Official Round 2 vs Broncos Match Discussion

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pretty gutted with result. The burns strip leading to Farnsworth try changed the game and not much of this negative narrative would exist if we hold on to win.
Yes, okunbor was a defensive liability but not solely to blame for a narrow defeat.
BBO comes on for Marshall King who was killing it but Averillo stays on and kept being pedestrian in attack.
We have improved - and hopefully will continue to do so - but we are not a top 8 team this year.
Those who thought the team we have this season can improve from 3 wins to 12 or 13 are wide eyed optimists.
My Mrs is a meeeenly fan and already giving it to me about last years result so next Sunday we better fucking win and that starts by scoring more than 10 points!
Come on dogs !!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We didn’t finish, but never had the chance to. Especially after jmk scored, dreads cost Us the first try when oats Went over, he was a sitting duck and can’t turn quick enough. He blew it. He needs to go.
I agree Okunbor was horrible, Naden should replace him with Burns shifting to left centre

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
What shits me is we still don't know how to utilise lead runners properly, nor do we run against the grain.

Even Mr. Magoo can see our plays coming.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We still lack the polish to finish off a lot of opportunities but we will get there.
A lot better than last week.
Extremely unlucky… Broncs first try off a lucky kick then the strip that was almost held I thought.
Love the work from our forwards also think we played our best footy with Jackson off the field, sad to say.
Not a fan of Biondi off the bench tbh, yes he was exciting but he made some costly errors from hooker.. passes not out front or just too far from hooker. I dunno if he’s a good option long term.
Max King is a fucking beast. Offload machine.
I really enjoy led this game. We were in the contest and everyone keeps turning up. Hope we continue to improve from here
I thought the Broncos "knock back" call was a knock on. But that wasn't to blame for the loss. Hope Okunturd isn't picked again

Malla

Reaction score
I cant believe how much people are losing their heads over it haha
Can’t be mad at them, it’s been a while since we actually had a competitive team.
but they have to understand you don’t just click your fingers and things work out for ya lol takes time

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That’s gotta be the best game Waddell has played for us. Thought the team played well today too. Should’ve put on more points in the first half and add a bit more variation in attack. Otherwise they’ll shut burton down early and doggies will struggle
When Waddell doesn't drop the ball or give away stupid penalties he is a pretty solid player. One of our best for the past 2 weeks

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Waddell doesn't drop the ball or give away stupid penalties he is a pretty solid player. One of our best for the past 2 weeks
I’ve said it before he is picked because he is an athlete and it’s his IQ that lets him down along with his handling.
He was error free tonight and easily one of the best on ground. Hopefully a sign of things to come as the Waddell that turned up tonight is an asset.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Two bullshit tries from the donkeys. Burns was obstructed, the guy ran on his outside shoulder, no way in hell was Burns gonna travel across to help Okunbor because of the donkey player in the way. And the strip, the ball was stripped while Burns was on the ground, when is a player held?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Positives...
Dufty - how nice is it to finally have a fullback with speed and creativity.
Burton - great kicking game that's always putting the opposition under pressure.
Defence - looks alot better than last year but in saying that we've only played the Cowboys and Broncos.
Negatives...
Averillo - terrible halfback, this stupid experiment needs to end. He Could offer so much more to the team in other positions.
Okunbor - don't even need to comment, the guys a shit footballer.
Jackson - well past it, slow, gets in the way and offers nothing to the team these days.
The entire backrow - Hetherington, Waddell and Jackson have to be the worst backrow in the comp, none of them threaten the line or create overlaps by warranting a double team by the defence.
Points - for whatever reason we still struggle to score points and look clueless on the opposition's try line.

Karl

Waterboy
Reaction score
I am trying to be very positive, but stats tell me otherwise. HOW do you lose a game with these stats:
- 60% POSSESSION
- 20 OFFLOADS
- TOTAL RUNS: 224 (US) to 121
- 1878 TOTAL RUNS to 1363
- TOTAL TACKLES: 312 (US) to 421

We should have won comfortably.
Very disappointing.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I feel empty, i was so happy when JMK crossed over. We would of won this game if okunbor didn’t play, he caused all the tries, fuck him, i hope he fucking never gets picked again. I’m so mad. We had that game and we would of been 2-0 :confused:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am trying to be very positive, but stats tell me otherwise. HOW do you lose a game with these stats:
- 60% POSSESSION
- 20 OFFLOADS
- TOTAL RUNS: 224 (US) to 121
- 1878 TOTAL RUNS to 1363
- TOTAL TACKLES: 312 (US) to 421

We should have won comfortably.
Very disappointing.
We butchered a lot of opportunities. But if we continue in this manner with those stats it won’t be long before the flood gates open. There’s a lot of strike buried underneath, but the chemistry isn’t quite there yet.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great signs tonight, unlucky not to win. If we converted half the chances we had we would have won comfortably

We are definitely a work in progress and are showing some positive signs. Hopefully in 8 to 10 weeks we will look more cohesive and fluent in attack as all our new players get used to each other.

Forwards were strong tonight, Waddell and King especially and JMK was good. JMK is solid but he is not your "main" guy at 9. We have that covered next year with Mahoney coming

Okenbur out and Allen in when fit. Later in the year hopefully Alamoti, if fit and ready, can force his way into the team and Naden and Burns can fight out the other centre spot. Naden is playing more like a winger anyway doing plenty of hitups etc.

7 is a problem. Avo not showing any progression, just the same stuff each game. I'd give him a couple more games and if no improvement give Wakeham 6 games to prove himself. IF........ neither cement the position some tough decisions need to be made

One scenario I would be looking at for next year would be to move on Wakeham and Flanno and going after Chanel Tevita Harris as our 7. I'd also be promoting Rajeb to the top 30. Tevita Harris is available, is a better defender, kicker and ball player than Avo and has some spark in attack. Wouldn't cost a fortune either

Avo could be a problem. If he doesn't succeed at half I thought he would make a good centre but his lack of physicality worries me, compared to other young centres like Staggs, Bradmen Best, Timoko from Canberra, Tago from Penrith etc are all very physical. Not sure Avo can match that

Anyway it's good to see our team competing and improving. Losing sux, but when we are competing like we have the past 2 weeks, we are definitely on the improve

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love love loved the effort tonight.

Hate Hate hate Okunbors defence on the right wing.

And I still can't work out Why In The Hell do we not have any attacking set plays 20m out from the line. WTF

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what happened to Isaac LumeLume, and why haven't we got someone to replace Okunbor on the wing, surely SCHOUPP would make a better winger, and where's Corey Allan?
Lume lume not in top 30 Allan hamstring injury

WestenBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Anything less than a premiership is unacceptable. Forget the rebuilding etc and other excuses.
Play to win!