Official Round 1 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The one thing I will say about the game is Clint Gutherson in the most overrated player in the game . He is just shithouse , how anyone rates him is beyond me.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Against a full strength Parra side in front of their fans at their home ground, your defence was tremendous, Parra’s only try came from an error. I thought your pack matched theirs all game, but your halves couldn’t’ take advantage. That said the game plan was very defence orientated and a safe one that played to the lack of skill in your halves as they didn’t take risks. Given the tumultuous 48 hours prior to kick off that was pretty smart move on Pays behalf as it took pressure off them. Had your halves tried to play fast that would have suited Parra and increased their error count. And the way they stuck to the game plan for the 80 mins was commendable and will give them a lot of confidence moving forward. All in all I think you did expose the myth of Parra. Their much vaunted forward pack was nullified, neither of their halves could function from that and King Gutho looked more like the a court jester most of the game. A good foundation to build on.
I couldn't agree more and once we get our attack right watch out!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Getting the first try is going to be so vital for this team it's really hard for us to build pressure on the opposition and force them into making mistakes when they know they are only a try away from taking control of the game.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The one thing I will say about the game is Clint Gutherson in the most overrated player in the game . He is just shithouse , how anyone rates him is beyond me.
if he was as good as they make out, Parra win that game by much more

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chrichton was average, I don't know who would be better to replace him but I don't want to see him in FG again.
in a game that was based purely on defence, with no creativity from the halves, and coming up against one of the best edges in the comp, I thought he was a pass, had a few decent runs and some when they were really required coming out of our own end as well

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rocks or diamonds player

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was keen on Brodie Croft at the start of the season when Melbourne was keen to offload him. He signed with the Broncos for $350k a season for two seasons but everyone smashed me for even considering the idea of Croft. The money Croft is on at the Broncos is the same money we will get in compensation for Foran.
Croft grew up as a Bulldogs supporter as well.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Terrible game, but I’m more worried if I was a Parra fan. Try from a shit kick. We were never meant to be that close and almost won. It’s another year of trying to improve for next year. We were also missing our most expensive half and one our most creative forwards. We win with Foran and Cory. Speaks more about Parra than us.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I copped rubbish on here for pointing out how bad our attack was in the Canberra trial... “iTs OnLy A tRiAl”

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Terrible game, but I’m more worried if I was a Parra fan. Try from a shit kick. We were never meant to be that close and almost won. It’s another year of trying to improve for next year. We were also missing our most expensive half and one our most creative forwards. We win with Foran and Cory. Speaks more about Parra than us.
I wouldn't be worried if I was a Parra fan as far as being better in attack is concerned, but they're definitely not a top 4 team, a decent attacking team would have put a fair score on them last night

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I copped rubbish on here for pointing out how bad our attack was in the Canberra trial... “iTs OnLy A tRiAl”
I only need one guess to tell you who it was

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How good is it to not only have the Titans in the comp, but have them play right after a Bulldogs loss

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wakeham at 7 and we need a running five-eight. Moving forward we are better off with Jake Avarillo at 6 because he has a very good running game which will compliment Wakehams passing game.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is always looking at himself on the TV screen. Needs to be put in his place.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Massively overrated and has made my top 5 most hated player list