Official Round 17 Bulldogs V Roosters - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The short defensive line and line speed worked v Penrith first half, dragons all game and Parra first half.

It turned into a shitshow with Topine, Flanagan, Manu and T Katoa last week. The whole edge needs to work together. The line was way way too short and too slow making decisions to come up.

I am very surprised that Flanagan was named today because Wakeham had been holding that edge up well defending 3 in.
Agree about the edge defence but maybe they were coached to compress in so that the big manly forwards didn’t roll us through the middle

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Imagine BBO comes on shits all over flanos game and walkers kicks a 2 pointer and seals the deal

He needs to hook Flanagan after first 20mins we wont get anywhere in this game with flano
I thought he would of got hooked last week (tbh he shouldn't be selected at 6).

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine BBO comes on shits all over flanos game and walkers kicks a 2 pointer and seals the deal

He needs to hook Flanagan after first 20mins we wont get anywhere in this game with flano
All flanno has is a cut and it ain't happening in this team because we just struggle to bend lines and shift quick.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You would have thought when you have lost half your squad that playing Atoni and/or Ogden over Patalo and co last week would have been the sensible thing to do.
In hindsight yeah but I doubt they would have made much difference.. I was happy those kids got to see what a good footy outfit looks like now though.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What has Topine actually done to warrant a starting position? Yes the others selected before him haven’t done any more, but is there something in Topine that I am missing. I understand he’s young and full of energy, but why throw him into the fire? It’s not like he’s demonstrated tackle busting ability or footwork or an offload or strong defence… he may or may not come good in a few years, but I just do not see the hype. Typically you can just sense if a player has it or not… I just cannot see it at the moment
i have always believed that the only position Topine could excel in is at 9, To small to star in any other position, I know that many wont agree and want B Smith signed. B Smith is 25 years old and Topine is not yet 20, and how good was B Smith at 9 when he was 20 years old.
Topine is very energetic, a trait which a 9 needs, he obviously loves the club should be at lest given a chance for a few years.
In saying that he should be playing at 9 in the CC.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do we avoid the spoon with average Joes?

Jay76

Waterboy
Reaction score
i have always believed that the only position Topine could excel in is at 9, To small to star in any other position, I know that many wont agree and want B Smith signed. B Smith is 25 years old and Topine is not yet 20, and how good was B Smith at 9 when he was 20 years old.
Topine is very energetic, a trait which a 9 needs, he obviously loves the club should be at lest given a chance for a few years.
In saying that he should be playing at 9 in the CC.
Topine does have good energy, but so far his service from dummy half has been ordinary. He needs a lot work before before being given anther run at 9. Also, last week he failed to put any pressure on DCE and was caught defending the middle and therefore couldn’t get across to defend on the left edge. While he looks a likely player, I don’t think he’s going to solve the teams issues and is likely to be heavily criticised if he’s expected to learn his trade in the current first grade team.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Pretty sure Lewis will be playing 5/8 this week instead of Flanagan. Take it with a grain of salt.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pretty sure Lewis will be playing 5/8 this week instead of Flanagan. Take it with a grain of salt.
I think Lewis is needed for his defence alone. I know you don't pick halves for their defence but the way our team is playing fuk we need help we can get.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis, Flangipani, neither fill me with confidence.
What can you do, we are lacking quality in so many positions.
It will be boys against men (again), hopefully we play with some vigour and manage to put in a good performance.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain why the Covid idiots only get out of isolation tomorrow ?

I thought they went out on Sunday June 20. 2 weeks in iso ended Monday July 5

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can someone explain why the Covid idiots only get out of isolation tomorrow ?

I thought they went out on Sunday June 20. 2 weeks in iso ended Monday July 5
Even if Napa is Covid free, he can still spread his team cancer to everyone.

Last edited: