Roosters backline is ridiculous

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just saying, contemplate for a moment how the Chooks fit into their supersized sombrero a backline of James Tedesco, Dom Young, Joseph Manu, Joseph Suaalii and Daniel Tupou…. Insanity. That’s almost half of a salary cap right there….

Forwards aren’t anything to shirk at either with 6 internationals in Brandon Smith, Lindsay Collins, Victor Radley, Angus Crighton, Spencer Leniu & JWH…. No one batts an eyelid, Media be like “nothing to see here”… can’t imagine the level of scrutiny we would cop

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's ridiculous but also Suaalii struggled a lot at centre, he's much better on the wing. Their whole side is ridiculous and they should finish top 3 with it.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just saying, contemplate for a moment how the Chooks fit into their supersized sombrero a backline of James Tedesco, Dom Young, Joseph Manu, Joseph Suaalii and Daniel Tupou…. Insanity. That’s almost half of a salary cap right there….

Forwards aren’t anything to shirk at either with 6 internationals in Brandon Smith, Lindsay Collins, Victor Radley, Angus Crighton, Spencer Leniu & JWH…. No one batts an eyelid, Media be like “nothing to see here”… can’t imagine the level of scrutiny we would cop
The media have actually released a few articles quoting players who say they're playing for $200-$300k less than they were offered elsewhere to be part of the great organisation or some such bullshit. I'm sure that Politis has influential people in monitoring the salary cap on his roster. They wouldn't get away with it for so long otherwise. The sad thing for them is they've got no nursery. The bulk of talent that goes through that club is scalped and they've got a pretty poor fan base despite the success they've bought over the years.

It is my biggest hope that when Politis dies, the club sinks like a stone and doesn't taste success again for as long as I live. Heard suggestions that Politis has a rich network of people who will pick up where he leaves off, but I live in hope that karma gets them.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
2010 grandfinal teams were ridiculous

St. George Illawarra
Dragons
Sydney Roosters
FB
WG
CE
CE
WG
7. Ben Hornby (c)​
HB
PR
HK
PR
11. Beau Scott
SR
11. Nate Myles
12. Ben Creagh
SR
LF
13. Braith Anasta (c)​
Int.​
Int.​
16. Matt Prior
Int.​
Int.​
Coach​

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s shifty, the NRL universe knows it, but can’t do anything about it… all done via cash, assets and crypto.

Ironically, the only media Personality questioning the Chooks is Buzz, about the only thing he’s come close to being relevant and on the money… I think he projected a contract value based on what was known well exceeding the cap. Don’t recall the specifics but something like that

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Billy Smith is too good a player not to be in first grade.
If we weren’t stacked for backs, he’d be a great pick up if available. Whatever spots we’ve got left in the 30, if they’re not filled with middles we’re going to fall way short of the 8. Decent middles gives us a chance….

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we weren’t stacked for backs, he’d be a great pick up if available. Whatever spots we’ve got left in the 30, if they’re not filled with middles we’re going to fall way short of the 8. Decent middles gives us a chance….
I didn't mean for us but for other teams looking for a very good young centre. I'm surprised clubs like Parramatta or even the Storm haven't asked the question. We need to spend some money on a sombrero.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s shifty, the NRL universe knows it, but can’t do anything about it… all done via cash, assets and crypto.

Ironically, the only media Personality questioning the Chooks is Buzz, about the only thing he’s come close to being relevant and on the money… I think he projected a contract value based on what was known well exceeding the cap. Don’t recall the specifics but something like that

Laurie Daley put to Rothfield on Sky Sports radio why he valued the Roosters so much higher than many of the other clubs in the NRL in terms of what their players are worth on the open market.

“You have rated every NRL roster and the Roosters are worth nearly $2 million over the cap in your eyes and you believe that a lot of clubs have got a lot of work to do,” Daley said on The Big Sports Breakfast.

“I do,” Rothfield explained.

“My colleague at The Daily Telegraph Brent Read and myself went through every roster, so there was a couple of opinions, not just mine.

“But I don’t think too many people will argue the value we have put on the Sydney Roosters and it is about $1.8 million over the salary cap.

Always a Bulldog

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Based on last years form I think Billy Smith beats out Suualii especially if competing for the same centre spot, who may paly reserve grade next year which is crazy after the hype. They also have another English winger they bought for next year. I think by the time the season starts they will find a way to move on Crichton and Suualii which will somehow make them fit enough under the cap to buy whoever they need mid season when it looks like they may miss finals.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I didn't mean for us but for other teams looking for a very good young centre. I'm surprised clubs like Parramatta or even the Storm haven't asked the question. We need to spend some money on a sombrero.
For sure, he’s a good centre both in D and attack