RLW - Jono Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think it was Des "letting Jono go" last time as much as refusing to match an overpaying offer from Cronulla. Just as the Storm cycle through forwards, keeping low salary guys until they get a better reputation and bloated contract elsewhere, we seem to have the same mentality towards outside backs.
Agreed, that's how I understand it as well.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm so pleased I didn't go to that game. I was 50/50 all week whether to leave work early and drive down to freezing Canberra with my (then pregnant) wife. In the end, we decided not to bother. That would have been a miserable, long drive home...
As someone who was at the game, I can vouch for how bloody cold it was. In front of us were a group of older ladies who had come from Sydney prepared with thermoses and doonas. I bought a scarf to wrap around my head, and spent before game and half time in the heated bar under the grandstand!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
thats all our recruitment gurus could come up with?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This is not right.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wright would be an SCS (Salary Cap Signing), nothing more, nothing less. This is reality under the present rules, you need some non-flashy players who are just about reliable enough for FG, but who free up some space in the Salary cap, every team has them. Brown is an SCS, but if he is getting higher offers elsewhere, than it defeats the purpose to resign him.

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have Inu !!!! Put him on the wing and lets be done with it. SIMPLE !!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Inu is in reserve grade because he cant keep his mouth shut. Simple. Doubt he will see fg at the dogs unless things change.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Inu is in reserve grade because he cant keep his mouth shut. Simple. Doubt he will see fg at the dogs unless things change.
But what has he done, has he just been a smart ass or something at training?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But what has he done, has he just been a smart ass or something at training?
From what i was told by a player from another club, des was unhappy with what inu has told to some people. I wont ask anyone from our club as i dont want to drag anyone else into it aha. May not be true, but im happy enough to believe it.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rugby League Week is reporting that Jono Wright may be a Bulldog before June 30!

what do you guys reckon? I know Jono in 2012 said he loves the club and wanted to be a one club man or something along the lines of wanting to stay with the Dogs..
Would you guys welcome him back?

I think I would. Solid in defence.
Good bloke, fair player but not as good as Inu, Thompson, Mbye, O'Hanlon (could play centre), etc.... Don't need him

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's Mitch Brown lite. Slower, shitter and uglier.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
hopefully he is not the rock star our fearless female leader has been eluding to all year.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, that's how I understand it as well.
Yeah I thought of that too, but the culture that Des was growing at Manly and now I believe is trying to at the Dogs. Really doesn't seem to agree with it. If Jono didn't see the value in sticking at the Dogs for a little less money in a successful team seems to not have the right attitude for what Des. It should be more expensive to sign a player than to keep them unless you have some major internal problems.

Just doesn't seem right and for me doesn't justify the decision. I will be disappointed at the message it would send to the existing players. Unless the senior playing group were involved in the decision.

Oh you want to leave us for a better opportunity, no worries and if it doesn't work out you can always come back.

Yes some players you might take back, but a fringe first grader surely not?

Maybe Jono has approached the Bulldogs as he is desperate to get out, but the Dogs accommodating that I am doubtful.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
True, and it could all turn out to be a RLW rumour. Guess we'll have to wait and find out.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's exactly the same as Mitch Brown, why the f*ck would we need him

Status
Not open for further replies.