Official Round 15 - Dogs vs Sharks - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Wrong. Ben Cummins hates us but he said No Try on the Nikora one but was overruled incorrectly Then when the big bloke made a break and we tackled him 5mtr out from our line we took an eternity to get off him... Cummins could of blown a penalty under the posts to Sharks but didnt So I strongly disagree that the refs were biased against us due to our ladder position.
Expectation bias applies to the video ref just as much as it does to the 2 on the field (and the linesman). There is also squaring up that goes on, how often do we see a penalty awarded for something marginal just after an incorrect penalty was awarded. The refs know that they made a mistake and it influences their next marginal call. Let’s say Cummins was pissed at being overruled, knew we were ripped off, so evened it up a little by making a 50/50 call in our favour.

Or maybe it was just because it was a dominant tackle and we were allowed the appropriate amount of time to clear the ruck.

Go Dogs

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The NRLOL didn't mention another screw up. Cummins incorrectly gave a penalty for a nothing tackle which he 'thought' was crusher on tackle on Josh Morris which actually wasn't.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
The NRLOL didn't mention another screw up. Cummins incorrectly gave a penalty for a nothing tackle which he 'thought' was crusher on tackle on Josh Morris which actually wasn't.
And I may be wrong but I think Sharks scored from the set following the bullshit penalty you are referring to.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Jackson's tackle on Morris.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And I may be wrong but I think Sharks scored from the set following the bullshit penalty you are referring to.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Jackson's tackle on Morris.
Yeah they did score off that. Fmd if it weren't for those bullshit calls, we may have put a decent score on them. You could tell they wanted sharks to win.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I am still completely uncertain how we actually won this game.

The win was more a result of the poor performance from the Sharks (mostly), than anything great from us.

(With the exception of Smith's awesome chase on the Sharks player who almost scored the length of the field try after our shit last tackle kick).

Status
Not open for further replies.