Round 14 team and game day discussion

JK26

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not going to lie, had tears at the end of this game. Fucking wave of emotions trying to ride that one through from 22-6 down to 79th minute loss. Well done lads, never say die attitude. Always next week.
Please just stop posting this crap about effort and never say die attitude. These muppets are professionals and get paid to play the game. Effort and attitude should be a given.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please just stop posting this crap about effort and never say die attitude. These muppets are professionals and get paid to play the game. Effort and attitude should be a given.
So I should just leave along with 90% of other users on this forum because of our views?

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our piss poor defence in the first half cost us.
We look more like a football team with Cogger at HB than at any other point this season.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
What happened to
Rfm?

Fucking Foran. If he stays on the field there’s no way cogger goes for the point. Lack of experience there.

Yes if he kicks it great. Your up 6 in a nail bitter. You been all over them. Wrong Fucking play.

The continual bs calls like no penalty on half time. The head high on smith or Meaney whoever it was at the end too ffs.

I fucking can’t handle montoya or Tolman or Holland how these ***** are in first grade is just making me snap.

Ogden was impressive.

We have lost so many games by fuck all now and the 3 (this, dragons and eels) we really should of won.

In a year the broncos can take the spoon can we please get some fucking calls and win against the warriors next week. Is it to much? Broncos got the dragons so fuck knows what happens there.

Sad reality when all your hoping for is you don’t finish with the spoon....says about how bad we really are and how much our entire place needs the broom.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
That is my big issue with Thompson, when you spend that sort of money on a prop they need to be able to consistently lay a platform and get sets rolling..you don't spend that money on them and then blame others around him.

As you said he needs to play on an edge, I said it before he even got here as I thought he looked more suited there and I'm move convinced of it now. If he doesn't cut it out there then then we're looking at a Trex/Woods level signing.

Baz has a job on his hands, RFM I think can be quality through the middle, Ogden and To'omaga can play roles..but we need an out and out leader week in week out...with what's available Tamou might be that guy? A lot older then I'd like but we need to make the best of things.
Not sure about Tamou but this is absolutely spot on and surely Barrett has to see it.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tolman made better metres than Thompson! The balance of our back is just way off. Next year we have Thompson, Napa, Jackson, Elliott all potentially starting...not one of these guys is going to get the team rolling forward.
the problem with Tolman is that he gets in the way in attack

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Doorey and Thompson on the edges with jacko in the middle
Rfm and to’omaga on the bench

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That is my big issue with Thompson, when you spend that sort of money on a prop they need to be able to consistently lay a platform and get sets rolling..you don't spend that money on them and then blame others around him.

As you said he needs to play on an edge, I said it before he even got here as I thought he looked more suited there and I'm move convinced of it now. If he doesn't cut it out there then then we're looking at a Trex/Woods level signing.

Baz has a job on his hands, RFM I think can be quality through the middle, Ogden and To'omaga can play roles..but we need an out and out leader week in week out...with what's available Tamou might be that guy? A lot older then I'd like but we need to make the best of things.
I said tamou ages ago. Hes the leader we want.

Premiership winner, state or origin and Australian experience and he had a dip in form the last 2 years but has come back better.

He can pass on loads of experience to our forwards

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doorey played well. Now give Schoupp a crack.
Is Schoupp eligble to play? If so, he should have been given a shot weeks ago. It's so depressing to see the young guys not given a go when the regular plodders are stealing their spots.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Was hard to lose by 1 but after taking it in, i guess what we can take out of it, is it looked like being a lot worse when they scored 20+ in as many minutes early in the game. We looked like getting lapped. But to our credit we never gave up and were in it till the last seconds. Add some new signings and a new coach, and we should go much better next year.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Leading with the head’: Dylan Napa on report for tackle in Bulldogs’ loss to Wests Tigers

Dylan Napa speaks to Matt Cecchin after being placed on report
Dylan Napa speaks to Matt Cecchin after being placed on report

Bulldogs prop Dylan Napa faces an anxious wait at the judiciary after he was placed on report for “leading with the head” against the Tigers.
Canterbury were camped out on their own line when Sam McIntyre took a drive towards the line.

When he did he was met by English lock Luke Thompson and Napa. Instead of making contact with his shoulder first, the Bulldogs prop appeared to make head-on-head contact with McIntyre.

The Tigers forward got up and played on as his side scored through Luke Garner shortly later.
But after the Tigers took their shot at goal, referee Matt Cecchin pulled Napa and Dogs captain Josh Jackson to one side.

“You’re on report. You’re leading with the head mate.”

As Greg Alexander stated in Fox League’s call, Napa has been punished in the past for leading with the head.

“There is some history there up at Suncorp Stadium he’s done some damage before,” said Fox League’s Andrew Voss. “He’s now on report and he says shoulder, but Cecchin and maybe a tip from the bunker, they’ve found him leading with the head.”

While playing for the Roosters against the Broncos in Brisbane in 2018, Napa escaped sanction for a similar action which left Korbin Sims with a broken jaw.

He was then hit with a three-game ban following on from the same fixture a few months later when then-Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was hard to lose by 1 but after taking it in, i guess what we can take out of it, is it looked like being a lot worse when they scored 20+ in as many minutes early in the game. We looked like getting lapped. But to our credit we never gave up and were in it till the last seconds. Add some new signings and a new coach, and we should go much better next year.
Absolutely

And what’s lost in the Ls is the fact we are actually scoring points (avg 3 tries) since Pay left

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raymond Faitala-Mariner played limited minutes today for the Bulldogs as he had been suffering from the flu all week (has been cleared of COVID). Was fatigued after 15-20 minutes of the game so came off and did not return

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Raymond Faitala-Mariner played limited minutes today for the Bulldogs as he had been suffering from the flu all week (has been cleared of COVID). Was fatigued after 15-20 minutes of the game so came off and did not return
And Thommo too ? [emoji38]