Official Round 12 Bulldogs vs Titans Game Day Thread

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Carr trouble?
Josh Addo-Carr has battled all week to get back on the field to have one crack at regaining his State of Origin jumper. At Saturday’s captains run, with some doubt still surrounding his return for the Bulldogs today, Addo-Carr went over in almost the same place at Accor Stadium that he injured himself against Souths on April 7. Ironically, his ability to bounce back from that mishap may have been the telling moment in his comeback. Provided he pulls up well this morning, he will get a chance to stake his claim for Origin I. But he needs a vintage performance.
Sorry @djdeep4172 I was thinking a fresh thread for this one

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Carr trouble?
Josh Addo-Carr has battled all week to get back on the field to have one crack at regaining his State of Origin jumper. At Saturday’s captains run, with some doubt still surrounding his return for the Bulldogs today, Addo-Carr went over in almost the same place at Accor Stadium that he injured himself against Souths on April 7. Ironically, his ability to bounce back from that mishap may have been the telling moment in his comeback. Provided he pulls up well this morning, he will get a chance to stake his claim for Origin I. But he needs a vintage performance.
As if this will stop a djdeep4172 thread. The **** is like those old people on FB reposted everything lol

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Game day brothers - we got this. I can feel a big victory today.
Watching the performances of the Dragons and Tigers this week, I can't see the Dogs anywhere near that standard of play. They have halfbacks and forwards who aren't afraid of winning.

We will earn last place today by surrendering to the Titans in the same way that the Dogs of the past six years have played - a few who try their hearts out, while the passengers look on waiting for a miracle to happen.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watching the performances of the Dragons and Tigers this week, I can't see the Dogs anywhere near that standard of play. They have halfbacks and forwards who aren't afraid of winning.

We will earn last place today by surrendering to the Titans in the same way that the Dogs of the past six years have played - a few who try their hearts out, while the passengers look on waiting for a miracle to happen.
It’s too early for that type of negativity uce lol. I’m a go to church, put the coals on for the bbq, have some beers and watch the dogs destroy the titans. Fck dragons and tigers, they are both made up clubs. We got this bro

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Before this weekend You hadn't seen Tigers or St merge play the way they did this weekend.

Don't pin all your hopes of dismay on 1 weekend of games.

In a few weeks youll pick up again when we go back to 12th or 10th depending on results.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Seriously Luke Brooks isn’t afraid of winning? Is this the same guy who hasn’t been to the finals his whole career?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you think I have labelled him the PR Stunt?

That's all he is.
Think thats 100% right as originally I think CC was only going to use JR for Origin cover if Burton had been selected. CC initially went with Nu Brown as the preferred 14 and then with all the forward injuries Brown was then seen as an emergency 13, before Brown was then injured himself. The PR stunt has clearly backfired given our forward injuries in an already lean forwards roster.

Still unsure why we offloaded Davey given no-one has come in yet for him. Maybe he's a concussion risk or something as he had an HIA on Friday night, and could be wrong but thought I remember one happening before. Wish we fought harder for Vaughan he was great last season.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously considering we are dead last , if we don’t even look close to winning today then I am officially deflated, fucking ground hog day. Anyway I wouldn’t be surprised if we trump the tits but I also ain’t holding my breath, just can’t believe 2023 I’d expect a bit of mental fortitude in this team ffs

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez you can’t win with you lot. Every week you rip the team list and then still complain when changes(forced or otherwise) are made. The performance of Pele & RFM was the great last week and they have been replaced by Morrin & Hughes.
Who is the player that drastically changes team performance? Patolo & Nu Brown are just coming back from injury and weren’t amazing in NSW Cup last week.
It sucks the team is losing but we still don’t have required squad depth to be a top 8 team

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Carr trouble?
Surely no-way he's misses indigenous round and there is no chance that Fitler admits his mistake, hurts his ego and selects Fox for SOO.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez you can’t win with you lot. Every week you rip the team list and then still complain when changes(forced or otherwise) are made. The performance of Pele & RFM was the great last week and they have been replaced by Morrin & Hughes.
Who is the player that drastically changes team performance? Patolo & Nu Brown are just coming back from injury and weren’t amazing in NSW Cup last week.
It sucks the team is losing but we still don’t have required squad depth to be a top 8 team
Perham has become the scapegoat so Ciraldo will probably get bagged until he’s dropped for someone who either isn’t ready or isn’t as good

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously considering we are dead last , if we don’t even look close to winning today then I am officially deflated, fucking ground hog day. Anyway I wouldn’t be surprised if we trump the tits but I also ain’t holding my breath, just can’t believe 2023 I’d expect a bit of mental fortitude in this team ffs
A win would be good and just keep the circus moving. I will be happy if we fumble our way to a win.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Perham has become the scapegoat so Ciraldo will probably get bagged until he’s dropped for someone who either isn’t ready or isn’t as good
Dunno about scapegoat. Young yes but he's had a run and opportunity since Rd1. Until last game he hadn't even made a break. You can waste the #1 jersey on someone that doesn't add to the attack. Especially when #7 was a flop (Flanno), now another rookie and Burton is struggling with what his true position is. To me Perham needs to take what he's learnt in FG and dominate Reggies to earn that #1 FG spot again. He's free to prove me wrong today though, happy for him to.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Then it's time Ciraldo made the passengers get off the train.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dunno about scapegoat. Young yes but he's had a run and opportunity since Rd1. Until last game he hadn't even made a break. You can waste the #1 jersey on someone that doesn't add to the attack. Especially when #7 was a flop (Flanno), now another rookie and Burton is struggling with what his true position is. To me Perham needs to take what he's learnt in FG and dominate Reggies to earn that #1 FG spot again. He's free to prove me wrong today though, happy for him to.
Perham was solid early but has really dropped off. IMO, he deserves to be dropped but I’m not sure we have another FB that makes us better.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Perham was solid early but has really dropped off. IMO, he deserves to be dropped but I’m not sure we have another FB that makes us better.
My first choice would be Fox and after that that young kid from last week looked like he could have a go. He certainly didn't deserve being dropped after that debut.