Ricky Stuart is a hoax of a coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Following the hapless New Zealand Warriors 54-12 thrashing of the once-mighty Canberra Raiders on Saturday afternoon, Ricky Stuart’s recent coaching record stands at 13 wins from his last 60 NRL games.
Just when you thought this once-proud club couldn’t possibly put together two back-to-back dreadful, spiritless performances, they were made to look like a bunch of schoolboys playing against men in Auckland.
Here is a fact about Ricky Stuart – the best thing he has done since finishing his distinguished rugby league playing career is signing John Fordham as his business manager.
Fordham is a genius for his role in persuading poorly-performing NRL clubs to sign this impostor of an NRL coach to long-term deals.
When Ricky left the Roosters to join Cronulla, he was paid out of his contract. Similarly, he is still being paid by the Eels while ruining the Green Machine.
Ricky inherited a great Roosters team from Graham Murray and was given a walk up start to a premiership with Brad Fittler, Craig Wing, Brett Finch, Luke Ricketson and Adrian Morley on his roster. Slowly, as the seasons wore on and he lost the trust and respect of his players, his tenure became untenable.
Roosters players towards the end if his career openly criticised Sticky in public in a clear sign they did not respect him.
In his three years at Cronulla, Ricky managed just 33 wins.
We all remember what he did at the Eels – sacking half of the players mid season before walking out in the club at the end of the year. In 24 games at the Eels Ricky only had five wins. Yes, five. That’s 21 per cent.
And yet the miracle worker that is John Fordham managed to get his client a lucrative three-year deal at Canberra.
Results don’t lie. It is only a matter of time before the Canberra board see beyond Fordham’s magic and sack his client.
The earlier this is done by Canberra, the better.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/05/11/ricky-stuart-hoax-coach/

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont know John but he must have the gift of the gab.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol don't get me started on this pathetic turd again

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been saying this for years! He's still a lot better than Daley. Great players don't always make great coaches.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No matter how much I hate eels, what ricky did to parra last year was the lowest of all lowest acts. Sacking half the team to hide his incompetence when he already had plans to jump ship mid contract.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Said it before I'll say it again. He used his daughters mental illness as a deflection after he just raped a club. Fukking low sack of shite

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I ended up playing a game of pool with him down Coogee way many years ago. He came across as the biggest tosser.

He got upset when he lost & I just laughed!

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long is he going to last at the Faders?

Will he sack a heap of players to buy himself some time, saying he is working on a new culture in the club?

I only think back a couple of years ago when we where apparently close to signing him on as coach - thank the lords we didn't touch him with a 10 foot pole

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players publicly dissed ricky?

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the three jewels in the R. Stuart coaching crown are:

* winning the premiership with the Roosters in the 2002 GF... it was his first year coaching and it was the Roosters first premiership since 1975... so, well done... but he inherited a team that included Fittler, Minichiello, Wing, Morely, Fitzgibbon, Phillips etc. and that had made the GF in 2000... he also got the team to the GF in 2003 and 2004... but i think in the 2004 GF in particular it was evident that he was a limited coach with his use, or lack thereof, of the bench which probably cost them the game... we also saw how he struggled to replace these players once they started to get on... the halves issue in particular showed his lack of vision going for Firman and then Anasta

* winning the 2005 Origin series... we lost the first game and thus, winning the series 2-1 with the decider at Lang Park is on the face of it quite an achievement... but he also was able to rely upon a better team on paper than QLD and had A. Johns putting on 2 of the best displays seen at Origin level... it has also been forgotten that at the conclusion of the series, he stated that QLD had lost its passion for Origin and that NSW now owned the game... NSW has not won a series since

