Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dean pay in the presser reckons we are a young team and we need to be build so we can match with the best of them. Fucking lol
He's right. We need to build a new team. How long have we got? How long has Deano got?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another write off year, the spoon is a certainty, big question is will we win one game this year.
WE are in the poo no proven coach would wan't to come, the same with players.
Any win is unlikely; but funny things happen.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How funny will it be in 3 years when Montoya is talking about how he used to play a bit of footy at smoko on the job site as a brickkies labourer...
That soft **** wouldn’t handle a day as a brickies labourer....

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our most important signings will be made off the pitch. We need someone who is a Bulldog to infiltrate the Melbourne Storm system to see how they conduct business. Then bring the blueprint back and put those systems in place here.

Also sign someone like Politis so we can get around the cap in order to assemble a premiership roster.
How do we get News Ltd to sponsor us?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just got home from ANZ . First 20 min was so good. Pity full time was not after 20 . As soon as pay made replacements after 20 min it was crazy. Those intercepts killed us. I cant pick who played bad so many but jmk did stand out from a bad bunch. Liked his passes from dummy half but thats it for me. Better be changes next week although we lost reserves at least they were in it till the end.20,000at the ground looked more like 10,000

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I saw him run direct a bunch of times, he made metres and was putting their defence on the back foot.

And the “flood gates” opened when he wasn’t even on the field - lol.
No mate, the flood gates opened from that dummy half run straight up our guts. Only reason it didn’t look like it was the start of our collapse because of the half time break. Go watch it again and watch CHN plod back with his back turned. We were finished with Parras second try. Our heads dropped and Parra grew in confidence. It was all downhill from there, the half time break was a temporary pause in parra’s momentum.

The only forward that can lift his head up high was Napa. Our forwards are all powder puffs. This game was lost in the forwards.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is a lot of Blame going on -

It is clear our problem sit firmly with Pay and to a lesser degree the CEO and board for going all in and letting a rookie coach rip the roster apart.

The last 2 weeks it is obvious that:
1. Our middle is too small, we are never going to win a set to set arm wrestle in the NRL with only 2 guys > 110kgs, Napa and Faualo, and no one renowned for being a meter eater.
2. Pay's bench rotation, WTF, he took Napa, Elliott and Tolman of within 5 minutes of each other, we leaked 30 points while all 3 were benched? The same thing happened last week. At least one or even 2 of them need to be on the field at all times for defensive continuity.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dymock should have gotten the job! People don’t walk out if they miss out fairly. Out of the two candidates only 1 had a winning record in first grade

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
He's right. We need to build a new team. How long have we got? How long has Deano got?
Yeah we do have to build a new team. But if he is going to buy juniors like cogger and meany. We are fucked.
I get the whole we got no money situation, and get there’s nothing no one can do about it.
Buttt at least sign decent juniors.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No mate, the flood gates opened from that dummy half run straight up our guts. Only reason it didn’t look like it was the start of our collapse because of the half time break. Go watch it again and watch CHN plod back with his back turned. We were finished with Parras second try. Our heads dropped and Parra grew in confidence. It was all downhill from there, the half time break was a temporary pause in parra’s momentum.

The only forward that can lift his head up high was Napa. Our forwards are all powder puffs. This game was lost in the forwards.
I guess we’ll agree to disagree on this one, I really liked CHN’s input today and in contrast to you, I thought Napa was disappointing again....

I just don’t think for an Origin player (albeit ex), “enforcer” etc. he just seem to contribute enough for me, he seems to really lack leg speed/strength and just hits the deck when tackled way too easily.

I don’t know, I just want a whole lot more from him, it is only his 2nd game so the jury is out still and I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Our forwards as a whole have been very disappointing, they talked a big game and have delivered 0

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There is a lot of Blame going on -

It is clear our problem sit firmly with Pay and to a lesser degree the CEO and board for going all in and letting a rookie coach rip the roster apart.

The last 2 weeks it is obvious that:
1. Our middle is too small, we are never going to win a set to set arm wrestle in the NRL with only 2 guys > 110kgs, Napa and Faualo, and no one renowned for being a meter eater.
2. Pay's bench rotation, WTF, he took Napa, Elliott and Tolman of within 5 minutes of each other, we leaked 30 points while all 3 were benched? The same thing happened last week. At least one or even 2 of them need to be on the field at all times for defensive continuity.
Your 2 points are spot on mate, we are way, way too small in the middle, we get trampled over by our opposition and they make huge metres when coming out from their own line and the bench, I’ve just got no idea.

I’ve said it enough but will again, the waste of a bench spot with a utility on the bench makes me want to stab myself in the face with a blunt object.

Seriously, Lichaa in the bench today was absolutely fucking puzzling, stupid, idiotic, I could go on.

Throw Ogden or Martin in there at the very least....

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Napa was good. Close to 200 metres a good try. Good game.

I can't help repeat myself but our forwards are too small. Elliot,Tolmam and Jacko are all small forwards. Rfm not much bigger and that's our starting pack. Tiny and gets dominated.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Drop;

Montoya
Lichaa
Elliot
Fuafatlo
Holland

In
Ogden
Martin
Harper
Brown if he’s fit for utility role
I couldn’t care less the 5th
Play one reserve short

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Drop;

Montoya
Lichaa
Elliot
Fuafatlo
Holland

In
Ogden
Martin
Harper
Brown if he’s fit for utility role
I couldn’t care less the 5th
Play one reserve short
Elliot is part of our leadership group. How dare you?!?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.