Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We fuckin deserved to lose like that, fuckin negative football we play is a fucking disgrace to the dogs brand! Des can go get fucked and if Garvey and Elliott are the best players we have to make the 17 than fuck me! I'm sick of this fuckin shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Saw that today on Facebook (Sandor Earl shared it - hopefully I am talking about the same snippet haha) and actually thought how well written it was. Very thorough and engrossing, really really top class writing.

Would love to have a read of the book when it drops.
Thank you mate yes thats the same book

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From the stats i see it was 6-5 penalties to them, so that must mean first half penalties to us 5-1, so the refs must have been on our side hey???
Don't get me started on the penalty count. Penalty count was 8-4 and we were penalised for offside but the near perfect side that is Cronulla were not and they had four main offenders who were offside ALL night..Ennis, Gallen, Lewis, Graham. I was at the game and believe you me if I had had the chance I would have jumped the fence and showed him exactly where he could put the whistle. Ask any of the 10k that were there and you will know exactly what I mean. That being said our execution of our non existent game plan was disgraceful and I travelled 600km there and back to watch it. Mr 'I cannot make a decision without refereeing it to the bunker' had another magnificent non blinkered performance. If you think I am cranky about the game you are correct and only I am so tired my reply would have been a bit better structured.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dont buy that "blame Des for everything" bullshit. Moses kicking game is shit not because Des has made him kick shit, its because its shit. Its like the poster the other day trying to say Des coached Jmozez passing game out of him LOL. Mbye just cant kick for shit. Haslers biggest issue here is he signed a half that cant kick for shit. I HATE the way we play and I know it doesnt suit him but that doesnt excuse those shitty kicks he put in tonight. They were all on him not the coach.
It was as if the ball and the Cronulla winger had magnets all over them because that is about the only place the kicks from Moses went last night. Disgraceful.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Last night showed me ( or I suppose reinforced to me) that we have one of the dumbest game plans in the Nrl. First half, apart from some poor kicks and defensive reads we played okay but then second half and we just once again simply go out to defend any lead we might have. At 12-10 at half time ( should have been 12-0 but we won't go there) we needed to play positive footy. We completed well, but completing just for the sake of it and effectively completing are two different things. Thirty eight missed tackles is completely unacceptable in this day and age and that was another thing that was a massive problem. Cronulla missed about 30 as well but ours were where they really counted, in our red zone and that along with dropped ball cost us dearly. We show NO urgency in breakdown of play situations and are so slow to respond to falling on the loose ball.

James Graham was practically blowing a gasket as we continually shot ourselves in the foot both in attack and defence. I have never seen him so ' cranky' during a game in the field of play even in a situation of packing a scrum. I have not seen the press conference but I bet that it would have been a good one....Des excusing our performance and waxing lyrical about whatever took his fancy and James sitting there with that look on his face while mumbling answers to questions.

There were two forwards going forward last night those being of course David Klemmer who can hold his head high 65 minutes of 20 runs for 189 metres, 19 hit ups, 1 offload, 22 tackles, Sam Kasiano 29 minutes of 9 runs for 102metres,1 line break, 7 hit ups, 2 offloads and 12 tackles. Jackson was not as damaging a runner but once again was solid 80 minutes 15 runs for 124 metres, 10 hit ups, 2 offloads, 42 tackles.

I just get so frustrated at our style of play and it is really hard to back up and support the side week in week out when there is no definable improvement in tactics. Will continue to support them though because I can't help myself. Just wish they could offer a bit more. Our bench last night was a weak one, basically just another defensive extension of the thirteen starters that take the field, all tackle no impact except for Kas. At least we did not have a player sitting idle on the bench for 70 odd minutes but lacked an x factor to spark our side.

Michael Liccha appears to be in trouble for his tackle. Only saw the replay once at the ground but it did not look good and would not be surprised to see him miss a week or two, just what we need when our back up players are not performing.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liccha is purely in the side for 80 min workrate and tackling...he offers nothing else. Reynolds offers passion but no vision...the kid tries his guts out but just isnt a half. Mbye...well he needs time in reserve grade because last night was not 1st grade standard. We desperately need a decent half that can steer a side. we would have won if we had that.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think people have now woken to the illusion that is Mbye. Lots of reasons for the loss. Mbye was just one of them.
Probably the most telling failure is the complete lack of leadership. on the field. We do not have a leader at all. Graham has shown he is not a leader. He has been turned into a tacking machine without any
thoughts of creativity. Sadly the future is bleak.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Liccha is purely in the side for 80 min workrate and tackling...he offers nothing else. Reynolds offers passion but no vision...the kid tries his guts out but just isnt a half. Mbye...well he needs time in reserve grade because last night was not 1st grade standard. We desperately need a decent half that can steer a side. we would have won if we had that.
Liccha defence is not that great i dont think... Forwards make a lot of metres through him when they catch him one on one, and he doesn't seem to have the strength to wrestle and slow down the ruck.

