Round 14 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is this true ?
Sounds like a stupid rule. A team could easily use more than 30 players in a season.
Unless your the storm... the nrl gave them a free pass to play Justin Olam against St.George... but a bottom 4 side can't play a rookie half

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
About time Pay came to his senses by dropping floporan & priest

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that halves pairing as bad as it is will show more then any halves pairing we have had this season. Going to be an upset this Monday guys. Get ready for it!!
Was thinking the same thing. I think we will see what a million dollar man sitting on the sideline does for our side. Foran is more of a problem then anyone else.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Will repeat again. ...Lewis is NOT a contracted player along with Cleeland and Woodford.Only reason Lewis names on extended bench is the club asked NRL for permission to play him as Foran is injured..Answer was no as JMK has played in the halves. Take this as gospel. Cheers
Players 1-26 are contracted for $100,000 minimum amount.
Players 27-30 are contracted for $70,000 amount.
Development players (which are the ones that can be called up with special dispensation) at $60,000 per player (replacing the second tier cap).

Lewis is one of the 27-30 along with JMK. Cleeland and Woolford are not.

this should be the team against the Dragons..
5. R. Smith (sink or swim)
17. J. Oknubor (or any of the younger fwds that need first grade experience asap)
Reimis Smith is absolute arse this year. Can't defend to save his life.

and yet somehow Okunbor is even worse at defending.

Bs Foran is out because of a lame toe injury. I reckon he got dropped and thank god for that
He is injured. Hasn't trained all week with the club. Picked up the injury during Tigers game.

This should be the side
1 Moses Mbye
2 Brett Morris
3 John Olive
4 William Hopoate
5 Kerrod Holland
6 Lachlan Lewis
7 Matt Frawley
8 Aaron Woods
9 Jeremy Marshall-King
10 David Klemmer
11 Josh Jackson
12 Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13 Rhyse Martin

14 Adam Elliot
15 Michael Lichaa (play him in the second row)
16 Renouf To'omaga
17 Aiden Tolman

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Heard a lil birdie tell me pay tore strips off him after tigers game
Wasn’t happy at all
Don’t be surprised if this “toe” injury stretches to months and not weeks.
Just a tip.
I would not be surprised

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn’t happy at all
Just a tip.
He needs a kick up the arse. We need a guy who can close out the game for us.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wasn’t happy at all
Just a tip.
That would be great but the only problem is that the fraud would be getting paid in full the whole time. I wonder what percentage Hasler gets out of orchestrating the worst contract in Rugby League history?

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players 1-26 are contracted for $100,000 minimum amount.
Players 27-30 are contracted for $70,000 amount.
Development players (which are the ones that can be called up with special dispensation) at $60,000 per player (replacing the second tier cap).

Lewis is one of the 27-30 along with JMK. Cleeland and Woolford are not.

Reimis Smith is absolute arse this year. Can't defend to save his life.

and yet somehow Okunbor is even worse at defending.

He is injured. Hasn't trained all week with the club. Picked up the injury during Tigers game.

This should be the side
1 Moses Mbye
2 Brett Morris
3 John Olive
4 William Hopoate
5 Kerrod Holland
6 Lachlan Lewis
7 Matt Frawley
8 Aaron Woods
9 Jeremy Marshall-King
10 David Klemmer
11 Josh Jackson
12 Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13 Rhyse Martin

14 Adam Elliot
15 Michael Lichaa (play him in the second row)
16 Renouf To'omaga
17 Aiden Tolman

Floporan has been dropped.

You do come out with some wicked shit but Michael Lichaa to second row is a farken cracker

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah nah..

I know your cut, but dont worry Floporan wont be seeing much 1st grade for the remainder of the season.

Once again thank fuck that Manly **** is not playing

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck Floporan and Fuck Hasler and all the Manly imposters he brought with him.

Dead set, not one fucken recruit he brought over from Manly has or did anything good for the club

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing. I think we will see what a million dollar man sitting on the sideline does for our side. Foran is more of a problem then anyone else.
Bit of a cover up...toe injury? yeh right. Coaches never tell the truth about injuries. If it's a leg injury they'll tell you it's a hand injury so teams don't attack the problem area. In Forans case it's his back, oh sorry his toe..hmm.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or as this is a new injury and if he never returns, technically they can medically retire him. Don't tell anyone tho lol

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was a good but footy, time and rules have changed since his time as a coach. No one knows how he would go now.
Some ppl think bob fulton might be involved in manlys cap issues. And he was a succesful coach.
Your right mate. For example, Bellamy doesn't want to take a year off next year before going to the Broncos because he said he doesn't want to fall behind the game as it changes every year so he'll coach the storm for one more year. As good as Anderson was, it would take him a few years to understand and realise how coaching in today's game is so different.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough what I was getting at is I am sure people like Farrar and Anderson would step in if they thought it necessary.
As you would be aware you can't be successful in footy without A decent 1/2, 5/8, fullback and hooker (the spine).and we haven't got a top grade one in any of those spots so I don't think anything Pay does or doesn't do as far as the rotating of,or the starting spots of his forwards is going to make much difference at all.
A classic example will be SOO tonight. The changing of the spine. Let's see what happens.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A classic example will be SOO tonight. The changing of the spine. Let's see what happens.
Except that Maloney and Cleary play together and Maloney and Tedesco have played origin together. Morgan, Munster, Hunt and McCullough have all played together, the last two have been in rep teams together since the u12s. Even allowing for all that Origin games are generally never brilliant combination plays, they are dour tough metre eating games that rely on a kick or a moment of individualism to win the game. Still I'm about to go to the airport to watch it and I'm excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies.