RIP NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually don't mind the idea of Gus being head of the game.. say what you want about him, but he makes shit happen.. Penrith were cellar dwellers before he came along, now they have strong presence in the game

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the game desperately needs people in charge who actually understand the game and the fans.. not slime ball politicians.. the fact Beattie doesn't even know which teams are which just shows how invested he is

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I know for a fact 2000 family tickets we're given away to that match.
Yes plus several mates of mine were given free tickets so I suspect many thousands of tickets given away.

Made the crowd bigger than it would otherwise have been

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the game desperately needs people in charge who actually understand the game and the fans.. not slime ball politicians.. the fact Beattie doesn't even know which teams are which just shows how invested he is
Like Barcelona FC & Cronulla Seagulls???
It starts at the top, & Greenberg & Beattie are the last people i would want to be stuck in a room with.
Untrustworthy. They make my skin crawl....

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it's Roosters Storm GF this year I think they will have to pay people to attend... not that Storm can't pull a crowd, just the travel factor, Roosters on the other hand.. :tearsofjoy:

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Also tv ratings are down I stick by my words slow and painful death

Malla

Reaction score
19k Friday
48 k sat

All Sydney teams as well

The nrl is dying a slow and painful death
Probably doing better that nobody shows up to games.
The NRL make more money with people sitting at home and watching it. Clubs are the ones who suffer with people not showing up to games, hence why more teams opt to play at ANZ and not their home suburban grounds.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Horrible crowd when you think about it when the semis featured the 2010,2014 and 2016 premiers.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the older generation u know around 40 or more that have seen the game change over time dont seem to care for it as much anymore. Some of these ridiculous rules and refereeing decisions are turning people away there sick of it and the game is becoming boring. Thats what these people turning there back on the game that i have spoken too have expressed to me. It all starts at the top.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where did you hear that? NRL has the most dominant TV ratings of all sports in this country.
Does that include origin in ratings? Really what comp has the nrl got afl they are to busy going to games than to watch it in on tv and still get decent ratings as is

Malla

Reaction score
Does that include origin in ratings? Really what comp has the nrl got afl they are to busy going to games than to watch it in on tv and still get decent ratings as is
No this is week to week ratings, but if you wanted to include SOO it would blow AFL out of the water.

I think it's a mixture of both however the television coverage of NRL on Fox and even Ch 9 is so far ahead of the AFL - NRL makes a lot more money off tv ratings, as per the tv deal and advertising costs. If crowds were a big issue for the NRL, it would have been well and truly addressed and fixed by now. It's the clubs problem.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Good point.. AFL have steady TV ratings and crowd figures.. we only have TV figures and I really don't think it's good for potential new fans when they turn on a TV for our biggest games of the season to see a sea of empty seats and no atmosphere

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All the older generation u know around 40 or more that have seen the game change over time dont seem to care for it as much anymore. Some of these ridiculous rules and refereeing decisions are turning people away there sick of it and the game is becoming boring. Thats what these people turning there back on the game that i have spoken too have expressed to me. It all starts at the top.
* obvious rorting
*clear favouritism
* no shoulder charge
* no fights
*General pussyfying the game

Are the 5 main reasons why I am over league. If Bulldogs didn't exist I wouldn't watch league. I'd stick with my Crusaders and All Blacks in the Union.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The NRL are run by morons. They knew Richmond will host a final this friday ages ago and still put Melbourne vs Cronulla the same night. On Saturday there is no AFL final in Melbourne. Why not switch the NRL finals this week? They would've had Melbourne all to themselves.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Where did you hear that? NRL has the most dominant TV ratings of all sports in this country.
smoke and mirrors with ratings i think this year it was up 0.3%

this is correct

No this is week to week ratings, but if you wanted to include SOO it would blow AFL out of the water.
nrl kills afl in ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.