RLW - Jono Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Rugby League Week is reporting that Jono Wright may be a Bulldog before June 30!

what do you guys reckon? I know Jono in 2012 said he loves the club and wanted to be a one club man or something along the lines of wanting to stay with the Dogs..
Would you guys welcome him back?

I think I would. Solid in defence.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
@RLW_Mole: EXCLUSIVE in The Mole in @LeagueWeek today: @NRL_Bulldogs want @Cronulla_Sharks winger Jonathan Wright - BEFORE June 30

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rugby League Week is reporting that Jono Wright may be a Bulldog before June 30!

what do you guys reckon? I know Jono in 2012 said he loves the club and wanted to be a one man team.

A one man team? Would be fun to see him try to feed a scrum with himself packing down against six opposition forwards.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

what do you guys reckon? I know Jono in 2012 said he loves the club and wanted to be a one man team.

Seriously - I don't see the point. He's a solid, reliable bottom of the salary cap player. He did a good vaue job for us, but so does Mitch Brown now. Can't see how Wright is significanty different than what we have.

(Also, even if you meant "one team man", we picked him up from Parra anyway.)

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably means Mitch Brown won't be at the club come 2015. He's actually a well sort after player at other clubs.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone know why he is out of favour at guppies?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
God no he's ****ing rubbish why would this be a reality ???

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
He played well for us but i can't see the need for him or where he would fit in ? with Inu , Thompson wanting the same spots. Doesn't make sense.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He will play with Reni IF he comes back!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember 2012 game against canberra where our 13 consecutive wins record was broken? NO THANK YOU

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ahhh this co-incides with his rumour that the Dogs wanted to get rid of Inu before June 30th, despite Inu being quoted saying he's happy at the club, will see out his contract, and wants to fight his way back into first grade.

I'd love to be a journo.

Get paid for making up shit with 0 sources!

Wright is 28 next year, so should be able to sign with the Knights given their min age requirements.

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
He was solid when he played for us but a bit slow and well past his best now. Surely there are better options.

I see him as no better than than Thompson or Brown.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember 2012 game against canberra where our 13 consecutive wins record was broken? NO THANK YOU
I'm so pleased I didn't go to that game. I was 50/50 all week whether to leave work early and drive down to freezing Canberra with my (then pregnant) wife. In the end, we decided not to bother. That would have been a miserable, long drive home...

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably means Mitch Brown won't be at the club come 2015. He's actually a well sort after player at other clubs.
Just can't see it, When Des came to the Club we Had Jono, Des Signed Mitch Brown and let Jono Go...... What now we gonna sign Jono and let Brown go? Des is not the sort of coach to operate on impulse.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just can't see it, When Des came to the Club we Had Jono, Des Signed Mitch Brown and let Jono Go...... What now we gonna sign Jono and let Brown go? Des is not the sort of coach to operate on impulse.
I don't think it was Des "letting Jono go" last time as much as refusing to match an overpaying offer from Cronulla. Just as the Storm cycle through forwards, keeping low salary guys until they get a better reputation and bloated contract elsewhere, we seem to have the same mentality towards outside backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.