Round 2: Dogs vs Panthers Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I ran out of internet data with 12 minutes to go but I thought we were likely to storm home. The panthers looked dead in the water. Couldn't buy a fair call from the ref. Called him all sorts of asshole during the most 12 minutes.

It was a sloppy sin and we had to beat the regs so it will go n down as one of my favourite winds for ba while. Heart attack material, but these wind build self belief in the team.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
best part of the night was watching Soward sulk lol
I have a feeling some screen shots of him sulking after the loss may be added to the Soward photoshop thread. Would like to see Korrmatta's commentary where he laughs at this muppet after the conversion. It's already out my bad funny vid check out his thread the laughs continue

Last edited:

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
every time Penrith had the ball I had to mute the tv and try not to look until we had the ball again

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did someone really have a go at reynolds or mbye? I missed it. Thats very lol. Reynolds killed it and was full of heart to play on after that hit, and be the spark in the 2nd try we scored. And Mbye was man of the match. Both of them are in my 3-2-1. Nobody can bag our halves lol.
Reynolds killed it? Hahaha. Far from it.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Something else to take away from this game, with less possession and more tackles, and essentially minus 2 forwards (Tolman 18 minutes, Elliott 0), our boys finished the game with more in the tank. Panthers were spent in the last 5 minutes.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
happy with the win but this running on the last every time has to go put in a grubber or something
When they interviews des after the game on triple m he said that was a tactic they are trying to use so as to not give a 7 tackle set of they kicked it dead
Take it as u may

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don't worry Marley
This guy lives in fantasy land where all our players can never do anything wrong
Im not gunna bag him atm, already said enough about Reynolds lol. But to say he killed it and was in out top 3 players? I just can't help but bite haha

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reynolds himself said on ch 9 that he had a bad game. A couple of his kicks he'd like back, and a few passes he gave/received didn't go to plan. Having said that, he backed up Jackson for an important break up field, and made some important tackles even after he got smashed in the kidneys. He was an important part of the kick chase all game.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We grounded out a win tonight with a good attitude that builds strength in a side no one played badly although pressure caused us to make mistakes. Poor Garvey was targeted and I think he will be will improve from the experience. people was expecting him to be as good as Cam Smith straight up. We won with our defence and Garvey made 60+ tackles so give him a break. Thought we were in with a real chance when the Panthers decided to kick the goal instead of going for the try. They only scored 2 points in 60 mins of football.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how that second panthers try was allowed? Not taking the piss, did I miss something - seemed like a genuine double movement

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how that second panthers try was allowed? Not taking the piss, did I miss something - seemed like a genuine double movement
he sure seemed to take a week to get it down. When is held, held? Was def 50/50 at best that one. Lucky it didnt matter. In fact im glad they got it, and we still won.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Easy try, he was over the line and he grounded it. Ref never called held up. Eastwood was very lazy there, he was just leaning over touching the blokes hand, could have easily prevented it.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Easy try, he was over the line and he grounded it. Ref never called held up. Eastwood was very lazy there, he was just leaning over touching the blokes hand, could have easily prevented it.
Wasn't the tackle complete and he "advanced" the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.