Round 2 Bulldogs V Panthers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's right & one of the reasons we got rid of Corey Hughes was because he was being penalised on reputation even after he stopped the crap stuff. Once Harrigan had an opinion of a player it didn't change even if the player did. Craig Polla-Mounter was a good example of that.
He made reffing too complicated. Know the rules, and apply them, keep it simple. And go back to calling shirt numbers.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Game as summary.
Very little metres in the forwards.
* Ogden has gone backwards. No meters, lazy in defence.
* Napa. WTF. How can he even be picked in the Mounties
* JMK/katoa. No vision. Just passing. Do not bring the forward line moving forward.
* Avarillo. I like the guy, but in 2 games have shown no enterprise & a liability in defence.
* Hoppa trying hard but struggling in the centres.
* Flannagan. OK game. But continuing passes the ball inside .
Certainly alot of work to do.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't care what anyone says Jackson is a massive part of our problem... Dudes not a leader, no sign of talk out there just lost ***** throwing unders plays into markers all day.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You can tell the panthers have done lots of wrestling. We are horrible defensively. Can’t turn a player on their back
They have Alex Prates from Gracie Jiu Jitsu working with them.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett has no idea what it's gonna take to turn this train wreck around.
You can’t they’re amateurs Bellamy couldn’t you know the old saying you can’t put flowers in an asshole and call it a vase

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did anyone comment on the attempted trip when our back made a break away from a Panthers failed attacking kick?
It's wasn't a trip. It was worse. It was a karate kick by Toko or whatever his name is, to zalezniak's midriff. Astonishing no official picked it up

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ogden - 56m
Hetherington - 55m
Elliott - 52m
RFM - 67m
Jackson - 78m
Atoni - 56m
Waddell - 99m
Napa - 37m (5 runs)

I don’t care about the weather or lack of penalties, that is absolute trash
That right there is the biggest issue everything else is secondary and will improve once that is sorted.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know Burton wouldnt change whats happening, but who cares. He still wants to come so ship Napa off and pay the bill. Get Laundy to run a beer tab for the Penny Boys if need be. Paying him to play else where is exactly the same as paying him to do sweet FA for us. He isn't helping one bit on the field, I dare say Smith, Britt or Stimpson could produce what he's been dishing up lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d take that sheep over our tampon wearing forwards any day of the weeks to finish each set in our 50 almost every set of six is pathetic doesn’t matter who we’re playing not good enough
I don’t think the reference to ‘tampon wearing’ is appropriate. However, yes Kikau is one of the best..if not the best..edge forward in the NRL.. He would be a brilliant Bulldogs..

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Atoni, Ogden and Rfm should not be re signed.

Atoni for a big guy is and absolute cream puff hahaha.
Ogden is average.
And as good as Ray can be, he's always injured so its just a waste of time keeping him.

Napa?!?!?

I was with everyone who said keep him because we need him as our stocks are rubbish. But he is doing next to nothing, lol. He is terrible.
We need a forwards leader, someone to set the tone and provide an example for others to follow. Doesn’t look like we had one today. Hopefully that’ll be Thompson when he returns.

HARRIGAN

Waterboy
Reaction score
Different week next week anyway. We've had a tough start against two good packs. Next week we play a team equally as poor up front. Hopefully it'll be a dry track for the first time this season too. Two games in torrential rain won't help a new half back partnership behind a well beaten pack at all.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The squad is not strong enough - Cotric Allan and Flanagan are the only backs of first grade standard (Hoppa and DWZ were but not anymore), Ellit seems to be the only forward who runs with any enthusiasm the others jog.
re Hetherington - he either rushes out of the line and throws an arm out or sits back behind the the other defenders and creates space for the attacking team.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Piss weak forwards. We were renowned for our hard forwards once upon a time. Those days are long gone.
the joint needs a personnel clean out.
Imposters purporting to be first grade Rugby league players are wearing the treasured Bulldogs jersey.
fuck

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess that conversation that Barrett had with Jared Maxwell worked. We got 1 sole penalty out of it!
I think we got 2 or 3 set restarts in the first half and 1 penalty in the second. That’s it for the whole game.