Official Round 14 Bulldogs V Dragons - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I still think this is genious. No one will complain when we do not resign the 12 or so players off contract this year.
It's pretty genius signing worse players to replace them instead (looking at Atoni).

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Topine should be there over Katoa (even over Stimson and go Deitz over Katoa, Katoa is trash please stop persisting with him...) Atoni must be leaving. F.
i agree topine should be there, but i dont mind him getting game time in reggies, he is only young and still learning. if he is playing middle he isnt a big body so no point busting the kid in a losing team this year imo.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1623133844372.png

Those last 2 stats are so worrying.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
i agree topine should be there, but i dont mind him getting game time in reggies, he is only young and still learning. if he is playing middle he isnt a big body so no point busting the kid in a losing team this year imo.
I'd rather have a better chance of avoiding the spoon. People only remember who finish 1st or 16th. We had the chance this week to pick our best 17 (maybe could also add Allan over Hopoate, not biggest difference) bar RFM being injured.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s to hoping Barret doesn’t want to many mental scars for next yr, maybe he’s playing the long game with some of his youngsters
I'm thinking that way also. Do we want to build these youngsters up with a losing culture which most of our nrl side have gained over the past five years? The reserves beat ladder leaders Penrith last week in a great win so keep them there and let them feel that winning culture.

Seriously, bringing those guys into our nrl side is a step backwards mentally.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 25153

Those last 2 stats are so worrying.
Its a fine line. We dont do much with the ball (hence our high completion rates). But our defence has also been poor this year and we dont have the ability to defend our errors so you dont want to be taking too many risks.

We just seem to be playing for set moves all of the time. The game has gone past that

sleepy dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This of it this way we’ve been blooding youngsters for the last 3 years in loosing teams and look what’s happened they start to develop a looser mentality and attitude it’s a big part of the game that some people don’t acknowledge topine is a future star for us but if we put him out there every week to get pumped by 40 it’s not going to do anything for his development playing him every few weeks and then sending him back to a reg side that’s winning games will be better for his development. Trust the process for him throwing him to the sharks isn’t the right move and the smart people understand and get that

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Its a fine line. We dont do much with the ball (hence our high completion rates). But our defence has also been poor this year and we dont have the ability to defend our errors so you dont want to be taking too many risks.

We just seem to be playing for set moves all of the time. The game has gone past that
The last point has been a problem since the end of Des era, same with Pay, and same with Barrett (who's a half himself and was the Panthers assistant coach - focussing on their attack, and they have the best attack in the NRL), so we have to blame the players ability, effort, etc/losing mindset at this point?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This of it this way we’ve been blooding youngsters for the last 3 years in loosing teams and look what’s happened they start to develop a looser mentality and attitude it’s a big part of the game that some people don’t acknowledge topine is a future star for us but if we put him out there every week to get pumped by 40 it’s not going to do anything for his development playing him every few weeks and then sending him back to a reg side that’s winning games will be better for his development. Trust the process for him throwing him to the sharks isn’t the right move and the smart people understand and get that
I basically posted the same thing. I'm thinking that way also. Everyone needs to understand and trust that there are things that go on in the background we don't hear of or know the truths of

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probably a good thing that atoni and Topine are playing in the Mounties squad rather that then them stewing on the reserves bench.

flanagan needs to play in Mounties so he can develop a game

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd rather have a better chance of avoiding the spoon. People only remember who finish 1st or 16th. We had the chance this week to pick our best 17 (maybe could also add Allan over Hopoate, not biggest difference) bar RFM being injured.
topine is not going to win you a game, he has been solid but spectacular. He would take Stimson's spot but stimson is a bigger body so can only assume TBaz whats that against St George.