Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Montoya getting mowed down by Russell Packer in open space should have been enough for him to never get another game
Packer is quick, though. Gotta be quick to dodge all the dicks in prison.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
2. Meaney
3. Holland
4. Smith
5. Chrichton

Has speed both sides of the field

Put more dangerous players next to Foran.

Use Meaneys height to compete for Lewis crossfield kicks.

Holland and Chricton together has me a little worried more so in defence.

Not being critical or anything, just my opinion.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reckon it has something to do with only signing for 1 year as well. Pay and co probably thinking he hasnt committed to us so bought CHN and want to make Rhyse work harder for it. I honestly cant see any other NRL coach dropping Martin from their team ...or choosing Elliott, Faulolo or structuring JMK in the team over Martin. There were plenty of options to include Martin but Pay hasn't. Hope the team doesn't suffer for it....but willing to give Pay his dues.
I’m not sure

I think Martin was either starting or nothing

He won’t push our skipper out obviously or RFM Kiwi international

Elliott was the only dude but he’s part of the leadership team and impressed in the All Star and trials ( both games Martin played and was quiet)

CHN wasn’t lured over to play reserve grade

I have been critical of Pay most of last season but he’s got the team right this week

Just hope the game plan is right too

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2. Meaney
3. Holland
4. Smith
5. Chrichton

It’s easy to draw up players on paper but these guys have been training in certain positions all summer day in day out honing combinations

These combinations blew the Raiders off the park when both full strength first 40

Trust the process

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m not sure

I think Martin was either starting or nothing

He won’t push our skipper out obviously or RFM Kiwi international

Elliott was the only dude but he’s part of the leadership team and impressed in the All Star and trials ( both games Martin played and was quiet)

CHN wasn’t lured over to play reserve grade

I have been critical of Pay most of last season but he’s got the team right this week

Just hope the game plan is right too
Saw an interview where CHN didnt come for a bench spot either and Pay told him he'd start....wodaya do?

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if i was the Warriors i would be bombing Crichtons wing all day and have my winger just jump over him...
We heard that about Corey Thompson when he was on the wing and it didn’t really happen i just hope Crichton has good hands and vertical leap

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Montoya has a big question mark, but I think a lot of his defensive issues last year were mainly due to Hopoate's poor defensive reads to be honest.

I'm more worried about what he offers in attack. He's not the fastest, strongest or most skilled player that's for sure.
I put it down to Frawley poor defense on that edge tbh. He was a liability that Hopoate was always trying to help.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just hope Crichton has good hands and vertical leap
Hate to break it to you but he has neither. I hope he improves his catching skills otherwise the Kennel is going to be baying for his blood after a few rounds.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you but he has neither. I hope he improves his catching skills otherwise the Kennel is going to be baying for his blood after a few rounds.
He is heart attack material with any kind of kick....

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Back line with Montoya is the real worry.Last year his reads in defence were terrible and he was dominated most matches.Pay loves the guy.
Have to respect Pays decision as im sure he has trained hard to deserve spot .
Much prefer hoppa to centre and Meaney be given chance to settle and shine or CHN at centre .
lets hope us supporters have something consistent and exciting to cheer about this year after some lean times .
Fire up DOGS

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same shit coach

Same shit selections

Same shit team.

Yet will still be supporting them and hoping they prove me wrong which they wont.. but...
Same shit posts. Come on mate, at least wait for the first games completion before you unload with all of this rubbish!!

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all those people worried about Meaney not being in the side just need to relax.

I have no doubt that Hopoate will do an excellent job. Back end of last year was brilliant by him and he killed the trial match. Having him at fullback is like playing with another half back. He is by far the best at creative attack and vision. Plus, Don’t we all want the boys to continue playing the way they did at the back end of last year. Well it is more likely that we will see this if Hopoate remains at fullback. Moving a ball playing player to the centres would have been stupid given our attack is garbage.

Meaney is a plan b. If Hopoate all of a sudden doesn’t play like he did during the trial then I say Meaney will no doubt be utilised (and could have a Reimis smith effect on our team with his speed). Trust me pay has this sorted. We no longer have Hasler as coach To worry about Meaney not getting a shot

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2. Meaney
3. Holland
4. Smith
5. Chrichton

You've got to take into account the fact meaney has probably trained all season at fb whilst the wingers and centres have been working on their defensive combination all that time. The less disruption the better this early in the year.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This thread is absolute gold, fuck I've missed the footy

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So should we read into the fact Meaney is not named in NSW cup?
Three options:

1. Pay is pulling a sneaky on everyone

2. Hasn’t trained with the Canterbury Cup team, as it took this long for first grade team to be decided, therefore he’s not chosen.

3. Team will be updated on Saturday with Meaney and Martin in it.

Option 3 is most likely.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Rhyse Martin was a passionate country kid like Elliot or well mannered like JMK, he’d be starting at lock. This isn’t high school Pay.
Turn it up mate! Rhys is from Innisfail mate. Country as!! Biggest banana farms in Australia, and a tiny population.
Rhys isn't in the team because we have better options in the back row. Your just gonna have to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.