That's not us, biased Bulldogs supporters, that's the NRL's own judge, jury and executioner finding that the ref got it wrong.

I think most of us understand that we aren't angles, we do commit offences that deserve to be penalised, but FMD it's ridiculously over the top how much we are mercilessly picked on in every game. Yesterday's game STARTED with 2 penalties and a set restart, the first set restart 1 minute and 52 seconds into the game and the first penalty less than 1 minute later. I'll leave with this, admittedly not a perfect indicator but relevant none the less, our average pay the ball speed was 3.52 secs, their's 3.40 secs and yet we get picked on for slowing down the play the ball.

Always a Bulldog
Simple explanation, If we had only a few players who were undisciplined things would even out and not be so bad, as it is we have far too many undisciplined knuckleheads in the team.

Also, kudos to you for the great stat keeping, I hope you pass it on to the club so they can wave it under the nose of the refs and ask for an explanation.
(They will probably come back with what I have been saying, "Look Baz, you got too many knuckleheads in the team who are letting your side down.")

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Simple explanation, If we had only a few players who were undisciplined things would even out and not be so bad, as it is we have far too many undisciplined knuckleheads in the team.
Barrett, in the press conference, very gently pointed out that Hetherington has been "reported" 6 times by the refs and the NRL Judiciary has basically found him innocent every time. Is that undisciplined behaviour by Hetherington? Far more likely, based on the facts, to be proof positive of the ref's undue prejudice. They are demonstrably displaying expectation bias, that Hetherington will commit a reportable offence, it is there before they walk on the field. They are plainly looking for something, anything, that remotely confirms their expectations and then respond accordingly.

As supporters of course we are biased, but the NRL Judiciary isn't, or if they are it's against us not for us. The judges have ruled that the refs got it wrong 6 times, against one player, that's pretty strong evidence that the refs are prejudiced, whether it's against us or just Hetherington is the only debate.

Always a Bulldog

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Can we do these stat summaries across all bottom teams for the past several years - then we will know whether it is typical for struggling teams with low skills and high error rate will fatigue and their poor discipline will increase. So it ends up being a downward spiral compounding into these sorts of stats.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
This ^^^ !!!!!!
Why ?????
I think they are trying to ease him into the role - his first time in first grade in that position - they tried to give Averillo the main pressure while he gets used to it. It was frustrating to watch the ball go in the opposite direction 90% of the time - that was way too much, regardless.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can we do these stat summaries across all bottom teams for the past several years - then we will know whether it is typical for struggling teams with low skills and high error rate will fatigue and their poor discipline will increase. So it ends up being a downward spiral compounding into these sorts of stats.
If you have the time you can get penalties here:

https://afltables.com/rl/seas/season_idx.html or nrl.com

& the set re-starts at nrl.com or https://www.foxsports.com.au/score-centre/