* finishing equal 1st with the Sharks after the regular season alongside the Storm and Sea Eagles in 2008... this is the one achievement that Stuart really has to get some credit for... a dominant Sea Eagles team and a Storm outfit breaching the salary cap... but the Sharks lost the prelim final 28-0 and Stuart afterwards famously declared that he couldn't win with Kimmorley (even though Kimmorley was already a GF winning halfback and Churchill medalist)... so Kimmorley got shipped off to us and Stuart brought in Barrett to play at the Sharks... the Sharks avoided the spoon the following year on points difference only... so he took a team that finished equal first and made the prelim final and made them wooden spoon contenders because of his obviously poor eye for playing talent... lets also not forget that once the Dogs lost the following year in the prelim final with Kimmorley, he wrote a very self serving and poorly tasted hack job article ripping Kimmorley as somehow vindicating his assessment the year before (he had also wanted to be interviewed after beating us in the 2003 Prelim Final as vindicating the Roosters as true champions of 2002 and not just Clayton's Premiers)... truly classless

in the interim, he coached NSW to 2 series losses, got run out of both the Roosters and Sharks leaving them in a worst state than he found them, lost the WC with the Kangaroos (then blamed the ref), walked into the Eels job as supposedly the most important signing by the Eels since Jack Gibson, tore the squad apart in probably the most insensitive and unprofessional manner (group presentation on an overhead projector), then walked out on Parramatta after one year

and what has he now done with the Raiders --> they are 3 wins and 6 losses and have suffered heavy defeats to the Knights, Sea Eagles and Warriors, he has offered massive overs for a player that does not want to stay (ie. Milford), he is playing Milford out of position, he is playing Campese at first receiver, he is trying to manufacture a five eighth out of Wighton who is a three-quarter (instead of just playing Milford at 6 or promoting another very good youngster in Cornish), and all we now get is an apology to the fans

far better coaches have gotten far less opportunity than Sticky

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Said it before I'll say it again. He used his daughters mental illness as a deflection after he just raped a club. Fukking low sack of shite
yeah i didnt get this? the facilities here in sydney are just as good, if not better, than the ones in canberra. and having lived here for quite some time, they wouldve had a good support group around them and people they trusted. if what youre saying is true then thats pretty sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know how he is still getting coaching gigs. The guy is a dud coach and I can't believe he played for the dogs.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah i didnt get this? the facilities here in sydney are just as good, if not better, than the ones in canberra. and having lived here for quite some time, they wouldve had a good support group around them and people they trusted. if what youre saying is true then thats pretty sad.
He was a not even a year into a 3 or 4 year deal with the eels. Before the season ended the was already rumors of him signed with the Raiders. Then little snippets came out about his daughter. And how he needs to do what's best.theres the pr spin to deflect total criticism. How can anyone give greif to someone who child has a disability all he is doing is what's best for his family .If parra had won a gf that year he would still be at the eels today . being a father of 3 autistic children myself I thought it was a dog of an act and a pathetic excuse

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was a not even a year into a 3 or 4 year deal with the eels. Before the season ended the was already rumors of him signed with the Raiders. Then little snippets came out about his daughter. And how he needs to do what's best.theres the pr spin to deflect total criticism. How can anyone give greif to someone who child has a disability all he is doing is what's best for his family .If parra had won a gf that year he would still be at the eels today . being a father of 3 autistic children myself I thought it was a dog of an act and a pathetic excuse
Must be tough for you. I feel for ya!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Must be tough for you. I feel for ya!
Lol sometimes mate you just want to fukking die, it can get very exhausting but you just got to keep going. It's not a total misery though. You do get good times also a lot of Grey lol

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
i couldnt imagine how hard it would be. all the best to you and your family mate.

if ricky gets the sack, he'll just make out its someone else's fault i.e coaching staff, admin, players, ceo, ball boy etc..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its funny how he gets 3 chances after leaving the roosters and folkes hasnt got 1

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate all good there are people in this world a lot worse off than my position. Just grateful the kids can live a relatively normal life.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol sometimes mate you just want to fukking die, it can get very exhausting but you just got to keep going. It's not a total misery though. You do get good times also a lot of Grey lol
My little bloke has mild ADHD. He can run my mrs & I nuts but can also the best kid.

We have now got him on the weakest Ritalin available & all is pretty good.

I couldn't imagine having 3 of him though...

Status
Not open for further replies.