Official Round 2 vs Broncos Match Discussion

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would but my wife and my 7 Ukrainian side actions might get upset. There is only so much Doogie to spread around....
7 on the side. That’s gotta be some kind of record!! Lol

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How about last season? He’s a halfback and his clearing kicks would travel 20m. The opposition would return the ball on the first tackle close to if not in our half. I was a fan before, but in his 20 or so starting first grade appearances he has shown nothing to show me that he is a first grader
Last season he played 6 and was camped out on an edge. It's true he hasn't got a great long kicking game or even a running game, but Burton alleviates both those things.

He doesn't need to be out long term 7 but he's pretty obviously the best man for the job right now

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely okunbor gets dropped. He needs sprint training. Deadset is running on a treadmill sometimes.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Listening to Baz in the presser he is going to pick the same 17

He even excused the try from the scrum

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed the game live but just saw a replay.
Disappointing not getting the win -especially being the better overall side.
Still feel our problem is attack. Defence not the best but its holding up sufficiently enough.

There are good signs. Both teams improved remarkably.

We can point the finger on defensive woes but if you only score 1 and 2 tries in 2 ganes, thats your problrm right there. Conditions weren't tough yesterday.

Need to get to 5 tries per game. Anything less and it will become a blame-a-thon on who lets in the try.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This year will be a real roller-coaster.
We will look half decent 1 week and back to schoolboy errors or dumb play the next.

By end of year, we should have reduced this unpredictability a fair bit, and next year we should be a stable and dependable team.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listening to Baz in the presser he is going to pick the same 17

He even excused the try from the scrum
I heard. He’s not a fucken coach if he’s gonna make excuses as to why we lost. When I’m reality we shouldn’t have been in those positions to lose in the first olace

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Missed the game buy watched the replay Okunballs let in 3 tries typical flop

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Annesley covering arse again, fark off, the contact was sufficient to prevent Burns from sliding and it was sufficient enough to twist his upper torso away from the line he would have needed to run. Barrett was spot on, Burns should have taken a dive and then we get a penalty every time.

Always a Bulldog

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Annesley covering arse again, fark off, the contact was sufficient to prevent Burns from sliding and it was sufficient enough to twist his upper torso away from the line he would have needed to run. Barrett was spot on, Burns should have taken a dive and then we get a penalty every time.

Always a Bulldog
Burns should have milked it better. The decoy was on his outside shoulder, all he had to do was make contact then fall over and it would have never been awarded.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
exactly, penalty every time, this was not Okunbur fault, but the negativity on here refuse to see this, same as the strip, not his fault, he basically stopped like everyone else. Yes he should have played to the whistle but not his fault.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished watching the match again and we played well. Lots better than we did last year - don't remember even a winning performance better than our loss to the Broncos. We looked dangerous and played the better team for the majority of the game. Two tries should / could have been disallowed and only needed a few of our chances turn into tries. Confident against eagles we can get job done.

Buy of the season...Addo Carr. Bringing on field culture to the team. A never give up attitude. A team first attitude. A winning culture. Love his leadership. Something I wasn't expecting.