Official Round 17 Bulldogs V Roosters - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Steve Bos

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yh, he missed the least tackles of any of our forwards lol. Jackson on one edge, flip a coin for the other. Topine off the bench playing through the middle. It doesn't matter through, we're getting hammered because our defensive systems are rubbish and we can't effectively play as a unit...that's before we even lost half our squad.
I don’t think it was based on him ‘missing tackles’ because they went around, not through, that edge.

Agree Jackson should be one edge.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t think it was based on him ‘missing tackles’ because they went around, not through, that edge.

Agree Jackson should be one edge.
Hardly his fault, look at how we defend. I'm comfortable saying he's a better defender than either Stimson or Waddell.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will someone tell Thompson the bed is back when tackling and hit the ball carrier in the bread basket instead of standing upright and trying to shirt front them. Despite what Gus "go the ball, go the ball" Gould syas, if Thompsong goes low with force he is more likely to bend his opponent backwards and hurt they guy so much he will not be so keen to take the ball up for the rest of the game. And have less risk of Thompson being pinged for high contact.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"bend his back". Sorry guys something happened in the typing.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wakeham is the only one that got dropped and hes probably the one we need most to keep Flanagan out of the team. Flanagan will probably cry on the field when the Roosters players sledge him hahaha.
Apart from Katoa, that’s the whitest dogs forward pack I’ve seen since probably the 90s (respectively) [emoji23]

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hurry up 2022.
I'm looking forward to who exactly we have signed that they are not telling us about.
Goodbye to the deadwood...
Who said that we have signed anyone?
Re-signing Jmk is a give away

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is this the first time Stimson has started on an edge ??

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We're desperate for a win. That's the only reason they're back.
And if we don't win or atleast put up a fight against a weak out of form roosters side then we are fuuuuuuucked

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we can win this week return to defence structures, very winnable must take opportunities take walker out early up on him quickly

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this the first time Stimson has started on an edge ??
Started in R1 for us last season I’m pretty sure but picked up an injury in that game. He’s really played fuck all footy for us, 7 games only - mostly limited minutes from the bench.

This will be a good opportunity for him.