Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate how he says “later” in the season in relation to any changes.
Earlier last week he said, he’d pick his team on form week in week out and no position was safe???
You can’t keep chopping and changing the team week in week out. That’s how you end up with absolutely no harmony on the field and the wooden spoon.

Give it some time. If the combinations are rubbish, that’s when changes should be made.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can outsmart them. Holland and hoppa are clever with the ball. Smith has got pace. Montoya tries hard. Crichton will add some starch to the start of our sets.
I can’t like this post enough. Hoppa and holland are definitely very smart and know how to make a line break assist. Smith definitely has some pace. Hope he sees a line break. Chrichton will have a massive year I reckon. He looked very solid during the trial. And I heard that Montoya has done some brilliant things this pre season. I also heard that Him and smith know each other’s games very Well.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why can’t pay consider jacko at lock
He won the brad Fittler medal and killed it with nsw at lock
That way u could have Martin in your team
Martin is by far a better all round player and advantageous to the team than Elliot

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Montoya got caught out 3 times in one half in the trial
Twice rfm saved his arse and the other time Foran got there
He is a disgrace and has no idea

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reckon it has something to do with only signing for 1 year as well. Pay and co probably thinking he hasnt committed to us so bought CHN and want to make Rhyse work harder for it. I honestly cant see any other NRL coach dropping Martin from their team ...or choosing Elliott, Faulolo or structuring JMK in the team over Martin. There were plenty of options to include Martin but Pay hasn't. Hope the team doesn't suffer for it....but willing to give Pay his dues.
TBH, i like Martin as he is a natural first grader. Plays like a seasoned veteran not a gun shy rookie. Plus has about lers say 8 to 10 points in him per game. There must be a valid reason a to keep him out of the team.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Three options:

1. Pay is pulling a sneaky on everyone

2. Hasn’t trained with the Canterbury Cup team, as it took this long for first grade team to be decided, therefore he’s not chosen.

3. Team will be updated on Saturday with Meaney and Martin in it.

Option 3 is most likely.
Martin already named

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hearing on good authoritie montoya won't play meaney will be fullback hoppa to the centres
Also, Lindsay Collins will be in the halves instead of Lewis.

Edit: I’d be happy for you to be correct, but I doubt it will happen.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Same shit posts. Come on mate, at least wait for the first games completion before you unload with all of this rubbish!!
When Pay changes then i will change. He is a shit coach and I am a shit supporter..

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
T
Solid team though I don’t see the surprise in the backline that Jackson was hinting at. I don’t see why we broke up the smith/Holland pairing unless we were blooding Meaney on the wing and moving smith to center. Meaney not being named in either side won’t do him any good. Maybe there will be a late change. One can hope
This is the best team available. Besides perphaps replacing JMK with Martin or Smith.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Turn it up mate! Rhys is from Innisfail mate. Country as!! Biggest banana farms in Australia, and a tiny population.
Rhys isn't in the team because we have better options in the back row. Your just gonna have to deal with it.
Most people on here would agree Martins overall value is greater than that of Elliots

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are all the people who were betting their balls that Hoppa wouldn’t be starting Fullback? Please reply with your apologies because of the frustration cause to all of us with commonsense.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can’t keep chopping and changing the team week in week out. That’s how you end up with absolutely no harmony on the field and the wooden spoon.

Give it some time. If the combinations are rubbish, that’s when changes should be made.
But it’s worked for Nathan Brown, he’s done so well the past few years...oh wait...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most people on here would agree Martins overall value is greater than that of Elliots
Create a thread with a poll then. I actually think Elliot will have a massive year. Perhaps we can revisit your poll at the end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.