Round 2: Dogs vs Panthers Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He had his ball carrying arm touch the ground elbow first with a hand on him, is that what a completed tackle is set as?
As far as double movement goes, yes, that was my understanding

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When they interviews des after the game on triple m he said that was a tactic they are trying to use so as to not give a 7 tackle set of they kicked it dead
Take it as u may
I heard that too.
Personally I don't agree with giving away attacking opportunities

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
He had his ball carrying arm touch the ground elbow first with a hand on him, is that what a completed tackle is set as?
That's what I thought right there??

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's what I thought right there??
That's what I saw in the replay then he went ground it with a second attempt with no momentum, I thought it was a tough call to take.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I heard that too.
Personally I don't agree with giving away attacking opportunities
Agree - that was shitting me, why can't we back our kickers (other than Reynolds) to be good enough to get a repeat set, look at what happened when Mybe did exactly that at the end of the game....

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I always understood if the ball carrying arm touches the ground, lifting it back to promote or move the ball was a double movement, his elbow touched the ground and he lifted it to move the ball to the ground, so..... don't know.

Guess in fairness, that one is fair enough to be a 50/50 call, it was marginal, elbow only briefly touched and it was grounded pretty quick, I wouldn't be happy if it was a no try call on us in the same situation (and maybe a whisper to Tolman, don't get caught out at marker slightly on our goal line protesting to the ref later in the season)

Status
Not open for further replies.