Round 12 - Bulldogs vs Tigers - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you wanna just give us the win now and skip this one?
Depends on the refs. If they let you guys turn this into a slow and ugly game, like your team normally play this year, may be you guys have a chance.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the second tier cap still a thing? Maybe Pay is not using Brown as he is wary of being over the second tier cap?
I thought t was abolished but that’s the reason or he just wants to see if Brown can be a utility player?

Reactions: LSD

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Its one of those jokes that goes on and on and on... Holland is NOT a hooker, these selections compound how lowly i think of Pay and his ability to coach. How many hookers do we have in the club and he chooses a winger.
He reminds me of my stupid brother, does something so stupid, you tell him its stupid yet it pays off once, and then he does the stupid shit over and over again...

Btw which Centre/Wing combo from the tigers are playing against Montoya, as i want to captain them in my supercoach team this week, i have marsters and Fonua to choose from... only positive i can come up with, with his selection in the team
I think it'll be Fonua and Nofu on their left edge

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t get Pay’s loyalty to some players. We aren’t winning games nor looking competitive. We can definitely turn this season around but doesn’t look like it.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t get Pay’s loyalty to some players. We aren’t winning games nor looking competitive. We can definitely turn this season around but doesn’t look like it.
You must accept the fact that Dean Pay does not have the reserves you are seeking. They are bog average.
If Klemmer or Woods goes down, we have no props left. Sad fact.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not as if anyones knocking the door down in ISP. Brown was hopeless when he got a shot earlier in the year
However, he has been playing well when he returned back to ISP. Was the in form
hooker until Lichaa was dropped. Clay Priest does not deserve a spot in fg.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was literally the best hooker in the ISP yet Pay refused to promote him the the NRL side when we needed a hooker. He then shifts him to the halves and now fullback lol. Pay must really hate him.
Yeah I’m disappointed that Brown doesn’t get a look in. He’s the best hooker in ISP so for his reward gets shifted to halfback and now for some reason Fullback!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You do realise that steve georgalis coaches reserves dont you? So how does that make it dean pays choice.
Pay is the head coach, he makes the final call. Brown should be in firstgrade atm.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason Montoya is in the side is because he is a local junior. Well, i don't care where he came from he is having a horrible year. So frustrating to know that again our right side edge will be targeted

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy with Holland on the bench. He's added value in every game and during his stints at hooker he's been our best in the position since Ennis. Sure it's only 15 mins at the end of games but he's looked dangerous, made breaks and throws better balls than Brown, Marshall or Lichaa. They actually travel quick and land on the chest of runners! He might not be there in a perfect world, but Pay is using him well given what he's got.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you wanna just give us the win now and skip this one?
I'm almost tempted to say yes. Referees are Henry Perenara & Ashley Klein. How on Earth Perenara is in first grade this week is beyond me.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland's doing the job and he's like gold dust in the instance of one of our back 5 going down as JMoz did last week. Sure beats having to shift a slower, less agile back rower to centre - as we have done with JJ in the past, and has always been found out defensively on account of being too slow.

There's a good reason why Brown isn't in first grade and that's because he's substandard. Always looked pretty unspectacular at the Sharks and has been rubbish in his short stints in FG with us this year.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy with Holland on the bench. He's added value in every game and during his stints at hooker he's been our best in the position since Ennis. Sure it's only 15 mins at the end of games but he's looked dangerous, made breaks and throws better balls than Brown, Marshall or Lichaa. They actually travel quick and land on the chest of runners! He might not be there in a perfect world, but Pay is using him well given what he's got.
Exactly. Hes played well in that role and he has covered our ass twice now when backs have gone down injured. I really dont see brown offering a great deal more than him in the 20 minutes hes gonna get

Status
Not open for further replies.