Official Round 21 Bulldogs V Tigers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You pick out the one bad thing hahah. Trust

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it’s time Tbaz just gives up on Averillo ever being that dominant half everyone can see it’s not working. It may have been a bit much for BBO considering it’s his first starting game so maybe we might see it in one of the later games?

All the other changes have been tried one way or another through out the season and I don’t think will make much of a difference. At least BBO is something exciting to see.
I can only imagine he switched that up to put the responsibility of steering the side around to Averilo. Not because he is a better 7.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Baz we need to trust. Im sure there are reason the selections were made last week, and now we get a look at BBO as a lot of us had hoped. Grear news

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BBO in the halves is the best selection TB has made all year....
Looks like Gus has seen enough of Flanagan and the tree to realise they aren't up to it.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fucks sake katoa :tired: hopefully topine comes in for him.

Bit slack on flanno. He comes back in when dogs are missing their 2 starting props. But showed nothing at all yesterday I guess. And his defence was woeful.

Good to see BBO get a run in the halves. I would have left him out there after cleared cleared his HIA. Funny that in limited mins he scored a try and got 2 6 agains (ok the second one wasn’t the best play with 2 mins to go, but the first one was an excellent kick and chase).

We are still heavy underdogs without thompson. Especially when it means hetheringhton and Napa have to “carry” his load.

I honestly think Barrett has lost it. I guess you can’t change a winning team, but he is going so far the other way it’s almost like musical chairs :p

Manu should never have been removed from the team. Played with heart in the few games he played. For being 1/4 of the size of okunbor he did have a lot more impact then him (even though he was getting smashed every time he ran the ball :p )

wonder if there are any regrets with the Jayden and tui extensions? Or where they always reserve grade signings and just incase players?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okonbur and Flanagan had to go but I really don’t get the need for Katoa to be bought back again. That’s the perfect spot for Topine.
I would have liked to see Deitz at 14 to give us another player who can dart out of dummy half if the opposition markers are lazy

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm fucked if i know what everyone sees in Topine. He has done fuckall everytime he has played. Love his attitude though, he will develop into something, but gees, i aint seen anything worth raving on about

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm fucked if i know what everyone sees in Topine. He has done fuckall everytime he has played. Love his attitude though, he will develop into something, but gees, i aint seen anything worth raving on about
The problem is more so picking Katoa over him who's a massive liability (lazy, forward passes, miss tackles, penalties, 6 agains, etc) and doesn't give a F, basing it off his actions. Topine's attitude alone deserves a spot over Katoa.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's done fuck all but you love his attitude?

Must've done something right then

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No lower grade footy has hurt Topine, like you said he lacks size and needed to condition himself in reserve grade for a year or two while making a couple of appearances in firstgrade. Same can be said for a lot of kids though. I'll be pretty disappointed if Topine doesn't make it, haven't had a kid at the club that I've wanted to succeed as much as him for a while.
He could be the one work horse forward every team needs but will be stuck behind Jackson for the next two years. For the time being, we need to come to the realisation that he’s a depth player only. Need to prioritise the more bigger damaging forwards which we have lacked for many years.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem is more so picking Katoa over him who's a massive liability (lazy, forward passes, miss tackles, penalties, 6 agains, etc) and doesn't give a F, basing it off his actions. Topine's attitude alone deserves a spot over Katoa.
We need to carry someone who can play 9 on the bench. Katoa is a poor 9, Topine is worse. Not sure it is good to play Topine in a position he is unsuited to. Wont help his development. The problem I see for topine is it is difficult to play Elliot, Jackson and Topine in the same 17. They are too similar. Our forward pack is too small already

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not the biggest fan of starting BBO, but at least it is against a bottom 8 team.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need to carry someone who can play 9 on the bench. Katoa is a poor 9, Topine is worse. Not sure it is good to play Topine in a position he is unsuited to. Wont help his development. The problem I see for topine is it is difficult to play Elliot, Jackson and Topine in the same 17. They are too similar. Our forward pack is too small already
I think Topine is a better 9 than Katoa personally so I don't see it that way. Katoa's one of the worst things I've ever seen with my eyes. No reserve grade + no footy isn't helping Topine's development. His biggest chance of getting a position in our team is a similar role to what B. Smith was playing at the Storm - lock/hooker off the bench.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Finally some hard decisions on dropping fukin shitbags. Club probably forced Tbaz to do it as they are coping it in every possible direction on Social media.
If the club starts reacting to fan directives about the team they are truly screwed...

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Topine is a better 9 than Katoa personally so I don't see it that way. Katoa's one of the worst things I've ever seen with my eyes.
Disagree bro. Topine is much better defensively and effort areas but his pass is very ordinary. I don't think he is a 9 at all.