Ricky Stuart is a hoax of a coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ricky inherited a great Roosters team from Graham Murray and was given a walk up start to a premiership with Brad Fittler, Craig Wing, Brett Finch, Luke Ricketson and Adrian Morley on his roster.
Yeah, and he also benefited big time from the Bulldogs getting smacked over the cap issue. The Roosters were looking like also rans behind NZ, Knights, Boncoes, and of course the all-conquering doggies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank god he didn't end up at Belmore!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He was a not even a year into a 3 or 4 year deal with the eels. Before the season ended the was already rumors of him signed with the Raiders. Then little snippets came out about his daughter. And how he needs to do what's best.theres the pr spin to deflect total criticism. How can anyone give greif to someone who child has a disability all he is doing is what's best for his family .If parra had won a gf that year he would still be at the eels today . being a father of 3 autistic children myself I thought it was a dog of an act and a pathetic excuse
You poor soul, god will reward you with your patience and kindness brother!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Even after all that I rate Stuart higher than coaching masterminds of Folkes and Kmoore.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
No matter how much I hate eels, what ricky did to parra last year was the lowest of all lowest acts. Sacking half the team to hide his incompetence when he already had plans to jump ship mid contract.
It only shows his character. I really can't stand the bastard. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he has only won 13 out of the last 60 games lol bloody pathetic.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No matter how much I hate eels, what ricky did to parra last year was the lowest of all lowest acts. Sacking half the team to hide his incompetence when he already had plans to jump ship mid contract.
I'm sorry but I have to disagree, we are talking about Parra here... it was completely deserved and I respect Ricky for doing it.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder how Parra would be going if Ricky stayed, in his defence he has done that team wonders with his clean out. Sounds like he might have to do the same thing at the Raiders.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The title of the thread says it all. Just one thing in that story though - why would Parra still be paying him, he left they didn't sack him

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder how Parra would be going if Ricky stayed, in his defence he has done that team wonders with his clean out. Sounds like he might have to do the same thing at the Raiders.
Im not too sure about that.

The players really want to play for Brad Arthur. Ricky keeps losing the dressing room (bit like Price)

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The title of the thread says it all. Just one thing in that story though - why would Parra still be paying him, he left they didn't sack him
Because when you are desperate like Parra is, you tend to make mistakes, such as:

1. Mistake Ricky Stuart for a half-decent coach
2. Be really really generous in your contract offer in order to snare him. Sure, you can leave after a year, sure we'll keep paying you, just PLEASE HELP US!

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not too sure about that.

The players really want to play for Brad Arthur. Ricky keeps losing the dressing room (bit like Price)
No doubt Arthur has had a big influence, I just wonder how they would be going if Sticky had not sacked half the team. If Arthur could have lifted that squad we would know definitively that Ricky has no clue.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No doubt Arthur has had a big influence, I just wonder how they would be going if Sticky had not sacked half the team. If Arthur could have lifted that squad we would know definitively that Ricky has no clue.
What Ricky did with Parra players was disgraceful.

He got rid of half the team by making a mass announcement in front of their peers & then allowed it to become public. The players that got cut have had their confidence smashed & their value with other teams dropped as a result.

Also to the players that did not get cut how would they feel. "Am I a few games away from being cut as well?" Confidence was just smashed all around.

Any good coach, boss, leader would have went 1 on 1 with each player & stated their concerns. If they were still not wanted then they would be told to look elsewhere as we cant keep paying you what you want in NSW Cup. Again this would not be public.

Sometimes these players just need a new start but parading them public is wrong. Im surprised no one has thumped him yet tbh.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
some new director should go into canberra and cut the coaching staff to show him how it feels

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't agree with how he did what he did, but a lot of those guys needed a wake up call.

I don't like it when it is only the coaches fault, the players have to take responsibility sometimes...

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't agree with how he did what he did, but a lot of those guys needed a wake up call.

I don't like it when it is only the coaches fault, the players have to take responsibility sometimes...
Sure but you always look a man in his eyes, face to face & discuss it 1 on 1. Thats all...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's probably not that bad and has had some ordinary rosters to work with while everyone else has had their shit sorted, Cronulla and Parra were pretty depleted when he took over but the Raiders just seem to lack any determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.