Official Round 16 - Bulldogs vs Raiders Discussion Thread

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolute dog shit team excuse the pun but do these blokes want a cricket score put on them or is this justified moves for barrett to fuck them all off next year

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
SG is making it very hard for us to attract players for next year with that rubbish.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah I dont. Because at first you said 800k lol
800k was what was previously reported, closer to 900k was from more reliable sources later on..and no not Chee-Kam source haha. Yh Britt lol

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Show me one person, just fucking one, that thinks this is the best team we can field this week....

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lafai hasn't been great but dropping him for a Holland/Montoya centre combo makes zero sense. Neither does resting Thompson.

You know what I love about sport in general? You absolutely cannot hide. So all the horrible recruitment and retention decisions we've made over the years in relation to our players and coaching staff has been on full display this year. The proof is in the pudding. I said a few weeks ago that it's looking like this season will turn ugly for us and it wouldn't surprise me if we end the last few weeks on the receiving end of some 2008 style floggings.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So, our big mid-season signing at centre has been dropped, Napa's back to flop on players who have already been tackled & Lachlan Lewis is there just to kick the ball anywhere. Seriously, I would rather we used Georgallis or Sherwin at halfback even at their age.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some positives. Everyone’s been calling for Toomaga, and Smith is dropped. I’m happy with those two. At the end of the day, the players who’ve been replaced are going shit so it’s deserved. I’d still like to see Averillo on the bench at least.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SG can go and get f#cked. What it wrong with this bloke? How do you end up with a centre pairing of Holland and Montoya? He is taking the piss now surely. Go now and give the keys to Sherwin for the rest of the season. Unlike Pay he doesn't make many last minute changes so i don't expect the team to be different to the 1-17 listed. The only way we win is if the Raiders dont show up and i mean that literally.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking for a hint of a positive - maybe they have realised Thompson wont make it in the NRL and are trying to shuffle him back to the ESL asap to save some cap. He has been ordinary but to be dropped for Britt!
In one of the interviews last week SG said they were giving Thompson a bit of a rest by playing him off the bench - starting to bench to reserve to ?
Five games to go plenty of time for rest in a month!

Still not as weak aside as the year Luke Young was playing fullback

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we're honest we weren't going to win anyway. So at least with Lewis playing we can have a good hearty laugh at some Benny Hill type ball playing LOL

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least he could try Okunbor & Chris Smith, everybody else has been tried & failed dismally.