Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What exactly did Crichton do wrong? He gets the ball in no space, made a couple of good darts, has 3 backs running at him every time the opposition goes wide. What do you guys want from him?

The big problem is the inside backs. Montoya is a CCC cup man thru and thru.

Lewis is a hare in the headlights. Made a few tackles but is not an organiser, just shovels the ball across the backline. A couple of panic kicks made him look OK. Did not like the surrender instead of running on 4th tackle.
Only time he played the ball in 2 rounds I think. Hopefully 2nd year syndrome.

No tactics except for long passes from Hoppa.

Pathetic to see a team sent out to play such crap football. I expected more from DEAN.

Bring Cogger, Meaney in and have Hoppa in the centres. The only time we looked like making ground was when he was there.

Lichaa out, Tolman to bench, Chris Smith and Ogden in.

Otherwise go and watch the Flegg team (36-4 v Parra)
you made the account 11 years ago and this is your first post.

WOW!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't want to start a new thread so I'll put it in here. Lewis isn't good. Can tackle and sometimes has a good kick. Other than that MEH. Zero running game at all, and isn't a ball player either.

Our halves are rubbish.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think we've got much MUCH bigger problems than the halves personally.
Yeah no doubt.

I just don't rate the guy as highly as others on here.

It's a depressing state of affairs that's for sure. I can't remember a time where after TWO games I've felt this sick lol.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watching the first round game live i knew we got smoked because we have issues NOT because Warriors emotions after CHCH tragedy, that was a cop out excuse and proven wrong when the reigning wooden spooners fkd us and Tigers lapped Warriors

The Eels game for me was the one to see if the players responded to their coach especially after they all got a reprieve but clearly they are not interested in playing for their coach and some need to go now to reserve grade

Crichton
Holland
Lichaa
Sue
Montoya

If Pay does not make adjustments then he needs to be sacked immediately

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah no doubt.

I just don't rate the guy as highly as others on here.

It's a depressing state of affairs that's for sure. I can't remember a time where after TWO games I've felt this sick lol.
Onwards and upwards I say. Players and coaches will come and go but we'll always be here for our beloved Bulldogs.
Watching the first round game live i knew we got smoked because we have issues NOT because Warriors emotions after CHCH tragedy, that was a cop out excuse and proven wrong when the reigning wooden spooners fkd us and Tigers lapped Warriors

The Eels game for me was the one to see if the players responded to their coach especially after they all got a reprieve but clearly they are not interested in playing for their coach and some need to go now to reserve grade

Crichton
Holland
Lichaa
Sue
Montoya

If Pay does not make adjustments then he needs to be sacked immediately
Think there was never a doubt that we got smoked because we had issues, though do believe that there were other factors at play also.

Always think that the true measure of a team. Of a player. Of a coach. Is after a big loss. It's then that you need to see character. Grit. Determination. Work ethic. Pride. As any player hates being drubbed, so motivating them to come out the next week shouldn't be difficult.

It's really telling that we got drubbed again. Even though I don't particularly want to see a massive amount of changes, if he doesn't make 2-3 then I would be quite worried. Players are either not listening / trusting his game plan (which means they need to be dropped), or aren't good enough so need to be dropped.

I know what the next sentence is .... they followed his gameplan which was shit and it's why we lost :grinning: OK. 2 tries from intercepts which was plain dumb by us. A couple other when players came rushing up out of the line & flapped. Doubt he's got that in the game plan.

This isn't a defence of Pay btw. I'll always give coaches time, but this result really hurt me as I really thought we'd show a lot more. If we stay on this path till round 6 then I'll be asking for him to step down also.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hard to blame the halves when they have limited opportunity and they are also doing a lot more defence than they should be.. Foran was one of our best yesterday I thought. You also need the players around you to compliment your work... Lewis doesn't have the luxury of the Morris boys this year finishing off his plays

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This happened last year and yeah everyone had the shits. Lets see pay make some changes. Noone likes losing. Round 2. Thats it other clubs in the same boat we cop all the crap in the press hate the arsehole crawley. We will improve for sure

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are the $2.40 favourites now

Were $6.50 before the season.
I'm not a betting man but I'd take those odds. Throw $100 on that. Won't make an easier $240, IMO.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a betting man but I'd take those odds. Throw $100 on that. Won't make an easier $240, IMO.
I know lol

I've got $50 at $6.50

Our side just flat out his hopeless

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
WTF!!! I left the game early yesterday at 30-10 cause I knew we were gone, I just saw the highlights, what an idiot is Montoya!!! All he had to do was hold on to that ball and it’s a try! Seriously this guy needs to be punted now!! Never ever to wear the blue and white EVER!!! It was a beautifully placed kick by the prince.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WTF!!! I left the game early yesterday at 30-10 cause I knew we were gone, I just saw the highlights, what an idiot is Montoya!!! All he had to do was hold on to that ball and it’s a try! Seriously this guy needs to be punted now!! Never ever to wear the blue and white EVER!!! It was a beautifully placed kick by the prince.
Im pretty sure he dropped it with 15ish to go... Could have maybe started a roll on and made the game interesting but Pay was adamant he was the talking pt after the game.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hard to blame the halves when they have limited opportunity and they are also doing a lot more defence than they should be.. Foran was one of our best yesterday I thought. You also need the players around you to compliment your work... Lewis doesn't have the luxury of the Morris boys this year finishing off his plays
Just on that Lewis and Moz boys

A couple of times he kicked early and Moz boys would chase like their lives depended on it but yesterday the chasers ambled up...alarmingly

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im pretty sure he dropped it with 15ish to go... Could have maybe started a roll on and made the game interesting but Pay was adamant he was the talking pt after the game.
Exact same scenario v Warriors and he fumbled

7 tackle set

Let the rout begin

Yesterday he fluffed it

Game set match

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I been away for 2 days and the place has imploded. I said everything i neeeded to say last week. But most wanted to give them more time and made a thousand excuses why we sucked. Why we suck is obvious. Same shit as last year.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed yesterday a large chunk of the kennel pick up leave after a parra try
There must have been about 10 to go,flags and banners all packed
Really don’t blame anyone,everybody looked so disgusted
Killed me sitting there till that siren went off

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sue clearly wanting to play NSW Cup next week. Fucking moron.

Chris Smith, Ogden, Martin IN
Elliott, Sue, CHN/Jackson (if they don't shape up) OUT

3 words: Convicted Sex Offender.
Every team should have 1......oops...they do...hehehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.