Official Round 2 vs Storm Match Discussion

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watch the game again, Burtons passes either hit the ground or behind players, a half he's not, he's purely a runner and kicker, can't run and pass. The Gun delivered 2 good passes in try scoring movements on the edges. Don't let your hate for the Gun get in the way when the truth shows something completely different. That's the science of the matter. Your hypothesis, Burton good Gun bad is not proved by observable facts. Then again you probably also believe that anthropogenic climate change is the biggest existential threat to humanity as well, despite observable facts proving otherwise.
Thats 30 seconds of my life I won’t get back. I love it when someone tells me what I should see even though I have had 2 years of watching the same garbage from the same player.

I was actually happy when we signed Flange as he appeared to look ok in a superstar Rooster side, but he has proved time and again over the last 2 years he is a myth, and so is your opinion of him.

Burton has actual ability and talent so I am happy to wait for him to develop.

But thanks for your opinion though.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Perham was a fucking beast. Beat the first defender nearly every time. Not much talk about him but I was impressed.
Does anyone else have Talau vibes around Alomoti. Fucking stocky, powerful but good footwork. He should become a huge weapon for us once he gets a few more games under his belt. Like, imagine him up against a shitty defender (2nd rower defending in the centre). He could go large or put on a fuckload of tries, getting his arm free for the Foxx.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The best part of the win was the performance of the players much maligned by the kennel.
Flanagan, Perham, Waddell, all played their part.
Flanagan was meh.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ciraldo is a smart fucker. He would've seen:
* Waddle being a 4th tackle settler hog, he will tell him to let the ball get out to the strike players, you are for grunt work early in the sets ONLY.
* Flanno, stop being a momentum killer with your shitty running to the line, you never beat anyone because you run in slow motion. Defend and distribute the ball which is within your skill set (until Karl is ready to take your place). Still can't believe he fucked that Avo try :-(
* Pele, you are a fucking steamroller with ball in hand. So you will be doing fitness for 90% of our training sessions and you will be an animal off the bench

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
watched the replay last night when i got home, what a turn around in 7 days, very fast free flowing footy, game did change when asofa solomona came on, we looked very impressive against a lack luster storm team
overall was so entertaining to watch

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I like the fact we now have more players we can actually connect with and rely on i.e Fox, King, Kiraz, Preston, Mahoney and RFM to an extent.

Hopefully Burton and Kikau keep finding their feet in this team as well.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of particular players Flanagan, averillo Waddell but everyone played their role last night. Not perfectly, but assignments were completed with pass marks.
Our back 5 all played well and got us on the front foot each time.
Perham looked like he could make a decent fist of the fullback gig

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo is a smart fucker. He would've seen:
* Waddle being a 4th tackle settler hog, he will tell him to let the ball get out to the strike players, you are for grunt work early in the sets ONLY.
* Flanno, stop being a momentum killer with your shitty running to the line, you never beat anyone because you run in slow motion. Defend and distribute the ball which is within your skill set (until Karl is ready to take your place). Still can't believe he fucked that Avo try :-(
* Pele, you are a fucking steamroller with ball in hand. So you will be doing fitness for 90% of our training sessions and you will be an animal off the bench
Got rag dolled by Nelson trying to take a scoot from dummy half because he’s so slow!! Lmao he’s shit with oloapu playing yesterday we win by 40 easily or any other decent half

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Perham was a fucking beast. Beat the first defender nearly every time. Not much talk about him but I was impressed.
Does anyone else have Talau vibes around Alomoti. Fucking stocky, powerful but good footwork. He should become a huge weapon for us once he gets a few more games under his belt. Like, imagine him up against a shitty defender (2nd rower defending in the centre). He could go large or put on a fuckload of tries, getting his arm free for the Foxx.
He's a flat foot attacker who steps at the line which isn't easy to do. He'll only get better.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just watched the game again and really noticed Perhams effort. Way more involved, and he looks physically strong. He surprised me.
He wasnt that bad last week I thought behind a team that performed poorly.
Hasnt dropped a ball or made critical errors.
If players improve as the weeks go by I think thats all that can be asked from them.
Ill re watch the game latter today, was a bit tense there last night during the second half :tearsofjoy:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Everyone had eyes on our left edge. Our right edge is out playing them big time
Thats a good thing. You add Karl nek year with his better ball playing and running game than Flanno then we have genuine options on both sides for attack. I’m finding it hard to fit Xerri in this tbh

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Perham fires this season, he was great last night. What a crazy position to be in next year with outside backs.

Foxx, Kiraz, Perham, Alamoti, Averillo, Skelton then add Critta and Xerri.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tbh first half was solid , second half we were woeful . We have no game management or control at all . Halves were horrible both of them .

Our back 5 were sensational