Official Round 12 Bulldogs vs Titans Game Day Thread

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I actually enjoy getting our L nice and early in the week
Yeah pros and cons getting the L early in the week.

Pro - gets it out of the way early so don't have to wait all weekend for the L.

Con - sh*ts up the whole weekend versus just the end of Sunday when we get the L in the Sunday afternoon game

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let’s face it, any coach without a decent spine can only do so much. We have a decent 9, a half decent player in Burton who has a long way to go to reach his full potential, an 18 year old kid who is very very raw, and a 17th ranked fullback in the NRL.
17th ranked Perham but where would you rate Avo if he was temporarily switched to FB to strengthen the team?[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure where I’d rank Avo as a Fullback. But the question needs to be asked would we have won more games this year had Avo played fullback. Probably not. We probably lose the saints game without his two tries standing out wide. Would Avo be standing in the same spot as Perham when Kikau offloaded to him to score against the tigers, we ended up winning by 4. We probably lose by 2. But who knows.

The point is, people are going to argue about a couple of positional changes when we start losing to justify our losses, it’s only natural to do that. In my opinion it probably wouldn’t have made that much of a difference to be honest.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah pros and cons getting the L early in the week.

Pro - gets it out of the way early so don't have to wait all weekend for the L.

Con - sh*ts up the whole weekend versus just the end of Sunday when we get the L in the Sunday afternoon game
I prefer the Thursday/Friday L as at least I have my boys game on a Saturday morning/arvo to cheer me up.

PS proud dad brag again....

3 games, 3 wins.

54-18
52-6
60-0 (Assassin Jnr got man of the match with his defensive effort and 3 offloads for tries.

Screenshot_20230516_220119_MyLeague.jpg

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
17th ranked Perham but where would you rate Avo if he was temporarily switched to FB to strengthen the team?
I’m not sure where I’d rank Avo as a Fullback. But the question needs to be asked would we have won more games this year had Avo played fullback. Probably not. We probably lose the saints game without his two tries standing out wide. Would Avo be standing in the same spot as Perham when Kikau offloaded to him to score against the tigers, we ended up winning by 4. We probably lose by 2. But who knows.

The point is, people are going to argue about a couple of positional changes when we start losing to justify our losses, it’s only natural to do that. In my opinion it probably wouldn’t have made that much of a difference to be honest.
[/QUOTE]
Maybe so. Was just wondering where you'd rate Avo if Perham is 17th.

Lots of ifs this happened or that happened or we didn't get injuries. We have to deal with what we have at the moment.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ciraldo is dissapointing.He is the same as barret,great assistant but terrible head coach.He can put KO in after a minute in dogs colours but where is Rajab,even on the bench.Wilson to fullback and skelton???.Even Joash papalli could flourish butay never be given a run ever.Gould talks 5 years but we have some good players ready for blooding now.
For god sake cameron make a statement.We have nothing to loose.Every year we promise better but get worse,sign a few players that gives us hope,talk the DNA crap but dont deliver.We are a shell of the club that used to be and is hard to watch.I never thought in my time the dogs would be down for so long.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ciraldo is dissapointing.He is the same as barret,great assistant but terrible head coach.He can put KO in after a minute in dogs colours but where is Rajab,even on the bench.Wilson to fullback and skelton???.Even Joash papalli could flourish butay never be given a run ever.Gould talks 5 years but we have some good players ready for blooding now.
For god sake cameron make a statement.We have nothing to loose.Every year we promise better but get worse,sign a few players that gives us hope,talk the DNA crap but dont deliver.We are a shell of the club that used to be and is hard to watch.I never thought in my time the dogs would be down for so long.
this is exactly my fear is he will lose motivation and not want to exceed anymore.. I hope he proves us wrong tbh

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How disappointing. All bark, no bite.

After that presser last week, are we to believe that last week’s loss was Wilson’s fault? Or was it 10min Pele? Cos they’re the only ones out from last week.

I really hope the mercenary owns Fifita, but I’m guessing he’ll just meander his way through the game and bludge it again

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Totally understand everyone’s frustration.

All I can say is that Cirlado has a 5 year deal and he appears to be making decisions based on that. Anyone with half a brain knows we ain’t winning a comp this year. The focus is building for the future.

Of course Perham is not the answer at fullback. That’s why we signed Crichton. Avo might be a better short term option but he is being given a chance to be our long term right centre.

Ciro might turn out to be a dud. But let’s keep in mind he has inherited an ordinary team with a diabolical injury toll.
Sounds like you have been institionalised for mediocracy by long years of Club excuses and trampled on hope.

That's fine that CC has a 5 year plan, so he should. That said, we all know RL Contracts mean less than the dirty poo ticket I flushed today & our club have a big recent history in sacking Coaches, player's and anyone else.

Anyone with the other half of brain knew we never were in Comp consideration however can correctly expect a far better effort than what has been shown so far. Build the future but there IS a right now that includes pride and holding your head up for effort given regardless of win or lose.

Perham has had a run since Rd 1 and quite frankly does not deserve another run in FG until he proves it from Reggies. Until late in the game the other night he had not made a break and already as a rookie the other teams have figured out his silly step that isn't really a step. He needs to go and dominate reggies, if he can. Everyone is so fixed in their thinking that Avo is the only argument with regards to FB. Avo other than 1 1/2 good games is only just in this team himself (IMO). Fox is about to return, had said when signing he wouldn't mind giving it a go so why not try him there? Gives him free rein to be available both sides of the ruck and not conducive to whether the centre will pass the ball to him. Heck even Wilson could try FB. Perenium was a rookie too and got a go. Fox at FB and Blake on the wing for me. Crichton is still a massive ? at FB and not a walk in solve for that position.

Love the years old excuse of "inherited an ordinary team", he's had way more than the other coaches had. And it doesn't excuse the performances and effort or lack there of we are seeing. This team is an embarassment and how much of it is down to them sitting around singing, holding hands and being best mates? They all need to harden the fuk up, CC needs to stop wanting to be mates and put some fear into these girl dicks. Fukin Club Captain that shouldn't even be in the FG team, the PR stunnt in grub should be over and refusing to drop players after he publicly said he would.

CC's bench and team selections have largely been a fail so far and at a minimum we have dropped 3 to 4 easily winnable games.

Seems to me that the phrase "Accountable" is just a catchy line and not a real held trait.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a game we should be confident about yet I fully expect these mugs to get trounced by 50.

Pangai better do something this week the lazy sod

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How about just calling him Perham and supporting all the players who put on the blue n white jersey?

Fuck we have some sad and lame "supporters" on the kennel
LolI was just reading this thread and thinking why the the fuck do some of these people even bother supporting the dogs? The coach is shit, the players are shit, should have done this , should have done that. Gus should never worry about the depth in the coaching ranks again, there are a fuckload of expert coaches here on TK :laughing:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LolI was just reading this thread and thinking why the the fuck do some of these people even bother supporting the dogs? The coach is shit, the players are shit, should have done this , should have done that. Gus should never worry about the depth in the coaching ranks again, there are a fuckload of expert coaches here on TK :laughing:
Folkes didn’t call us Nuffies for no reason , we have to live up to our name