Reynolds has been very valuable to the team this year.

We had a few opportunities where we should of closed the game out but just couldn't, it's really disappointing that we are unable to consistently apply pressure. It fukn kills me when we start a game well, scoring a couple of tries, then being chased down.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One positive note for me..I thought that was the best game Lichaa has played for the Dogs..was a constant threat out of dummy half and produced his usual strong defensive effort..shame he got injured when he did..

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't get me started on the penalty count. Penalty count was 8-4 and we were penalised for offside but the near perfect side that is Cronulla were not and they had four main offenders who were offside ALL night..Ennis, Gallen, Lewis, Graham. I was at the game and believe you me if I had had the chance I would have jumped the fence and showed him exactly where he could put the whistle. Ask any of the 10k that were there and you will know exactly what I mean. That being said our execution of our non existent game plan was disgraceful and I travelled 600km there and back to watch it. Mr 'I cannot make a decision without refereeing it to the bunker' had another magnificent non blinkered performance. If you think I am cranky about the game you are correct and only I am so tired my reply would have been a bit better structured.
We didn't get a penalty not once in the second half. Cummins was giving Cronulla all the penalties. And his smirk at the last minute really burnt me up. With that being said we played very shit, and could have scored a lot more tries with the amount of possession we had.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One positive note for me..I thought that was the best game Lichaa has played for the Dogs..was a constant threat out of dummy half and produced his usual strong defensive effort..shame he got injured when he did..
Have to agree with you, I was cheering him on when he scored that try whoop whoop ( for a moment there I forgot all about Ennis)

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We didn't get a penalty not once in the second half. Cummins was giving Cronulla all the penalties. And his smirk at the last minute really burnt me up. With that being said we played very shit, and could have scored a lot more tries with the amount of possession we had.
See I would've said for the amount of piggybacking/ possession Cronulla got in surprised they only scored once in 38 minutes

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where's the penalty?
Sharks need to get the fuck on side.
Sharks offside to get that ball...where was our penalty...
Now I like to mind my language at a game and do sometimes allow a little cuss word to come out now and again but I could really not help myself last night....Bloody refs!!

The latitude that the Sharks were allowed all game to be well within the ten at times really FRUSTRATED ME. There were four main offenders and I shall list them in no particular order; Ennis; not square at second marker when there or at least 2-3 metres each ruck in defence: Luke Lewis at least 3 or more metres each ruck in defence: Wade Graham and Paul Gallen sometimes 4-5 metres offside but never less than 1-2 offside).You could clearly see the officials looking at them but at no time penalise them.

Offside
Following a completed tackle, all but two of the defending team ( i.e. marker and the allowable second marker ( where used) who must stand directly behind the marker ) must retreat at least ten metres from the point at which the tackle is made. This distance is marked by the referee. Following the play-the-ball, defenders are permitted to advance in order to try to put pressure on the attackers and to reduce the distance they can make with the ball. If a defender who has failed to retreat 10 metres interferes with play, then he will be deemed to have been offside and this will result in a penalty to the attacking team. Equally, if a defender advances too quickly before the ball is played, then this will also result in a penalty to the attackers. When a player kicks the ball their teammates must be behind them or they will be called for offside if they interfere with the play.

FROM THE RULES OF THE GAME Section 11

Retire at play the-ball -

(g) players of the side not in possession other than:
the player taking part in the play-the-ball and the acting halfback are out of play if they fail to retire ten (10) metres* from the point at which the ball is played or to their own goal lines. Players of the side in possession other than the player taking part in the play-the-ball and the acting halfback must retire behind their players involved in the play-the-ball or to their own goal line.

(h) having retired the distance prescribed in the preceding paragraph no player of the team not in possession may advance until the ball hascleared the ruck. A player who is out of play may again take part in the game when the advantage gained by not retiring has been lost.

We were penalised twice for that exact infringement when the Sharks were in trouble in their own half but we could not even buy a penalty for the same offence. The referee(s) had to have been completely incompetent, blind, biased or all three and I am taking a stab in the dark by choosing the latter.

Penalty count was 4-3 to the Sharks in the first half and 4-1 in the second. I don't mind a penalty being blown against our side if warranted but I do object to the fact that identical ones were not blown against the other side under the same circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.