Round 14 team and game day discussion

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Leading with the head’: Dylan Napa on report for tackle in Bulldogs’ loss to Wests Tigers

Dylan Napa speaks to Matt Cecchin after being placed on report
Dylan Napa speaks to Matt Cecchin after being placed on report

Bulldogs prop Dylan Napa faces an anxious wait at the judiciary after he was placed on report for “leading with the head” against the Tigers.
Canterbury were camped out on their own line when Sam McIntyre took a drive towards the line.

When he did he was met by English lock Luke Thompson and Napa. Instead of making contact with his shoulder first, the Bulldogs prop appeared to make head-on-head contact with McIntyre.

The Tigers forward got up and played on as his side scored through Luke Garner shortly later.
But after the Tigers took their shot at goal, referee Matt Cecchin pulled Napa and Dogs captain Josh Jackson to one side.

“You’re on report. You’re leading with the head mate.”

As Greg Alexander stated in Fox League’s call, Napa has been punished in the past for leading with the head.

“There is some history there up at Suncorp Stadium he’s done some damage before,” said Fox League’s Andrew Voss. “He’s now on report and he says shoulder, but Cecchin and maybe a tip from the bunker, they’ve found him leading with the head.”

While playing for the Roosters against the Broncos in Brisbane in 2018, Napa escaped sanction for a similar action which left Korbin Sims with a broken jaw.

He was then hit with a three-game ban following on from the same fixture a few months later when then-Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough.
Whilst Napa is useless, getting suspended for that would be a joke. It wasn't even a penalty

Doglover

Waterboy
Reaction score
First game in months from clogger and team scores 28 points, albeit against a team that may not win another game thus year. He needs to start for the remainder of the year to give him a fair go, we know what Lewis can and can’t do. No way we score 28 points with Lewis. Don’t blame Meaney for dropped ball at the end, we shouldn’t have been in that position.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What happened to
Rfm?

Fucking Foran. If he stays on the field there’s no way cogger goes for the point. Lack of experience there.

Yes if he kicks it great. Your up 6 in a nail bitter. You been all over them. Wrong Fucking play.

The continual bs calls like no penalty on half time. The head high on smith or Meaney whoever it was at the end too ffs.

I fucking can’t handle montoya or Tolman or Holland how these c*** are in first grade is just making me snap.

Ogden was impressive.

We have lost so many games by fuck all now and the 3 (this, dragons and eels) we really should of won.

In a year the broncos can take the spoon can we please get some fucking calls and win against the warriors next week. Is it to much? Broncos got the dragons so fuck knows what happens there.

Sad reality when all your hoping for is you don’t finish with the spoon....says about how bad we really are and how much our entire place needs the broom.
Absolutely mate, if RFM isn’t injured that is just downright disgusting from SG, Doorey was blowing about 20 mins in to the 2nd half, should’ve changed then, experience was crucial at the end there...

And Montoya/Tolman/Holland is just a disgrace....

DogDayAfternoon

Waterboy
Reaction score
Personally, thought Cogger was outstanding. He provided more running options in one game than Lewis all season. He may have missed two FGs but it was his running game that allowed us to be competitive in the first place.

If I am critical of anyone it’s Napa, Jackson and Tolman.... all slow and terribly predictable.
Agree. Cogger game given lack of time on the paddock in last 12 months was v solid. Sure he didn’t kick the FGs. Hindsight 20/20 etc. Maybe a bit more paddock time and composure / thought process be a bit more mature (this non playing in Covid time is tough as no fall back practice games .. how do you expect players to walk in a be 100pct).

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep the kick chase on the Doorey grubber was laughable. We should have got a repeat set off that one. Our kick chase and pushing up in support....just the basics have been terrible for years.
Some bombs went to smiths side. He was 5 meters behind rest of chasing line. Really lazy, especially when that’s one of your strengths.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t take to many positives from this game. The tigers were and are terrible. Our attack was better, but there defence is terrible. Hopefully Averillo back on deck next week

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We need hoppa and jake back asap.

Montoya and holland gone forever.

Fick even dwz
Has to be there ahead of them as out of form
As he is.

Anyone for Tolman... how the fuck is Renouf not?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone remember late in the second half when we're pushing the ball left, ball gets to Tolman, he looks to continue with the shift but then takes the hitup. WTF? We were more likely to make meters or a line break by pushing the ball wide yet he chooses to take a fucking nothing hitup for -3M. Its that sort of stupid selfish play that shits me about Tolman...and to think he's in the side instead of Renouf
Yep... yelled at the TV there was space out the back BJ Leilua was struggling ..

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hazem El Masri V Canterbury 2020 Season Point Scoring stands at:

2004 El Masri 342
2006 El Masri 296
2003 El Masri 294
2001 El Masri 270
2002 El Masri 254
2009 El Masri 248
2007 El Masri 210
2020 Canterbury 188 (6 games to go)

The 2020 Bulldogs MIGHT finish 5th in this table

I miss the old days

For those who also miss the old days, look back at a 6 game period in 2003. It seems light years ago now
R17 V Newcastle W 48-14
R18 V Brisbane W 40-4
R20 V North Queensland W 42-22
R21 V South Sydney W 62-12
R22 V Melbourne W 50-4
R23 V Manly W 56-24

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
We play hard and we play fast... There’s no way we’re coming... Oh um

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need another 2-3 players ASAP. Plus you add hoopa, DWZ. Cotric and Elliot to the team today we win

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No chance. It was not on. Not when your 6 up with 9 minutes to go and taking a kick from the right of the posts when your a right foot boot.
Exactly. The set up was wrong. Set up on the left hand side.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our defense is out the window, lateral shift to the wings was slow.
Pay almost had it right but now its not sticking.
Defense before attack, is Montoya scared of Lulea, run at him and cling on and tangle the dude.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t take to many positives from this game. The tigers were and are terrible. Our attack was better, but there defence is terrible. Hopefully Averillo back on deck next week
You don't come back from 22-6 down to lead 28-22 with five minutes to go, and let the game slip through your fingers so easily. I'd rather we were towelled than lose like that. Heartbreaking. Nothing went our way the whole game.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You don't come back from 22-6 down to lead 28-22 with five minutes to go, and let the game slip through your fingers so easily. I'd rather we were towelled than lose like that. Heartbreaking. Nothing went our way the whole game.
As soon as we went for field goal and missed, I knew we were gone.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I keep saying the missing ingredient is leadership. Get the ''C'' off Jackson.
I know theres not a lot of alternatives, but he offers nothing as a ''Ç''

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don’t go for a field goal when your 6 points up with nearly 10 minutes to go either complete the sets and defend they didn’t need any help getting down our end of the field without a 20m restart fuckin stupid anyway it’s done now