Official Round 15 - Dogs vs Sharks - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dugan front foot planted and in front of Moylan before second kick from Moylan.

No try.

Also bullshit call when Balsa tried to offload and ref called it a strip and penalized us. Feki scored in subsequent set.

The icing on the cake shit decision wise was the Johnson try.

Ball clearly came off Shark player's left hand and went forward onto the ground.

Sounds like a knock on I'd say.

On field ref said no try.

Even despite on field call of no try, video ref supposedly had conclusive evidence to overturn on field decision.

The **** in the video box looked at the knock on part ONCE before awarding the try.

Are you fuckin' kidding me?

The game was rigged against us
He was in front slightly but fuck the controversy and enjoy the Winnn

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If anything the Dogs backed their defence which is great and they did it for Tolman

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Don't you just love that even with the bye coming up we're still guaranteed to be last after round 16?

Son Of Dogzilla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Liicha was fantastic today. Almost player of the match for mine. Cogger also controlled the game well with foran going down early. A good way to end a weekend for once
i thought he tackled well, but his service is still slow and shit he makes JMK look like Cameron Smith.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I believe it is even more important for us to complain about not getting the 50/50 calls when we win the game. That way we can't be accused of blaming a loss on the refs. We won despite them, which shouldn't at any time stop us from complaining.

The fact is the Sharks were expected to win, and win comfortably, so the refs naturally look for reasons why they aren't winning. For example find penalties for them were none exist, after all we must be cheating to be winning. Disallow our tries because they don't think we are good enough to score them. Allowing their tries because they believe that they are good enough to score them. It's simple expectation bias, of course it's unconscious bias, but that doesn't mean it isn't real and affects us.

Go Dogs

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How I see it.

People will play down todays win, but Sharks had 2 tries that should never have been awarded (Dugan offside from a kick, and Johnstons try). Add to that a third try literally gifted to them by walking them upfield from a bullshit call.
Countless other penalties too.
We bombed a few chances to make the score higher.
Teams will always lift or fail, that's rugby league and you can't say "ha Sharks played shit that's why we won". Dogs still required an effort to not only play today but hold onto the lead.
Oh yeah....that Dugan one was a pearler.....the video ref craps on as they do and then says.... and Dugan is............(then nothing) . We saw many replays of it and wondered if the commentary team had said something about it because you normally don't get as many replays....we were of the opinion that the last replay ( shown AFTER the try was awarded )clearly indicated that Dugan was offside....

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Oh yeah....that Dugan one was a pearler.....the video ref craps on as they do and then says.... and Dugan is............(then nothing) . We saw many replays of it and wondered if the commentary team had said something about it because you normally don't get as many replays....we were of the opinion that the last replay ( shown AFTER the try was awarded )clearly indicated that Dugan was offside....
Yeah you are spot on about the then nothing part - it was just silence. It stood out like Dogs balls

The word the video ref was unable to bring himself to say after reviewing the footage was "offside" to make his full observation "Dugan is offside"

But Sharks were supposed to score because Sharks were supposed to beat Bulldogs so let's just change reality and say Dugan was onside.

The fact is Dugan was not onside because he timed his run through for the first kick. He was clearly offside for the second kick - leading foot planted on the ground in front of Moylan before Moylan even did the second kick

Correct ruling: NO try penalty to Bulldogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It wasnt convenient at all that I forgot Hoppa. He played better than he has been but is still a borderline first grader.
He usually misses a heap of tackles, is usually out of position, and he is far to slow. But, today was one of his better games.
True

He was named man of the match by the way

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah you are spot on about the then nothing part - it was just silence. It stood out like Dogs balls

The word the video ref was unable to bring himself to say after reviewing the footage was "offside" to make his full observation "Dugan is offside"

But Sharks were supposed to score because Sharks were supposed to beat Bulldogs so let's just change reality and say Dugan was onside.

The fact is Dugan was not onside because he timed his run through for the first kick. He was clearly offside for the second kick - leading foot planted on the ground in front of Moylan before Moylan even did the second kick

Correct ruling: NO try penalty to Bulldogs
Dugan looked onside to me. From the available video evidence he looks to be maybe 10cm behind on the 2nd kick. Take another look...draw a line parallel to the try line and youll see it was fine.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe it is even more important for us to complain about not getting the 50/50 calls when we win the game. That way we can't be accused of blaming a loss on the refs. We won despite them, which shouldn't at any time stop us from complaining.

The fact is the Sharks were expected to win, and win comfortably, so the refs naturally look for reasons why they aren't winning. For example find penalties for them were none exist, after all we must be cheating to be winning. Disallow our tries because they don't think we are good enough to score them. Allowing their tries because they believe that they are good enough to score them. It's simple expectation bias, of course it's unconscious bias, but that doesn't mean it isn't real and affects us.

Go Dogs
Wrong. Ben Cummins hates us but he said No Try on the Nikora one but was overruled incorrectly Then when the big bloke made a break and we tackled him 5mtr out from our line we took an eternity to get off him... Cummins could of blown a penalty under the posts to Sharks but didnt So I strongly disagree that the refs were biased against us due to our ladder position.

Status
Not open for further replies.