News Round 1 Predicted Teams - Bulldogs: New coach and yet another roster overhaul offers hope for finals return

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What the fuck are these clowns watching? He was our best forward by a mile last year, will start this year and play huge minutes..
Exactly, And we need him to.!!! Some comments/picks , lack a little common sense lol.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okonbor?

Oh no please no [emoji23]

I’ve tried to like him. I can’t do it. He had me with his smith speed bump that bum chin cheat lol.

I am torn on the reports of perham. I am in the camp that seriously doubt averilo makes it anymore. Just last year he didn’t grab it for me. Had moments (which is why I’d probably give him a chance as we said with new coach, now key quality players and also the fact he could have an off season without Ferris and Baz) though his lack of willingness to contest bombs when he dropped them and shying away from contests at time really turned me off. I know it’s confidence. Just that sort of stuff isn’t something you teach. Dwz was hopeless at times with his hands but his balls never went into his stomach.

Anyway.

1. Averilo sink or swim
2. Perham
3. Burns
4. Kiraz
5. Jac
6. Burton
7. Fml maybe Reynolds lol
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Thompson
11. Kikau
12. Rfm
13. Tpj

14. Davey
15. Sutton
16. Topine
17. Pele

I’ll say I expect alomiti and Skelton to force their way in at some stage.
What, no mention of Lynne . . . Well done sir :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to get a good read on RFM last season after that huge injury lay-off. Next season he should hit his straps again.
RFM needs to practice his footwork at line and then find his little offload again. He looked fit and fresh last year but his skills were a long way off. We definitely need him firing cause I don't want to see TPJ on the edge or see Waddell at all.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
RFM needs to practice his footwork at line and then find his little offload again. He looked fit and fresh last year but his skills were a long way off. We definitely need him firing cause I don't want to see TPJ on the edge or see Waddell at all.
Fuck me. In all the hype of next season I forgot we still had Waddell in the squad, lol. You’re right, RFM was off but the guy was out for two or two and a half seasons or whatever it was. He’ll be better next year and I presume will play right edge. Although I haven’t seen much of this Davey that some of the guys are talking about.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck me. In all the hype of next season I forgot we still had Waddell in the squad, lol. You’re right, RFM was off but the guy was out for two or two and a half seasons or whatever it was. He’ll be better next year and I presume will play right edge. Although I haven’t seen much of this Davey that some of the guys are talking about.
RFM will kill it next year. A full off season and with his body good again, he will be kicking arse in 23

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not a fan of Rfm . Apparently their is a kid we got , not sure where we signed him from but looking really good . Young kid not sure how old he is but training the house down .

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes it's him. I Think RFM will move to the middle.
As well he should.. He's always been way more impactful and consistent in the middle as opposed to on the edges.. He's at his best when he has two 20-25 minute stints in the middle. He's not as effective and is weaker defensively when playing big minutes on the edge

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It took 4 or so coaches to finally realize that RFM is not a starting edge player and should be in the middle. Would much rather Davey/Preston/Topine defense on the edge over RFM defense.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I think they see him that way . He turns his shoulder in way too many times in d , he’s just lucky he had burton on the outside of him .
True but Burton was very slow to react and was beaten on NUMEROUS occasions on his inside shoulder.

I thought as a pair they were very ordinary defensively.

I have been wanting RFM in the middle since before he was injured .... it simplifies his game, and he has the engine and size for it.

Where i differ from most is i would give TPJ a shot on the right edge at least in the trials. If he is indeed 10 kg lighter his agility in defense may well improve.

This would give us strike on the right which we lack big time and allow TPJ to play more minutes.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus has been hyping up Preston massively and he dominated Reserves last year, so it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a bench spot in round 1 or the first few weeks of the season.
I thought he held his own in reserves but showed his ability when he dropped back to play in the Flegg grand final where he was a standout in a well beaten team.

His versatility is a big plus for the bench, but you would think Topine would get that spot at least initially.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not a fan of Rfm . Apparently their is a kid we got , not sure where we signed him from but looking really good . Young kid not sure how old he is but training the house down .
He looks to be a talent,who knows how to find the line,but i can't see him starting in front of Ray Ray,He might get a bench spot and then force his way in, but RFM will be in the starting team round 1