• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ref has some bets happening in this game or what
Hi Kaspa.....funny that you should say that I must have heard the comment half a dozen times last night.....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And there's the smile on the ref when he called the try
So we were not the only ones who saw that.....hubby absolutely lost it when they showed that on the big screen.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did you not see the possesion percentage second half?

http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match43957.html

Click on the possession flow grid for each half and then as a whole, plus look at team stats.

We had 13 complete sets in second half to their 7 , we had 1 incomplete sets plus one incomplete followed by our only penalty of the second half; to their 6 complete plus 9 incomplete sets in which they either got a penalty or we committed an error to give them another set. Cronulla 95 tackles Bulldogs 87 in possession. They did something with theirs we did not. We had two great chances in the second half to put them away but took neither they got one they took it. They scored 10 points to our zero.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
0 points in the 2nd half.

Our approach to the game is the problem.

So from match winning leads, 2 weeks straight we cop 0-22 and 0-10 to lose both games. Your tactics fuckin stink Des!

When the only plan you have in the second half is to simply defend the lead you have at half time you are never going to win a game in this day and age. We seem to be clueless when it comes to any sort of attack within the opponent's 20 metres zone, we are so easy to defend against and once again that was the way it panned out. Must admit though if a few things had stuck ( like Rona's juggle, the covering up of the ball at the death on our try line) might have been a bit different.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we have even a half assed kicking game we win that game. The whole match turned when Moses failed to find touch and we were lucky to hold on as long as we did. Kerrod Holland isn't a first grade player I'm sorry to say he can't defend and offers little in attack.
Did you sit near us at the game? Someone made a comment pretty much on par with that.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When the only plan you have in the second half is to simply defend the lead you have at half time you are never going to win a game in this day and age. We seem to be clueless when it comes to any sort of attack within the opponent's 20 metres zone, we are so easy to defend against and once again that was the way it panned out. Must admit though if a few things had stuck ( like Rona's juggle, the covering up of the ball at the death on our try line) might have been a bit different.
I know. But even if we'd win, we're always living on a knife's edge. A couple of things go wrong, playing like this and boom! It's over.

Imagine losing a GF, in the manner we did last night? .... Come to think of it, the Broncos did eh....!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The press conference was very depressing. James Graham had atrocious body language and seemed a broken man. As soon as Des started talking he began picking at the bandages on his hands and seemed like he was shutting out what Des was saying. Did anyone else think that his comments about defending the full eighty minutes smacked of criticism?

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
The press conference was very depressing. James Graham had atrocious body language and seemed a broken man. As soon as Des started talking he began picking at the bandages on his hands and seemed like he was shutting out what Des was saying. Did anyone else think that his comments about defending the full eighty minutes smacked of criticism?
Felt bad for him as he played well and wanted to win

Kaspa

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
So we were not the only ones who saw that.....hubby absolutely lost it when they showed that on the big screen.
Well that was the brightest smile and it couldn't be cause it was cold hmmm!!
And as for the ref bet comment it wouldn't pass me one bit..

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Warning : Do not watch the dogs play when you've had a bad day. Its so frustrating and makes things worse.
Even if you're having a good day don't watch it because it's bound to make you annoyed as fuck lol.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I like to mind my language at a game and do sometimes allow a little cuss word to come out now and again but I could really not help myself last night....Bloody refs!!

The latitude that the Sharks were allowed all game to be well within the ten at times really FRUSTRATED ME. There were four main offenders and I shall list them in no particular order; Ennis; not square at second marker when there or at least 2-3 metres each ruck in defence: Luke Lewis at least 3 or more metres each ruck in defence: Wade Graham and Paul Gallen sometimes 4-5 metres offside but never less than 1-2 offside).You could clearly see the officials looking at them but at no time penalise them.

Offside
Following a completed tackle, all but two of the defending team ( i.e. marker and the allowable second marker ( where used) who must stand directly behind the marker ) must retreat at least ten metres from the point at which the tackle is made. This distance is marked by the referee. Following the play-the-ball, defenders are permitted to advance in order to try to put pressure on the attackers and to reduce the distance they can make with the ball. If a defender who has failed to retreat 10 metres interferes with play, then he will be deemed to have been offside and this will result in a penalty to the attacking team. Equally, if a defender advances too quickly before the ball is played, then this will also result in a penalty to the attackers. When a player kicks the ball their teammates must be behind them or they will be called for offside if they interfere with the play.

