Round 20 - Bulldogs vs Tigers - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay has just sucked the life out of my enjoyment by continually picking duds like lichha,eastwood and priest
Some agree with you. But just who would you have in their place. Pay has to work with what hes got. And thats not much.
Too'maga isnt good enough. Burr isnt showing enough. Taulau isnt good enough. Can I go on.
Chris Smith is showing a bit of promise but maybe needs a few more games to be NRL ready.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Before the start of the season I would have bet my left nut we would have finished in front of West fucking Tigers..
How one eyed / delusional was I.
No illusions about next season especially when I'm pretty sure Michael Lichaa will be our starting 9 again.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before the start of the season I would have bet my left nut we would have finished in front of West fucking Tigers..
Not illusions about next season especially when I'm pretty sure Michael Lichaa will be our starting 9 again.
Well Pay is the coach who picked him again, does he coach him to pass or run?
Does he have a kicking game?
Does he have a sidestep?
Does he have a fend and offload?
Can he dummy?
Players have have options, our predictability is killing us.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well Pay is the coach who picked him again, does he coach him to pass or run?
Does he have a kicking game?
Does he have a sidestep?
Does he have a fend and offload?
Can he dummy?
Players have have options, our predictability is killing us.
No to all those questions.
What I hear & fear is that he is getting paid too much next season to get picked in ISP.
So they will try and make it work.
But of course will be more of the same

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some agree with you. But just who would you have in their place. Pay has to work with what hes got. And thats not much.
Too'maga isnt good enough. Burr isnt showing enough. Taulau isnt good enough. Can I go on.
Chris Smith is showing a bit of promise but maybe needs a few more games to be NRL ready.
generally, i find myself on your side of the fence

but no one could possibly defend Eastwood's selection these days, still has good hands for a big man but heis literally buggered after 5 minutes and the side is just clearly worse when he is out there. priest is a bit meh but i can live with him getting picked, eastwood should not be in first grade, love what he has done for us in the past but his time in first grade should end, give him a round 25 farewell if you want but let him play ressies till then

Re adam elliot

my observations:

agree, shouldn't be in a leadership group at this stage especially when still have plenty of experienced players(tolman, jacko, klem, hoppa, morris boys, foz etc)

i gotta admit, i think he has been slightly better then some give him credit for, not exactly lighting the world on fire, but looks like a borderline first grader and we only have several actual first graders lol. ideally he'd be fighting for a bench spot but on our team, he is like our 3rd best middle, its pretty yuck but i do think his contact has been more consistent defensively (ditto RFM when he was fit, both had issues with dropping off to often).

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think most people thought the same way.

With Pay saying how great they were in the off season.

Thing is, Pay didn't factor in that during the season there would be opposition players on the field.

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think most people thought the same way.

Will Pay saying how great they were in the off season.

Thing is, Pay didn't factor in that during the season there would be opposition players on the field.
what he didn't factor in, is that his 3 highest paid/profile players would not see out the season .. take brisbanes 3 highest paid/profile players away and see what happens .. actually just take away milford .. that should do it..

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Firstly, the season is gone so it doesn't matter.

Now what chance do we have getting rid of Lichaa if he's playing in ISP? Nil.

If, and I say IF by any chance another club may be interested they want a player playing NRL not ISP. Sometimes there are reasons behind selections and non selections that we are not aware of so the Lichaa bashing is getting so old it's boring.
Lol at anyone wanting lichaa I get your point but t we are the only club dumb enough to sign him

And I was one of those fooled by his late run last year

Maybe another run in the last 3 games this year?

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you will find that Lichaa signed end of last year for 2yrs with the 2nd year in the clubs favour if they want to re-sign him. We are stuck with him this year but it's up to the club for next year.
I remember this cause I wasn't sold on his last 3 games and when they announced it, thought that it was a good thing.
You are correct and I'm pretty sure a journo asked him about next year and lichaas response was along the lines of just want to finish the year strong and deal with it in November

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to ruin any chance they have of making the 8 and wipe that grin off mybe's face
Same here but we have a horrendous record when we come up against big name former players for the first time.
We've lost our first game against:
mason
sbw
barba
ennis
reynolds
graham

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Only chance of us winning is if we dominate their forwards for large chunks of the game like we did against the Knights.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely it's a Gee up if farrah plays he got stretchered off FFS and looked totally out of it
He will have to pass a concussion test where they test him compared to his scores at the start of the year

He is coming off a low base so no doubts he will pass

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got this..........great work...

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/07/24/round-20-match-day-information/

Get ready for a Friday night blockbuster on July 27th, as the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs take on the Wests Tigers.

There is much more than two points on the line, who will go home with the bragging rights?

Reciprocal rights are in play, get out to ANZ Stadium and get the Bulldogs across the line!

ACTIVATIONS:

• T-shirt gun
• $40 family ticket offer
• FREE trains to ANZ Stadium
• Brydens- giveaways
• KIA photo booth
• 1000 Wicked sister desserts with a cold coin donation to white ribbon
• White ribbon Stall at Aisle at 132
• McDonalds Face Painting
• Special ANZ Stadium meal deals, including $9.90 kids meals and $3.50 soft drinks.

SUPPORTER BUS:

Ride in with fellow fans on our Supporters Bus – a reliable, prompt and hassle free way to get to and from ANZ Stadium.

Buses will leave outside The Lakemba Club from 6.15pm on Friday July 27th with the last bus departing at 6.55pm at the direction of Security, before making their way to ANZ Stadium.

Buses will return to The Lakemba Club and make a trip to Canterbury after the game (due to on-going construction, no buses will depart from Canterbury).

There is only one game being played at ANZ Stadium on Thursday night.

Cost:

• Adults: $10 return
• Concession/Child: $5 return
• Free travel for Bulldogs Season Ticket Holders (must have Bus endorsement on Season pass)

KEY TIMES:

Gates: 6.30pm
Activation Zone: 6.30pm
Pre-game Entertainment: 7.29pm
NRL kick-off: 7.59pm

IMPORTANT MEMBER INFORMATION!

To show our appreciation to our first, second, fifth and ten year members, please visit us on Game Day at our Membership Huts at Aisles 127 and 104 prior to halftime to collect your commemorative loyalty certificate and keyrings!

• First Year Members receive a Certificate of Appreciation
• Second and Fifth Year Members receive a Certificate of Appreciation and a commemorative keyring
• Ten Year Members receive a Certificate of Appreciation and a commemorative Lapel Pin

In addition to this, all our first year members are invited to face attend an exclusive pre-match function at our clash against the New Zealand Warriors on Sunday 19th of August at Club 18 from 12:00pm.

If you wish to attend please RSVP to members@bulldogs.com.au with your name and 2018 Members number.

Reminder: Our ten year member event will be held at Reading Cinemas, Auburn. If you are yet to RSVP, please email members@bulldogs.com.au as soon as possible.
I was just checking out the clubs Gameday promo chart
10 bucks for a kids meal !
It’s time for the Madness ,I’ve had enough for this year thx
Activation zone,is that for us or the players
The only thing that I like is the chick,she has a nice stance

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe Woolford is being kept in ISP as they are a chance of a finals finish. Woolford will be given a good off season, and he will launch next year.
Lichaa will probably decide to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.