Roberts to the Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
both our current halves started off the year quite well. keating has had more good games than hodkinson. tonight both were poor. they seem to be on a downward slide

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Meh. Roberts would have grubbered behind the line from his own 20m line. Yes, he is that dumb.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
both our current halves started off the year quite well. keating has had more good games than hodkinson. tonight both were poor
Sorry dude Keating is a fkn hack who has good support play. He is not a good 5/8.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meh. Roberts would have grubbered behind the line from his own 20m line. Yes, he is that dumb.
I would take that over the 20+ occasions our halves ran it. Yes they are that dumb.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I would take that over the 20+ occasions our halves ran it. Yes they are that dumb.
Then take it. Whilst you watch NSW Cup, i'll continue watching 1st grade. On your bike sunshine.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it was. Mine was also, but I would like to see him in the side.
As would I and his treatment has been awful.

Any coach with half a brain would have Roberts at 6 over that dud. Then again, a smart coach wouldn't buy a dud like Keating.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You gonna be changing your username/avatar any time soon?
Nickname was mine before it was his. Schoolfriend said if PM was the Bullfrog, then my name is Tadpole. Such was my love of the dogs even growing up in enemy territory.

Avatar.... Strongly considering it.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
roberts is the player we have been missing.our halves are average at best with no running game and average passing game dont expect good results in the future.moore has made his decision and it seems it was the wrong one.always said theres room for both players as you need different player types for different situations.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if roberts gets put into the team this year over keating then it proves that they made a mistake

maybe they will stick with this halves pairing just to save face

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if roberts gets put into the team this year over keating then it proves that they made a mistake

maybe they will stick with this halves pairing just to save face
either that or it will be a move to get him to pull his finger out instead of just being a good support player in most occasions

C

chipandchase

either that or it will be a move to get him to pull his finger out instead of just being a good support player in most occasions
so why was hodkinson hooked and not keating?? if anyone is sacked it is hodkinson

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
so why was hodkinson hooked and not keating?? if anyone is sacked it is hodkinson
firstly, i'm not even comparing the 2 of them

secondly, keating has been a great support player, but that's about it

i just pointed out that fact in response to what rod had said and suggested another reason as to why roberts may replace him under rods hypothetical, nothing more. i don't believe keating will get replaced anyway, he's not there yet imo

as for hodkinson, he should have been hooked earlier. keating wasn't much better, but keating is only meant to be a ball runner and getting good ball out to frank and morris, which so far has not been all that great. he's great in support, not much else, 'so far'

now that the team has had the opportunity to show some growth in attack, with plenty of possession, field position and even rub of the green with refs calls in the canberra game, they're fair game for criticism of their attack.

it's harder to have a go at young halves in only their 2nd season in the top grade at a new club with so many new faces, when your possession is the height of absolute crap, which has been the case in most of our games this year, with piss poor ball control and discipline. but now there's no excuses for their poor showing.

it all starts with the hooker and halfback (assuming the forwards are making decent metres), as we all know. considering hodkinson was probably our worst in this match, also answers your question, but i was never refuting or comparing that, ever.

but there's no glossing over the fact keating also needs to learn to get the ball out to frank and morris much better than he has to date. once he has a halfback doing the halfback job properly, we shall see. that's his only excuse he can use at the moment. once the halfnback situation gets fixed, if he still isn't getting the ball out to morris and frank very well, then he needs better coaching to do so (assuming he isn't already, which i doubt) and if he still doesn't get it together, then he should get hooked too

i'm hoping for the best for those 2 young blokes though. for not only them, but the team, the club and the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.