FROM THE RULES OF THE GAME Section 11

Retire at play the-ball -

(g) players of the side not in possession other than:
the player taking part in the play-the-ball and the acting halfback are out of play if they fail to retire ten (10) metres* from the point at which the ball is played or to their own goal lines. Players of the side in possession other than the player taking part in the play-the-ball and the acting halfback must retire behind their players involved in the play-the-ball or to their own goal line.

(h) having retired the distance prescribed in the preceding paragraph no player of the team not in possession may advance until the ball hascleared the ruck. A player who is out of play may again take part in the game when the advantage gained by not retiring has been lost.

We were penalised twice for that exact infringement when the Sharks were in trouble in their own half but we could not even buy a penalty for the same offence. The referee(s) had to have been completely incompetent, blind, biased or all three and I am taking a stab in the dark by choosing the latter.

Penalty count was 4-3 to the Sharks in the first half and 4-1 in the second. I don't mind a penalty being blown against our side if warranted but I do object to the fact that identical ones were not blown against the other side under the same circumstances.
Has been happening all year against us, it started with the first Para game then the Raiders worked of that as well, now is become a defensive gamelan against our forward pack.

Refs will keep turning a blind eye to it unless the evidence comes out in public, and i believe that's up to us as the broadcasters very rarely show a zoomed out pick of the defensive line with each play the ball.

The only way to fix it (in my opinion) is to have fans who were at the game get together and do a compilation each round of the EVERY offside infringement and post it publicly on various media platforms.

Tony archer then would be publicly pressured into making sure the 10m is officiated correctly.

In saying all that, i still believe we lost fair and square the other night, but us losing a couple of meters per play the ball due to inept officiating can and does make a big difference.

What's the point in reducing interchange if your not gonna police the 10m?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has been happening all year against us, it started with the first Para game then the Raiders worked of that as well, now is become a defensive gamelan against our forward pack.

Refs will keep turning a blind eye to it unless the evidence comes out in public, and i believe that's up to us as the broadcasters very rarely show a zoomed out pick of the defensive line with each play the ball.

The only way to fix it (in my opinion) is to have fans who were at the game get together and do a compilation each round of the EVERY offside infringement and post it publicly on various media platforms.

Tony archer then would be publicly pressured into making sure the 10m is officiated correctly.

In saying all that, i still believe we lost fair and square the other night, but us losing a couple of meters per play the ball due to inept officiating can and does make a big difference.

What's the point in reducing interchange if your not gonna police the 10m?
Yep, thanks Brooko. When you watch the game on tele it is not a true indication as to exactly how bad and now prolific the infringements are. The crowd certainly let the officials know about the displeasure in the ten the other night and I cannot fathom how the officials continued to turn a blind eye to it. The players that I mentioned were at it ALL night and quite often it was in and around the ruck area where they were pretty effective in stopping any go forward. Some of the infringements were directly either side of the referee. What are the touch judges doing in this as well?

Whenever Tony Archer is advised of irregularities all we ever get from him is either a weak apology for an error or a solid backing of his officials even when points are brought to his attention.

There is a fellow who sits in front of us at ANZ who is pretty particular of stats and actually compiles various ones such as penalty count and the reason for the penalty and where it is given,time the tackle number and the player , errors, scrums etc. during the game.( has a whole folder with about three or four ruled up sheets.) Might have a chat to him.

Last edited:

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont lie mate
http://hussle.fansunite.com.au

Snippet of chapter attached
Like I said releases 1 September
I also think it is very well written.
Sione Faumuina now there is some interesting subject matter. I do remember him as a bit of a bad boy and was it him that had the relationship with Temepara George?
You know what looks intriguing about that book is even in that little snippet I found it interesting how Daniel Anderson is portrayed. I would love to know a bit more about how he coached the warriors and how it all turned to custard. Interesting also to see the mental journey of the player and how he perceived things. Definitely looks worth a read. Congratulations

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I also think it is very well written.
Sione Faumuina now there is some interesting subject matter. I do remember him as a bit of a bad boy and was it him that had the relationship with Temepara George?
You know what looks intriguing about that book is even in that little snippet I found it interesting how Daniel Anderson is portrayed. I would love to know a bit more about how he coached the warriors and how it all turned to custard. Interesting also to see the mental journey of the player and how he perceived things. Definitely looks worth a read. Congratulations
Thanks
All covered in the book no sugar coating just raw account of his life and footy. You might be more interested in his views on Cleary yo be honest. His time w Temepara in there as well. It was more of what to leave out in this book! Over a year in the making as he lives in Brisbane I live in Wellington and we both rin our own business. This was a side project that has gained traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.